Status: Co-author around-ish and computer dead. Trying to reformat. Not going too well, lost everything. :(

Power Against Resistance

08. Checkmate

**********************
Sage’s POV

“Sage…Sage get up!”

I opened my eyes and Brendon was over me. I sat up terrified. He ripped the blankets from me and off to the side. He didn’t say anything but scooped me up into his arms. My own arms wrapped around his neck and I held on to dear life. I had no idea what was going on.

“Brendon! I can walk.”

He rushed through my bedroom door, “I know but it’s easier this way.”

“Where are we going?”

“Hunter’s but I have to get you out of here before William comes.”

He walked as quickly as he could out of my house. He finally let me down after about three blocks. Not because his arms hurt but of me complaining at him. My bare feet hit the tar and I gasped at the coolness. He grabbed my arm and started dragging my down the street.

“Brendon.”

“What?”

“Is this really worth is?”

He didn’t even look at me, “What do you mean?”

“You barely know me and you’re risking your god damn life for me!”

He turned his head to look at me, “Hun, I have no life. I’m dead. Remember?”

My eyes narrow and he smiled. I can’t help but smile at his face. He encourages me to speed up as we make our way down the dark and quiet streets. He’s smile fades and he looks around. I keep my mouth shut and I’m practically walking on the tips of my toes.

Brendon’s body grew tense. His shoulders stiffen and his lips had become a tight slit. I looked around and say nothing. No people. No bugs. Absolutely nothing. I gripped onto Brendon’s hand tighter. Man, I was scared.

“You should be.”

That wasn’t Brendon’s voice. It was Ryan’s. Brendon pulled me into his chest and I stared at Ryan. He was in front of Brendon shaking his head. Brendon growled and Ryan returned with a hiss.

“Brendon!”

He turned his head and there was a group of four guys. All had weapons. The Hunters! They came to us. Brendon sighed slightly before backing me and him away from Ryan.

Ryan stepped forward, “Give her to me and things will go peaceful. William said you’d be welcome in the house.”

Brendon shook his head, “No.”

“Brendon. She is a silly human.”

William had appeared out of no where. He looked past Brendon at the hunters. He walked past both of us and in front of Pete. Well, at least the Hunters were distracting William. Though in a few seconds the street was being to flood with Dandies.

“Seriously?”

Brendon and I had said that at the same time. This wasn’t going to end well. Brendon started pulling me down the street. I gasped as my foot hit something sharp. I felt it pierce the bottom of my foot. I gasp and Brendon stoped. I stop and I bring my foot to my hand. There was glass. I pulled the glass out and chuck it.

Brendon looks away, “You’re bleeding.”

“No… really?”

Some of the Dandies had split of and started heading in our direction. I gulped and Brendon took a defensive stance in front of me. I whispered his name and he backed me up. God, I was scared.

“I’ll never let them hurt you. I promise.”(Yes, I did just use that line! :)}

I spoke softly, “Brendon…”

The first vampire came up to Brendon and swung at him. Brendon dodged it and brought his own arm forward. He nailed the guy in the jaw and the guy stumbled backwards. I shook my head. There was too many of them. The weird thing was it looked like they were trying to get Brendon away from me.

I stood in front of Brendon. I knew I was risking my life but I wasn’t going to let Brendon risk his. I was pulled towards a vampire and I glared at him in disgust. He turned to face Brendon and I didn’t struggle. Brendon reached for me. I couldn’t tell if he was pissed at me or the vampire.

“You keep your filthy hands off of her.”

Two other vampires held onto Brendon and William made his way over to us. The guy holding me gave me to William. I gulped when I felt his hands run up my arms. One of his hands brushed my cheek and I almost flinched away. He leaned closer and I turned my head away from him.

His lips brushed over my ear, “I’m not going to hurt you.”

He whipped me around and forced me to walk up to Brendon. Brendon was searching my eyes for something. I just tried to keep an emotionless face. William forced my head to the side and the guys holding Brendon brought him forward.

“Bite her.”

Two words. Two words that meant sharp teeth in my neck and not even William’s teeth. He wanted Brendon to bite me. I swallowed hard and I looked at Brendon, “Just do it.”

He shook his head, “I can’t.”

“Yes, you can,” William spoke softly, “Or you can watch her die a painful death.”

Another vampire joined in, “It’s just a bite.”

Brendon was brought even closer and I felt his breath on my cheek, “I can’t.”

I was pressed so tightly against William so I couldn’t move. I wanted to shove my elbow’s back but I couldn’t move and inch. He held me still when Brendon finally agreed. Brendon brought his lips to my neck. Oh god, please no.

***********************
Brendon’s POV

I leaned closer to her neck. I could hear her heartbeat. It was going so fast. How could she be so still? The guys held him tighter to make sure I wouldn’t escape. I had no idea what to do. I couldn’t do much of anything.

“Come on Brendon. You can smell the blood pumping through her. You want to taste her. Bite her. Take the bite.”

William’s words angered me. He wanted me to bite? Well, How about it I bite you. I leaned to her neck and open my mouth. I went to bite William’s arm but he moved it. My teeth landed into Sage’s neck. I gasped and try to pull back but someone kept my head in place. I continued to try to remove my teeth.

After what seemed like forever William let her go and the guys holding me let me go. I grabbed onto Sage and withdrew my teeth. She was in a shocked phase. I felt her knees buckle. I knew she needed blood but it would brand her to me. She’d be stuck with me. I would be marking her. Making her mine and no one else’s.

I didn’t want her to die.

I let her fall to her knees and I guided myself down next to her. I bit one of my wrists and brought it to her lips. She parted slightly and I watched my blood fall into her mouth. She continued to swallow and I glared up at William. I’ve never felt so much rage.

William would pay.
*************************
♠ ♠ ♠
**********************
Thank you all for the comments on Mibba guys. It made my day.
Subscribe and Comment
Please?

**************