Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

that's my boy.

It was the night of the final task. Elise was standing in the field with Fleur. Fleur was clearly shaken, and afraid. “Don’t worry, Fleur. Everything is going to be alright.” Elise said. Fleur shook her head. “Elise, I ‘ave a bad feeling about zis.” She said. Elise hugged her. “You’re going to be fine. I’ll watch over Gabrielle.”

Fleur took her by her shoulders. “If anything should ‘appen to me, Elise, promise you will care for Gabrielle as if she was your own sister.” She said. She stared Elise in the eyes, and Elise nodded. “I will.”

Cho was standing with Cedric. The two of them were hugging, and Cedric kissed her longingly. “When I come out, everything’s going to be fine.” He said. Clearly, Cho was scared for him. Elise was too. She walked over. “Cho, can I have a word with Cedric?” Cho nodded, and kissed Cedric once more. “Good luck, I love you.” She said, rushing back to her seat. Cedric gave Elise a grim smile.

“So I guess this is now or never, eh?” he said. Elise hugged him tightly. “I have a bad feeling about tonight, Cedric. Be careful.” She warned. “And please, take care of Harry in there, if anything should happen to him.” Cedric held her tighter. “Of course I will.” He said. “Good luck.” She said, kissing both his cheeks and walking away.

She approached Viktor. “Good luck, Viktor.” She said, hugging him also. He smiled. “Elise, ‘ave me in your prayers.” He said. She nodded, and walked to Harry. He looked more nervous than ever. “Harry, good luck.” She said. He looked at her. “Thanks, Elise. I’m just…scared.” He admitted. Elise hugged him even tighter. “It’s alright to be scared. But you’ve been so brave. You made it farther than I could’ve ever had in my wildest dreams.”

Harry held her tighter. “Thanks for the support, Elise.” He said. She kissed the top of his head. “Just be careful, Harry. We’re all here for you.” She whispered, letting him go.

“Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter can leave at the sound of the cannon, followed by Mr. Krum, then by Miss Delacour.” Dumbledore said. Filch fired the cannon, and Cedric and Harry were off, waving to the crowds. A couple minutes later, Viktor left, and Fleur left last.

Elise held on tightly to Fred. “This is it.” She whispered. He kissed her on top of her head. “Now all we do is wait for them to come out.”

*~*~*~*

An ear piercing scream filled the whole place. Red jets shot up, and Dumbledore looked to an auror. “You know what to do.” He said sharply. Elise caught her breath. It was Fleur, no doubt. Both being of veela blood, they had ear drum shattering screams. Elise’s was stronger, because she was half and Fleur was a quarter, but they still sounded the same.

The auror nodded disapparated. He appeared, minutes later, back on the field carrying Fleur. Elise gasped, and ran to her. “What happened?” she asked. Fleur was sobbing. “The vines, the vines attacked me! I was nearly finished fighting them off when I was stunned!” she screamed. The crowd began chattering. They wrapped a blanket around her because she was shivering. “I ‘ave never seen such horrible things in my life.” She whispered.

An hour or so later, they heard a yell. It was clearly a male voice, and it sounded like Cedric. Another red bolt shot up in the air and the auror disapparated again. This time, he held a writhing Viktor. “He’s been put under the imperius curse, Dumbledore! We must get the other contestants out of there at once!” the auror yelled.

“It’s too late. They’re too deep in to hear us or see us.” Moody said.

*~*~*~*
“Who are you? What are you doing here?” Cedric asked. He was in a graveyard. Harry was writhing on the floor; he wanted to help, but there was a strange man carrying a wrinkled baby.

“Cedric! Get back to the cup!” Harry screamed. Cedric couldn’t; he couldn’t leave him there. He had promised to take care of Harry; Harry would die if he left him there.

“Kill the spare.”

Cedric’s life flashed before him. He saw Cho, the girl he loved, the girl he wanted to marry. He saw his mum and his dad, hugging him and kissing him before he went into the maze. He saw his best mates pushing him towards the cup to enter. He saw Elise, Fleur, and Viktor sitting around the lake with him, discussing school and classes. He saw Harry, warning him of the dragons.

“Avada Kedavra!” The rat-like man yelled. “NO!” Harry cried. A bolt of green light shot out at Cedric’s chest, and he was thrown back. As he flew in the air, Cedric Diggory breathed his last.

*~*~*~*
It seemed like hours, days even that a pop rang. People screamed and cheered as they saw Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter both on the ground, holding the Triwizard cup. Elise sighed happily; both were okay. They walked closer, but she caught her breath.

Harry was sobbing and screaming bloody murder at the same time. Viktor froze in his tracks while running to them. Fleur shook violently. “He’s….he’s dead!” she whispered. Both Elise and Fleur let out ear splitting screams. Dumbledore ran to Harry. “He asked me to take his body back; I couldn’t leave him, not there.” Harry cried.

Moody pulled Harry up, and dragged him off towards the castle, screaming. The crowds sat still. Hermione cried into Ron’s shoulder. Cho was on her knees, sobbing like none other. Fred and George were actually silent for once. Elise, Gabrielle, and Fleur held on to each other, their eyes wet with tears that glistened like diamonds.

“That’s my son! That’s my boy! MY BOY!” Amos Diggory screamed. Dumbledore held him as he screamed into the night sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
it killed me to write cedric dying. I love cedric! he's way better than edward cullen...twilight fans, don't kill me. please.