Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

Magic Works.

Elise was standing in her room getting ready for the Yule ball. She slipped on the ivory dress her mother had sent for her. Handmade, obviously. It was tight until the bottom, which the layers of lace flared out. She pulled out the matching shawl and walked out. Her hair, which was perfectly curled, fanned out.

Fred was standing with Angelina, who was in a blue dress. “You look beautiful, Elise.” He said. She smiled, and walked to George. “Should we be off then?” she asked. He nodded, and they left.

George and Elise danced, but they were silent. Same went for Fred and Angelina.

Everything was okay, until the fighting came.

*~*~*~*

“George, stop being such a prat.” Elise said, disgusted. “You stop first!” he shouted. She cringed, and he turned away. “This is stupid.” He claimed, walking away. Elise stared on. “George, look at me. George!” But George just kept walking away, and then stopped at Lee. They started a game of exploding snap.

Angelina charged past her, and Fred came and stood next to her. “Well, looks like it’s over for me and Angelina.” He muttered. He stared at Elise, who was near to tears. “Don’t cry, Elise, he’s just being a prat as usual. Come on, let’s go have fun.” He cooed. Elise looked up at Fred; she’d only ever seen his comforting side once or twice. She took his arm and they went inside.

The Weird Sisters were playing. The two grinned, and joined the mosh pit which was forming. She and Fred screamed the lyrics. Suddenly, it changed to a slow song. Fred smirked, and put his hands on her waist. He pulled her very close. Elise was still terribly short, so his chin was at her forehead. She put her arms around his neck, and snuggled closer to him.

They swayed back and forth to while listening to the song, Magic Works. Fred looked down at her. “Elise, I’m not going to pretend at all. I love you. I’ve loved you since I was seven, I’m pretty sure.” He said. Elise stared up, and burst into tears. “I just don’t want to get hurt, or hurt anyone.” She said. Fred quieted her; Hermione, who was dancing with Viktor, was now watching them closely.

“I’m sick of lying all the time, Elise. I love you, I love only you.” He said. “Just let us be together.” He pleaded. She stared at him, and put her hand on his cheek. “I love you, Fred, but I don’t want to hurt” she started.

Fred gave her a hard look. “You’re going to have to choose one of us. Elise, you can’t have three people in a relationship.” He cried. Hermione was now letting go of Viktor. “Elise!” she shouted. George was walking towards her and Fred. They let go of each other. “Come on, Elise.” George said in a raspy voice, pulling her away from Fred.

*~*~*~*
George was standing in the front of the Great Hall when he saw his brother with Elise. The two of them were intertwined and swaying back and forth. Elise was crying, and Fred was trying to console her. George wasn’t as hurt as he should’ve been. That’s when it all clicked.

It was the little things that had drawn Fred and Elise together. The little oddities they both shared, such as being OCD about quiet rooms, toy broom sticks, and muggle books. It was the way Fred brushed her hair out of her face when she got flustered. It was when she was near the breaking point that Fred hugged her. It was when Fred told her she was beautiful.
Elise had always loved him, but she was always going to love Fred more. Sure, they had those charged moments, but that was just emotions left over from his adolescence. They really had nothing in common; at least, they didn’t have as much in common as she did with Fred. From day one, when Fred was the first one to say hello to her, he was destined to be with her.

He and Elise were in the gardens now. “Elise…I see the way you look at Fred. I know how you feel about him. I know you love him.” He said plainly. Elise burst out crying tears that looked like diamonds. “Oh George, I’m so sorry. I never meant to betray you.” She blubbered. George laughed; it was so her to cry for something at her own fault. “Its okay, Elise. I’ve known from the start that this would happen.” He said.

She glanced up at him. “Really?” she asked. He nodded and hugged her. “I love you Elise, but that love will now always be one for a sister. I wanted you because Fred wanted you. We’re two halves of a whole, you know.” He joked. She looked up at him, and hugged him tighter. “I love you, George.” She blubbered. George laughed. “Don’t let Fred hear that. Now get back inside with him.” He said.

And she did, and George headed off to bed. He didn’t shed a tear, nor was he broken up about it. Because he did the right thing, and he could move on.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the lack of updates! right now I'm focusing on this story, less on the others. This one needs to be finished...