Status: Inactive.

A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter Twenty-Two

I give up.

It was the end of the week (Friday) and I was in my room getting ready to go to work. There wasn’t any theme for tonight, just a normal night of drinks, dancing, and one night stands. Melle was coming with me to keep me company for the quiet part of the night. It was one of the best part of the nights since I didn’t get the drunkards until much, much later on. But it was also the most boring part of the night since there wasn’t much to do, which was why Melle was coming to keep me entertained.

Once I was finished getting ready, I left my room and headed towards the lounge room where Melle was waiting for me. She was sitting on the couch, her hands in her lap, fiddling with her fingers. Why was she doing that? She only did that when she was nervous.

I sat down beside her. “Ready to go?”

“Yep,” she answered simply, not looking at me. She stared at the empty space in front of her as if her mind was somewhere else.

“Melle, what’s going on?” I asked straight out. No point in trying to bring her into it easily. All of a sudden she burst into tears. Holy crap! Something was definitely wrong if she was crying! Melle never cries! And I mean never!

“Melle! What’s wrong?” I instantly wrapped my arms around her, trying my best to soothe her tears.

“I think I might be pregnant,” she sobbed into my shirt. Uh oh...

“And Zacky’s the father?” I asked. Well, I had to be sure!

“Of course he is,” Melle bubbled.

“Well do you know for sure that you are? Have you taken a test?” I interrogated her.

“Um... No?” Melle squeaked.

“Well come on then! We’re going to the store!” I stood up, bringing her stumbling up with me.

“But you have to go to work!” Melle protested.

“I’ll ring Alex and tell him I’m going to be late,” I waved her worries off and pulled out my phone. I made a quick call to Alex and told him I was going to be later because of “personal reasons”. Then we were off to grab a pregnancy test from the store.

We looked like complete idiots running into the pharmacy part with our clubbing outfits on and heels. Then grabbing pregnancy tests into our little basket. After we paid for them, we ran back out of the store and headed back to my house.

Soon Melle and I were sitting around the coffee table in the lounge room, staring at this little stick that held Melle’s future. It was the longest 5 minutes of both of our lives. If I was panicking, I hated to think what was going through her head.

“Are you going to tell Zacky if it’s positive?” I asked her as the five minutes dragged on.

“I don’t know,” Melle shrugged.

“What do you mean you don’t know? He has a right to know if he’s the father!” I protested. But then again, would I tell Brian? I guess I could see what she meant about her ‘I don’t know’.

“Hey, it might not even be positive, so let’s worry about that when the time comes,” Melle snapped a bit. I decided to stop interrogating her and let her be. I didn’t want to trigger a cat fight.

Then, the five minutes was up. Melle picked up the demon stick and I scooted closer to her to see the result.

-

“Phew!!” Melle exclaimed with the uttermost relief. I felt my whole body relax and I could breathe easily again. “Well, now I don’t have to tell Zacky.” Wait, what?

“What?” I asked incredulously.

“Well, it was negative, so there’s no point in telling him when there’s nothing to really tell him,” Melle continued.

“Melle, but what would have happened if it was positive? You have to tell him, even if it was negative. That could have been his child you might have been carrying. You have to tell him, so that he can take extra care next time,” I rambled.

“Yeah, yeah,” Melle waved me off. I didn’t think I got through to her, but I think Zacky would have the right to know. Well it’s not my place to say what she does in her life. I don’t know if she’ll tell him or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Phew huh?

More comments please! :D

xx