Status: Inactive.

A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter Eighteen

Beep... Beep... Beep... Beep...

Will someone please turn off that annoying machine?! What the hell is that?! My eyes slowly opened, and pain instantly shot through my forehead. Oww! What the hell happened? I looked around and figured out I was in some sort of hospital. Why was I here?

Then, the memories of what happened flashed through my mind. Oh...

Was I alright? Did I break anything?

“Kass! You’re awake!” a familiar voice yelled and suddenly I was pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

“Melle? Is that you?” I croaked. Was that really what I sounded like?

“I was so worried about you!” she cried, tears flowing down her cheeks, “I thought I was going to lose you forever.”

“What happened?” I asked.

“You were in a car accident,” Melle explained, loosening her grip on me a bit, “An idiot was driving through a red light and hit you. You were lucky though. It wasn’t much of an impact. You’ve got a little concussion and cuts everywhere.”

“I guess that’s good then,” I chuckled lightly.

“The girls and guys are here too,” Melle told me, “I was allowed in first, since I told them I was family.”

“You lied?” I smiled.

“Well, I’ve known you the longest, so I get dibs,” Melle grinned widely, “I don’t care how many times Brian fucked you, I come first.”

“Damn straight,” I laughed. I was feeling better already.

Then, the door opened and everyone filled in. And I mean everyone. Matt, Lya, Jam, Jimmy, Johnny, Aj, Zacky, and Brian. The room suddenly felt very crowded, but I couldn’t be happier. Everyone gave me hugs and telling me comforting things. Brian was left till last.

When I looked to Brian, my heart fluttered. Did my heart really just flutter? And again, everything seemed to be in slow motion. Our eyes met and nothing seemed to matter anymore. The world around me dissolved and all I could see was Brian. I wasn’t entirely sure what was happening to me, but it felt amazing. Brian ran over to me and pulled my lips to his in a heart-stopping, mind-boggling, kiss. He had never kissed me like this. It was so full of passion, concern... love?

“I thought I had lost you,” he whispered into my ear after he gave me that wonderful kiss.

“Get a room you two!” I heard Johnny yell.

“We’re in a room,” I retorted.

“Yeah, well, save it for later then,” Johnny said. I just rolled my eyes at him. As if I have the energy to do that sort of thing right now.

A little while later, the doctor came in and said it was alright for me to go. He prescribed me some pain killers and told me to take it easy. It was Brian who drove me home, holding my hand the entire way. What had brought all this on? I would definitely have to pluck up the courage and talk to him about us as soon as we got to my place.

Brian pulled up in the driveway, and as soon as he put it into park, he rushed out of the car and ran to my door before I could open it myself. He was being such a gentleman, that it kind of scared me. I stepped out of the car and gave him an odd look. “I’m not broken or anything,” I told him.

“Yeah I know,” Brian grinned and closed the door behind me. Soon, we were both sitting on the couch, and I suddenly felt very nervous. I began to fidget with my fingers, playing with my nails. Brian noticed this and grabbed my hands and put them in his.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, his voice full of concern.

“We need to talk.” There I said it. It felt like the whole world had been lifted off of my shoulders. I could breathe. Brian stiffened slightly beside me, not expecting those words to come out of my mouth.

“I guess we do,” Brian agreed softly. Why was I so scared to talk to Brian about my feelings? Then again, what exactly were my feelings towards Brian?

“So...Um... where do we go from here?” I asked. It was the first thing to come to my head, and it sounded completely stupid. I must look like an idiot.

“Well, I was just thinking yesterday about asking you the same thing,” Brian confessed. I knew he wasn’t finished, so I didn’t interrupt him. “Um... I guess, would you like to be my girlfriend?”

I felt like I was in high school again. Butterflies formed in my stomach and my heart was doing somersaults. I wanted to jump up and down with excitement and joy, but I kept myself firmly on the couch. “I would like that very much,” I answered after my internal struggle to keep my emotions in check.

Brian said no more, since his lips were now attached to my own. Oh boy...

I was falling in love with Brian Elwin Haner Jr. And there was nothing I could do about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so she survived :D and she didn't lose her memory or what not...
so, any ideas anyone? anyone at all? *looks around* I've got the next few written down, but i'm running out of ideas.

comment please :)

xx