‹ Prequel: A Twisted Love
Sequel: Heedless Hearts
Status: Active, might be slow active. I don't know yet.

When It All Fell Apart

The last.

“Colton,” A soft voice whispered. “Wake up.” My eyelids fluttered open slowly, as if they were weighed down by lead. Groaning, I swiped the back of my hand across my crusty eyelids and sat up. Cameron stood in front of me, grinning bemusedly.

“Good morning,” I croaked. My voice was hoarse from misuse. Cameron laughed and crawled onto the bed so that he was hovering directly above me, his face inches away.

“You’ve been asleep for twelve hours,” he informed me, his hot breath wafting over my face. My eyebrows lifted slightly, but I said nothing.

“You’re such a bum,” Cameron remarked, a teasing smile playing at his lips.

“Well, you’re an ass for waking me up so early.”

Cameron snorted, his pretty blue eyes rolling. “It’s one o’clock in the afternoon.”

I bit my lip, my face flushing the slightest of pinks. “Fine, you’ve got me there. Where’s Mom?”

“Out with her boyfriend. Why?” Cameron asked curiously, tilting his head to the side in question. I grinned cheekily and leaned up towards up him.

“Because I wanted to know if I could do this,” I said breathily, before gingerly letting my lips touch his. I let myself linger there for a moment, eventually winding my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. Cameron’s tense muscles gradually loosened in my grasp. He melted into my body, putting his all into the kiss. My lips moved carefully against his – massaging and gentle, but not prying.

Moments later, I felt a hand at the hem of my t-shirt, lifting it just slightly. I smirked and began to pull it off. Just then, I thought I might’ve heard the soft rap of knuckles on the bedroom door. I was going to pull away and alert Cameron, but before I could, the door opened. A short boy took two steps into the room before spotting us on the bed. Cameron jumped off of me, but the boy didn’t take a look at his face.

His eyes only grew wide and he quickly spun around and high-tailed it out of the room. I swore under my breath and tugged my shirt back down. Cameron got off the bed and ran out of the room, probably going to search for the guy. I sat up and adjusted the bed sheets just as Cameron rushed back in, holding onto the same guy’s arm. He closed the door and all three of us fell into an awkward, tense silence. The boy shuffled his feet and stared intently at his shoes.

“S-so...” I trailed off, clearing my throat. “Who are you?” I tried again, this time sounding surer of myself.

“I… I’m Jared. Your mom’s boyfriend’s son?” He spoke in a timid voice, his eyes cast to the floor.

“Oh,” I squeaked, my throat suddenly dry.

“Uh… about what you saw,” Cameron started. I sucked in a sharp breath and fiddled anxiously with my thumbs. The boy, Jared, glanced up at us again. For a split second, confusion overcame his features, and then a moment later he was glancing frantically back and forth between the two of us.

“Whoa – what the fuck? Are you guys twi—" Jared had only begun to voice his question when I cut him off with a curt nod.

“Yeah, we are. And that’s why you need to keep your mouth shut about what you’ve seen,” I warned him, my eyes narrowing dangerously. The boy swallowed visibly and took two shaky steps backwards.

“Fuck, that’s nasty. You’re related, you know! That’s incest!” he said, looking thoroughly disgusted. Cameron sighed and brought a hand to his forehead.

“No shit, Sherlock. Look, just don’t say anything to anyone, all right?” I snapped. I know that this guy had a right to be freaked out, but I needed him to be quiet about this.

“Why were you doing that anyway? Were you gonna fuck each other or something?” Jared asked weakly. He was completely horrified.

Cameron laughed nervously, his cheeks coloring cherry red. “N-no! It was just – we were just... Experimenting,” he explained lamely. He never was very good at lying.

“How old are you, Jared?” I asked, swiftly changing the subject.
“F-fifteen,” he replied shakily, eyeing me as if I had some sort of contagious disease.

“Are you guys going to rape me or something?” Jared asked after a moment of silence. I couldn’t help but let a sort of hysterical laugh bubble in my throat. Apparently, this kid wasn’t too bright.

“No,” I finally said curtly, growing impatient. “Look, can you just forget all of this? I promise it won’t happen again. It was just a one-time thing,” I lied through clenched teeth. Jared bit his lip, looking intimidated by my harsh gaze upon him.

“F-fine, just stay away from me!” Jared said desperately. Cameron sighed in relief and went to usher him out of the room as he ran over to the door to be let out. I didn’t completely trust Jared, but I knew that right now he was too frightened to try and tell anyone what he’d seen.

Cameron walked back over to me after locking the bedroom door, his muscles tense and his mouth stretched into a taut frown. I scowled in return and put my hands comfortingly on his shoulders. I begin massaging him gently, hoping to soothe him.

“We’re safe for now,” I whispered quietly. Cameron shook his head slowly.

“What if he does say something?” he asked me in a small voice. I placed a quick kiss on the side of his neck, letting my hands slip under his shirt and rub the bare skin of his angular shoulder blades.

“Stop thinking of ‘what if’! Right now everything is okay, and we have to make the most of it.” With this said I spun Cameron around and kissed him full on the lips. This time, with the door locked, we had nothing to worry about.

I vaguely heard Cameron’s mumble of “Okay” against my lips as I pulled him into my arms again. Of course, I had no way of knowing if everything would be fine. But right now, with Cameron pressed up against me, the only thing I can think about is how much I love him. It’s enough to make me forget about everything else and focus solely on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter of this story. It was not supposed to end at this chapter, but I'm just... done. I’ve grown up some since I’ve posted the previous chapter of this story back in December. My grammar has improved a little and so has my common sense. With this in mind, I am no longer the same author that I was when I begun writing this story. I read it now and think, this is complete shit. And I know I can do better. I’m sorry for letting any of you down. I may start a new story, with the same characters, but I’d write it differently. I don’t know. I might even completely rewrite “A Twisted Love” too. I'm sorry.

Oh, and I apologize for any grammar errors. I haven't looked this over very well.