The Aftermath Of Losing The Savior

Goodbye Savior

Chapter 7 Mikey’’s P.O.V

We were in a church in Bellville New Jersey, the one Gerard and I would go to when we were little. "May God have Mercy on this young boy's soul." The Priest announced. "Mom. I want my brother back." I whispered as we sat in the pew. "I can't give you that" She whispered annoyed with my inability to accept my brothers death. Every one was dressed in black not much of a difference but still it was tradition. Gerard was lying still in the coffin, his dark black hair perfectly outlining his face, the coffin was black on the outside with red lining. Gerard was in his suit looking like a sleeping angel. He was an angel. In my mind. He looked so peaceful. Why couldn’t he'd been like this alive? Why couldn't he find peace?

Frank walked up to the podium to give few words of respect for his lost close friend. “Gerard Arthur Way was my closest friend. A beautiful man with an indescribable voice that he could have ruled the world with. I lost not just a friend but a brother, an influence. All of us lost a savior, all of us are broken and beaten. Some of us were damned. He loved us all though. He was our everything. Until... things got in the way. He was full of so much talent so much potential so much life he could of done great things, saved lives but do to certain things he is no longer with us. Gerard you will be greatly missed by me, by his family and his brothers in the band and all of the friends he had made." The whole room was crying at Frank’s words. But Frankie caught something out of the corner of his eyes...Matt.

His eyes burned with rage as the figure dared to enter this holy place. He signaled to me. I looked over and was enraged by the sight. I tapped Ray on the shoulder and showed him. By now almost everyone knew of his presence. “And that man is one of the main causes of his death” Frank pointed him out with teary eyes. The whole room turned to stare at Matt. Bob, a guy who would sometimes do sound work for free back when there was a band, stood up and walked over to him. I turned around and watched as he escorted him out, then before the door closed I saw him deliver a heavy blow to Matt’s gut. Which put a smile to my face.

Frank cleared his throat into the mike to get everyone's attention. “Gerard always told me his favorite song from my old band was this one so I thought I would play it for him” Frank said then walked over to the side of the coffin where there was a stool and a microphone set up. He sat down and took out Gerard’s old acoustic guitar. “I can't close my eyes, I can't shut my eyes to you, I can't close my eyes, I won't shed a tear for you, Not this time” He started to sing, The Secret Goldfish from Pencey Prep. I tried my best not to cry, I couldn’t listen it was just too much. It made this whole thing feel....real. I just want to go home and find my brother atleast passed out on the couch. But I see him right infront of me laying inert for he will never smile sing or do anything again. I just hope Bob beat the hell out of Matt for doing what he did to Gerard.

When Frank was done singing. He reached in his pocket took out that skittle he never ate and put it in Gerard’s coat pocket. “There has never been a heart as pure as your’s Gerard” He whispered before sitting back down. The priest spoke a few more words then it was time to carry him out. Me, Ray, Frank, our manager Brian, Bob and my Dad, Donald were the pallbear’s. I felt terrible that our Dad had to do this. Isn’t it the child burying the parent not the other way around? This was just like the Helena video shoot all over again, but this time the casket was much heavier, and Frank was crying because he was too short to really help properly. We walked out of the church and there were a massive group of kids. All fans who were shedding tears for their fallen leader. I just hope they can move on without him. But now who will be the savior of the broken, the beaten and the damned who will save me from....me?