Status: On hiatus indefinitely.

This Night, Walk The Dead

Getting Up It Is Then

I rolled over, and almost fell out of bed. I could hear what was probably Gerard walking around, looking for food, or whatever it is he wanted. I grabbed my phone off the floor. It was noon. Probably time to get out of bed. But then again…
"FRANK!" Gerard shouted from the kitchen. "IS THERE ANY FOOD HERE AT ALL?"
Getting up it is then.
"FRANK! WOULD YOU GET YOUR ASS IN HERE AND SHOW ME WHERE THE FOOD IS?"
I got out of bed, and was reaching for a shirt when I heard swearing, followed by a crash.
I opened the door to see Gerard staring at the wall opposite. There was glass all over the floor, just underneath his gaze.
"What was that?" I asked calmly.
"That big vase that’s always been in that cupboard." He said with no emotion whatsoever.
"You mean that coloured glass urn that had my grandfather's ashes in it?" I moved towards the mess, sure enough, there were ashes among the glass.
"Yup." Gerard still stared into space.
I knelt down, and grabbed a handful of ashes, then let them run through the gaps in between my fingers.
I looked back up and Gerard. He was wearing the same clothes he'd been wearing the day before, a pair of ripped jeans and dishevelled tshirt, with his hair looking like it hadn't been washed lately. Dark shadows were underneath his eyes, as though he hadn’t slept in days.
I stood up, letting the last of the ashes in my hand fall to the floor.
"Get out."
"What?" Gerard finally snapped out of his state
"GET THE HELL OUT, just… just go, and don't come back."
"WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO LEAVE? IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH, WHY DON’T YOU LEAVE?" Gerard shouted in my face
"BECAUSE I'M THE ONE WHO PAYS THE RENT, AND I'M THE ONE WHO BUYS THE FOOD, SO YOU CAN BE THE ONE TO LEAVE!" I pushed Gerard away from me.
"FINE! I'LL GO, BUT THE BAND’S GOING WITH ME. YOU CAN STAY HERE BY YOURSELF, MR ALMIGHTY!" he pushed me this time.
"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THE BAND'LL BE ON YOUR SIDE?" I grabbed the front of Gerard’s shirt.
"FACE IT FRANK, WE CAN EASILY GET ANOTHER GUITARIST, BUT I'M THE SINGER, I'M THE ONE PEOPLE HEAR!" he grabbed the front of my shirt and rammed me against the wall.
I didn’t think he was strong enough for that.
"So I'll leave, and I'll leave you here by yourself, and next week, when we play our next show, you can come watch." He said, looked me straight in the eye and smirked, and walked away.
He walked past the ashes on his way out, and dropped his cigarette into the mess.
"THAT'S IT!" I ran towards him, and punched whatever parts of him I could reach.
I got a few good punches in before the back of my head hit something sharp and heavy. And I was out for the count.

I groaned and put a hand to the back of my head, then quickly pulled it away.
"Ouchhhhhh."
I looked around the flat. It was basically the same as it'd been before I'd gone to sleep last night, except there was no longer any of Gerard's clothes on the couch, and there were the un-ceremoniously scattered ashes on the floor.
I walked over to the ashes, and picked up the cigarette, ignoring the shards of glass cutting into my feet. I flung it towards the couch, then sat down amongst the ruins, and put my hands over my eyes.
But I was not crying.