Status: Co-author around-ish and computer dead. Trying to reformat. Not going too well, lost everything. :(

Power Against Resistance

04. Madison

***********************************
Sage’s POV

Turn me? Oh hell no!

“Shhh.”

“I wasn’t even talking.”

“I know but William will be able to hear you.”

“Whatever We’re too far away!.”

“Woah! Where are you going with that?!”

I got off the ground and a male came out from being behind a tree. He had mousy brown hair that reached past his ears and some dangled inform of his face. He was practically a stick but looked like he could take on his own.

“Ryan! Fuck off.”

“That was William’s!”

“Hey, Mike bit her!”

“Oh” The voice came closer as well as him, “She’s yours now?”

“Mhm.”

I felt a hand run over my exposed arm and I backed away from him so I was near Brendon, “She’s a fine piece of meat.”

I heard a growl erupt from Brendon, “Do not talk about her in such a vile way!”

Ryan was taking back by such a comment. I heard Ryan mumble ‘trash’ under his breath and retreat away. I felt myself being pulled closer and Brendon’s chest. I pulled out of his arms. He was still upset about Ryan’s comment.

He took my hand and started walking out of the woods and to the back roads.. Half way down the block I started to try to get his attention. He kept ignoring me and I growled. He was definitely in deep thought.

“BRENDON!”

“WHAT?”

“We’re going the wrong way.”

He stopped and turned to me, “What?”

“We’re going the wrong way!”

He looked around, “Well, I don’t even know where I was going. Where do you live?”

“Madison Street.”

“Really?”

“Yea.”

“I used to live on that street.”

“Ok….”

He started to pull me in the opposite direction. We were silent and I started thinking. Was William a man of his word? I certainly hope not. I had a lot to live for! I didn’t want to die. Hell I might not have much but I do have a great life. I don’t want to give it up.

“Is he a man of his word?”

We stopped at a corner and he looked around suspiciously, “Yes.”

I gulped, “I’m going to die?”

“No…You’re not.”

He pulled me across the street and I walked up beside him, “Well, what are we going to do?”

“Right now? I’m getting you home and then I’ll tell you what we’re going to do.”

He kept leading me down to Madison Street and I stayed quiet contemplating. When we finally reach my street and started looking up at the houses, “My things change.”

I nodded and I tried to pull my hand away from his. He stopped and looked down at our hands. I, again, tried to pull away but his grip remained. He looked me in the eyes and I felt my cheeks become flushed.

“You want to ask me something?”

He knew what I wanted to ask but I asked anyways, “Were you serious?”

“About?”

Damn him, “Liking me? I mean you just met me!”

“I was saving you’re a*s!”

Knew it was too good to be true. Though, I sort of liking him was weird. All of this is weird! God, what the hell? Seriously? I mean come on! I just met the guy. But maybe that played a part. He just proved I could trust him.

Woman! Clear your head.

“Which one is yours?”

His hand fell from holding mine and I folded my arms, “The blue one.”

“Which blue one?”

I pointed, “That one.”

“Kind of small compared to the others.”

“Yea.”

I walked past him to the front door and I grabbed the door handle. I turned it and it was unlocked. I pushed the door open and let myself in. I turned to let Brendon in but he paused, “I need you to invite me in.”

“Promise not to bleed me dry?”

He nodded, “Yes, I promise,”

“Then you’re welcome in.”

He stepped in mumbling a soft ‘thank you’ as I closed the door. I locked it and he looked around. I flicked on a light and headed for the kitchen. I grabbed a drink as quick as I could and Brendon came in,

“Are you alone all the time?”

“Not always. So, what is you’re plan?”

“I’m going to go to a friend of a friend. They’re hunters. Maybe I can get them to protect you or something.”

“They’re hunters! They’ll kill you.”

“Eh, probably but it’s worth a shot. I’ll go now.”

He looked up at the clock and back to me. He leaned closer and our lips nearly brushed. He forced my glass on to the counter because I had let it rest on the edge, “Sleep tight.”

He walked away from me and I heard the locks click. The door opened and he left. I almost thought he was going to kiss me for a minute. I sighed and slid to the floor. Ok let me get this straight.

William, head guy, wants me turned

Ryan, a*shole, thinks I’m a piece of meat

Brendon, the hero, ‘likes’ me.

Yea, that really didn’t make a whole lot of good. The only thing I really did learn was that vampires existed. Now what? Hunters? What the hell were they going to do? Would they? Probably not. They don’t know me!

God…give me a break
*************************