When I Look At You

Secrets Don't Make Friends

“That was probably,” kiss, “the best,” kiss, “wedding,” kiss, “I have ever been a part of.” Faith said giggling as she and Nick rode in the back of the limousine.

“I’m glad.” Nick said with a laugh.

“Your family is great.” She said, resting her head against his chest and heaving a slight sigh.

“Yeah so is yours. That Aunt Totsie,” he said.

“Gotta love that woman.”

"Oh boy.”

“How many times did she hug you?”

“Four.” He said with a groan as Faith laughed. “I’m going to smell like her for a couple months.”

“Mm, a year at most. I have about two months worth of Totsie smell on me so once those two months are up be prepared to sleep in separate rooms mister.”

“You’ve got to be kidding.” He said, his mouth gaping open.

“Just a little.” She said, holding her forefinger and thumb less than an inch apart.

Nick leaned down and captured her lips in his. Her hand reached out to his face, softly caressing his cheek. His arm wrapped around her back, slowly slipping down to her waist. Faith pulled away, her hands moving to Nick’s chest.

“This dress is extremely uncomfortable.” She said, sitting up and adjusting the white gown.

“Let me take care of that for you,” he said with a grin, wagging his eyebrows.

“Nick!” she exclaimed, laughter bubbling forth from her lips as his hands roamed her body. “Wait until we get to wherever you’re taking me. You know I hate secrets.”

“I know.”

“Secrets don’t make friends.”

“I know that too.”

“Therefore, by keeping the honeymoon destination a secret from me I’m neither your friend nor wife.”

“Oh… harsh.” He said, sucking a breath of air in between his teeth. She rolled her eyes and smacked his chest, slumping into the seat and crossing her arms. Nick sighed and leaned over, placing his lips on her neck, his fingers tangling together with hers.

Suddenly the car stopped and Faith sat up, pushing Nick away. She turned to look out the window. The glass was so dark she couldn’t see much, just a few other cars.

“Where are we? Why’d we stop?” she asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.

“Just a quick stop to change our clothes. You don’t want to go on the plane in your wedding dress do you?” Nick asked, stepping out of the car door the driver held open.

“I’d like to be a tad more comfortable thank you.”

“Well come on then,” he said, holding a hand out for her to take. Smiling, she placed her hand in his and stepped out of the limo coming face to face with a large house.

“Whose house is this?” Faith asked, gaping up at the house. Nick stood behind her, wrapping both arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder.

“It’s ours.” He whispered. She turned around, mouth open, and hair flying.

“You’re shitting me right now.” she said.

“I am most definitely not shitting you.” he said laughing. “Remember that day last week when I told you that Joe and Kevin and I were going to a baseball game?”

“Yeah you were gone all day.”

“We were here, hashing out details with the real estate agent.”

“Oh my God.” She said, turning to the house again. “You bought a house.”

“I bought a house.” He said with a laugh. “Want to see the inside.”

“Are you insane? Of course I do!”

“Okay but just be warned it’s not furnished at all. My family… our family is going to do that for us while we’re on our honeymoon.”

“I don’t care. We have a house!” she cried, running ahead up the stone path to the front door. Nick jogged behind her pulling a key out of his breast pocket. Unlocking the door he blocked the entry to Faith. “Why are you torturing me?”

“I’m going to carry you across the threshold.” He said as if it were obvious.

“Nick that’s so cliché.”

“Hey, be nice. I bought you a house.”

“Oh right.” She said, relaxing her shoulders. “Fine.”

Nick smiled and placed on arm on his wife’s back and the other behind her knees. He swept her up into his arms and pushed the door open with his foot, dramatically stepping across the threshold into their entryway. The white walls softly glowed in the setting sunlight as the newlywed couple looked around. Nick set Faith on her feet and she took a few steps inside.

“This is huge.” She breathed out. “We don’t need a house this huge for just the two of us.”

“Are you saying you don’t want kids?” Nick asked with fake shock.

“What? No of course I want kids. It’s just… we just got married. I would have been happy with a small house… or an apartment… a cardboard box would have sufficed.” She joked. “Nick.”

“Yeah?” he asked as she stepped closer to him, wrapping her hands around his neck.

“I love it.” She whispered, her eyes darting back and forth from his eyes to his lips.

“I love you. Mrs. Jonas.” He said smirking, touching his nose to hers.

“Why Mr. Jonas, you’re making me blush.” She said in a fake southern accent. Touching her hand to his cheek their heads tipped and lips met, moving slowly against the others. Pulling away, Nick took Faith’s hand in his and turned to the stairs. “Nick!”

“What? Our change of clothes are upstairs.” He said rolling his eyes at her.

“Oh.” Nick opened a door at the end of the long hallway showing a very large room.

“This is the master bedroom. And this is your luggage for our trip.” Nick said, indicating two suitcases. Faith made her way over to open them but Nick’s fingers wrapped around her small wrist, pulling her back. She turned and gave him a confused look.

“Nick, I need my clothes.”

“Your plane clothes are in that bag along with mine.” He said, pointing to a smaller bag. Faith walked over and pulled out some very casual clothes. “Nice and comfy.”

“Nick?” Faith asked in a flirty voice.

“Yes?”

“Where are we going?” she asked, flinging her hands in the air with an exasperated voice.

“I told you I am not going to tell you. You told me I could take care of the honeymoon details.”

“I know I did but I figured that once we were married you’d crack and tell me.” She pouted.

“Not a chance, babe.” He said laughing. “Hurry up and get dressed, we have to get to the airport.”

“Our flight doesn’t leave for three hours. Or at least that’s what you told me.”

“Hey, don’t question your husband. Trust is key.”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever.” She said, grabbing the bag of clothes and throwing Nick’s at him.

****

Half an hour later the limousine pulled up to the airport. Nick helped Faith out and they walked inside. Rounding a corner, Faith came face to face with her new family.

“Surprise!” they cried.

Faith looked around wide-eyed at her new parents, Kevin and Danielle, Frankie… Joe. She sucked in a deep breath and turned to Nick smiling. He laughed and pulled her into him.

“What’s everyone doing here?” she asked through her teeth.

“They wanted to say goodbye.” Nick said frowning. “I’m sorry did you not want them here?”

“No, no it’s fine. I’m just surprised is all.” She said, glancing over her shoulder towards Joe who was standing with his hands in his pockets, head down staring at his shoes, a foot or so behind the rest of the Jonas’.

“I understand. Come on,” he said excitedly, taking her hand and pulling her towards his parents. She put a smile on her face as her mother-in-law embraced her.

“Oh I just know you’re going to have a lot of fun!” Denise said, giving her newest daughter one last squeeze.

“I hope so. He won’t tell me where we’re going.” Faith said with a laugh.

“Don’t worry. You’ll be very happy.”

“You know?”

“We all know.” Kevin said, pulling his new little sister into him.

“Oh he’s so dead.” Faith said, turning to glare at Nick who was saying goodbye to Danielle.

“Love you too sweetheart.” Nick said.

“Have fun Faith!” Danielle said, giving her a squeeze.

“Thanks. I’ll get you something nice… I hope.”

“Aw sweetie you don’t have to do that.”

“Of course I do. You’re my sister now.”

“Haha, alright. Have a safe flight.” She said, releasing Faith who turned to Frankie.

“See ya little bro.” Faith said, giving her fifteen year old brother-in-law a hug.

“Adios big sis.”

Faith now had two people to say goodbye to. Her father-in-law and Joe. She looked out of the corner of her eye and saw Nick was saying goodbye to Joe. She sucked in a breath of relief and turned to Kevin Sr.

“Bye Dad!” she said, wrapping her arms around him. He gave her a kiss on the cheek and bid her a farewell. Her stomach dropped as she realized that now she had to say good-bye to Joe. She walked over to where he was talking to Nick, a nervous smile on her lips.

“Ready to go?” Nick asked, his arm sliding around her waist.

“I just have to say goodbye to Joe.” She said, glancing at him. His eyes met hers for a moment before clearing his throat and looking away.

“Alright, I’ll go check us in then.” Nick said, swooping down and placing a soft kiss on her cheek. Faith watched as he walked away before slowly turning to Joe.

“Hey,” he said softly.

“Hi.”

“So uh… have fun.” He said, awkwardly wrapping his arms around her. When his fingers touched her skin she felt goose bumps rise. His body felt warm to her. Her heart fluttered and her palms started to sweat.

“Thanks, Joe.” She said, pulling away.

“Don’t worry about the house. We’ll have it decorated for you when you get back.”

“Thanks.” She repeated stupidly.

“Faith! Come on, we’ll be boarding soon!” Nick called, waving her over. She waved to him and turned back to Joe.

“So, I guess I should…”

“Yeah. See ya, Faith.” Joe said, leaning down and giving her a kiss on the cheek. His lips tingled against her skin. She dipped her head down so he wouldn’t see her blush.

“Bye Joe.” She whispered, turning away walking quickly to Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay finally! First chapter for all of you. I don't know why but this was hard for me to write.

I know it seems kinda boring... until the end there ;) I hope you all like this. It will get more exciting I promise!

Thanks for reading and for 8 subscribers just from the summary! You guys rock :D

C/R/S

~Steph <3