Peter Pan and Wendy Turned out Fine, Sure. But What About Lilli?!

.oo8.Tales of Maturing

I woke up, flustered by what I saw. Many a dream I would dream I was back in Neverland, but here I was. I stood, climbing out of my bed and walking around the large area that use to be crowded with boys. A smile graced my face at the thought of being home.

A noise caused me to snap out of my thoughts and turn my head just in time to see Peter come out of his room.

Our eyes met in a moment of pure silence, before both of us turned away awkwardly. How were we going to get over that stupid argument from the day before?

"I suppose I'm just going to go find Tiger Lily..." I mumbled, turning toward one of the many exits.

Just as I was about to step out the so-called door, Peter spoke.

"Be careful, okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

He shook his head. "No, I mean it... Two years or not; I know you, Lilli Dawson. Please stay out of trouble."

"Okay, Peter."

I looked back to see him smiling before I slipped out of the tree and began my venture toward the indian village...

Tiger Lily was nowhere to be found, though. So I ended up back at my second home, with the mermaids.

"Jump in!" Kyrie taunted as I walked up to the shore.

I shook my head before taking my clothes off, just as I had done the day before. Though, this time, I came a little more prepared. A few things had come with me from America... But only things I really liked. One thing, though, was a swimsuit.

Analiegh swam up beside Kyrie and I as soon as my head was above water. "Flashy undergarments you have there."

"They aren't undergarments..." I laughed. "It's a swimsuit."

Both mergirls looked at me as if I were an alien.

"I brought it with me from America."

Kyrie pulled on the strap of my purple and orange bakini in interest. "Hm..."

I swatted her hand away quickly. "Don't do that, I don't want it to come undone."

"Tell us of America, then." She giggled.

I swam on my back, enjoying the water.

Amarila popped up beside me. "Yes, why don't you tell us of this Lee?"

For a moment, I almost asked them how they knew about that... But then, I remembered that mermaids pretty much know everything.

"What about him?" I asked casually.

More mermaids swam up to listen as Analiegh giddily came up beside me. "How was that kiss?"

I sunk into the water, looking around at all of them.

"Did you like it?" Kyrie asked, obviously excited to hear my answer.

My head turned from side to side as I made sure no one was ashore and listening to our private discussion. "Yes."

"How did it happen?" A random mermaid asked, sighing dreamily.

I pulled myself onto land before sitting so I was facing all of them. "Well, it was Valentine's Day, you see, a-"

Analiegh splashed her tail to get my attention. "What's that?"

"It's a holiday, where you choose someone you love or like to be your valentine... And usually people give presents or chocolate." I explained. "But, you see, we were at the park and... Well, he asked me to be his valentine..."

Kyrie sighed, swimming closer toward me. "What did you say?"

"I told him I had never had a valentine before..." I smiled. "And he said that he hadn't either, but he would be honored if I were his first... So I said yes."

Amarila placed her hand atop mine as I sighed. "And after a moment of silence... He simply leaned in slowly, and placed his lips on mine."

A collective sigh went barely noticed as I watched the sky.

"His lips were soft." I remembered, picturing his face in my mind. "And when he pulled away, I recall licking my lips to taste something sweet..."

"Awww." Analiegh sighed.

"That's so beautiful." Kyrie commented, floating around in a daze.

I looked down, suddenly not in a mood to smile anymore. "Yeah, I suppose."

"What is wrong, my dear?" Amarila asked, noticing my troubled gaze.

"Lee was nice, and I liked him and all, but," I looked her in the eyes. "Ever since I've began to mature, I realized I love someone else."
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS, of course! :)))