Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

This is your final chance.

Elise ran back into the great hall. She saw Fred, and ran to him, hugging him. “He said it was okay.” She whispered. Fred laughed, and lifted her into a hug. She laughed as he kissed her entire face. Suddenly, there was a great yell. “I can take care of myself, Ronald!” said Hermione.

“Uh oh; Hermione only ever calls Ron by his full name when she’s ticked off at him.” Fred said. He pulled her out to the corridor, where Ron and Hermione were fighting. “Next time there’s a ball, ask me before someone else does, and not as a last resort!” she screamed. Ron looked bewildered. “Harry!” he yelled, spotting him from across the hallway.

“Where have you been? It doesn’t matter; off to bed, the two of you!” she yelled, half crying. Harry gave Ron a look, as if asking him what the fuck he did to upset Hermione so much. “I swear they get worse as they get older.” Ron said loudly. Fred smacked his head. “Hasn’t that boy learned a thing?” he asked Elise.

“YOU’VE SPOILT THE WHOLE NIGHT, RONALD!” she screamed, crying now. The whole corridor was watching. Hermione crashed to the floor, sobbing. She slipped her heels off, and threw them to the corner. Elise ran to her. “Hermione, what happen?” she asked.

“Harry went missing, so I sat down with Ronald for a moment. He fought, and then I got back up to go to the bathroom. When I came back, he and Viktor were talking. Oh, Elise, Ron told Viktor the worst things about me! He completely lied! I’m not just seeing Viktor because he’s rich and famous!” she wailed.

Elise pulled her into a hug. “Sh, Hermione, let’s get back to the common room. You can stay with me; so can Ginny, if you wish.” She said. Elise gave Fred a look, as if mentioning he should be off to bed. Fred knelt next to Hermione. “Don’t worry, ‘Mione, I’ll smack up the little git. He’s such a prat.” Fred said, reassuringly. Hermione burst out crying. “You know, you, Ginny, and George are the only Weasley children who are…are nice to me!” she burst.

*~*~*~*

After Ginny came back with Neville (“wasn’t half bad…except he trodded on my toes a couple times.” She said.) She joined Hermione and Elise in Elise’s room. Elise enchanted it so no one could hear them speak; she’d also enchanted two trundle beds to appear. They had the next day off; maybe Elise would ask Fred to bring up some food for them. She doubted Hermione would be in any mood to show her face.

“It was terrible.” Elise whispered to Ginny. Hermione was now semi-conscious- she’d knocked herself out. As soon as Hermione fell asleep, the two sneaked out to the boy’s dormitories. They passed the first years and the second years. When they got to the third year’s floor, Ginny stopped to ask the still awake boys for one’s racquet. “He plays tennis; awfully cool, that muggle sport.” She said. Finally, they were up on the fourth year’s floor. Ginny pressed her ear to the door; Dean, Neville, and Seamus were talking. There was a rumbling snore and an explosion of laughter; Ron was definitely asleep.

Ginny opened the door slightly, and let the three awake boys know she was there. Elise and Ginny walked in. Harry was stirring. “Elise, Ginny.” He hissed. Elise motioned for him to be quiet when they got to Ron’s bed. “One, two, three!” Ginny said, as they whipped open the curtains. Elise levitated Ron. “Wuzzigoinon?!” he yelled. “ARGH!”

Ginny hit him with the racquet. “You blithering idiot, Ron! How dare you trash talk Hermione to Viktor! She didn’t do anything to you, you prat! If you wanted to, you should’ve asked her out first!” Ginny screamed. Elise backed up; a mad Ginny was not something someone wanted to confront.

“Elise put me down!” Ron cried. “No, you’ve been a git, Ronald.” She said coolly. Harry looked at the levitated Ron. “You trash talked her to Krum? That’s terrible, Ron!” Harry said. Suddenly, the door burst open.

“We heard a commotion.” George said. “And we thought it best to sort it out.” Fred finished. He put his arm around George. Elise sighed; at least they didn’t hate each other.

Lee burst into laughter when he saw Ron; George and Fred did so also. “George, tell your girlfriend to put me down! And tell your sister to stop hitting me with that bloody contraption!” he said, outraged. George leaned against Neville’s bed post. “She’s not mine anymore, she’s Fred’s.” He said easily.

“And I won’t tell my girlfriend to put you down, you little git. How dare you do that to Hermione!” Fred said. George stared at him. “What did our brother do to his love now?” he asked. Ron yelled. “She’s not my love!”

Fred ignored him. “He bad mouthed her to Krum; now Krum’s left the Yule ball with another girl. She’s some girl name Belissa from Beauxbatons.” Fred said. Elise rolled her eyes. “Really? That little whore?” she asked angrily. She saw Ron’s face turning red; she let him down. Ginny stopped smacking him.

“I was just trying to protect her.” Ron said weakly. George rolled his eyes. “Protecting her from falling in love with a bloody Quidditch star instead of her git-like best friend. Yeah, makes sense.” George snorted. Suddenly, Hermione burst in. “Elise, Ginny, you were gone and I heard from a first year that some girl was screaming up in the fourth year’s dormitory.” she asked.

Dean, Seamus, Neville, Fred, George, Lee, Ginny, Elise, and Harry burst into laughter. “No, just dear old Ronald.” She said. Hermione giggled, and then her face set in stone. “I think we should get to bed. I look awful.” Ron stared at her. “You don’t.”

Hermione gave him an odd look. “Come on.” She said. The girls left, and Hermione laughed once more. “Thanks guys, but you didn’t need to beat him for me.” She said. Elise shrugged and put her arm around Hermione. “Anything for a friend.” She said.

*~*~*~*
“Viktor, can I have a word with you?” she asked after her Transfiguration class with the seventh years. He nodded. “Eez diz about Hermyoine?” he asked in his strong, Bulgarian accent. She nodded. “Vell, I vish not to speak about her.” He said angrily.

Elise rolled her eyes. “Ronald was telling lies about her.” She said. “She really likes you, Viktor.” She added softly. Viktor smiled. “Vell, I ‘ave some apologizing to do. Thank you, Elsie.” He said. Elise rolled her eyes again.

Could this man not pronounce anyone’s name right?
♠ ♠ ♠
hahaha.
i wrote this forever ago, and it still makes me laugh. long chapter. I'm trying to update twice, maybe three times a day to finish this story up. I have another one planned.