Status: done! start working on the next sequel soon.

Our Next Move

Take Me to New Heights

Image

August 31, 2006
I am in total shock right now. But, before I tell you why, I have to tell you about the most amazing time I had in Germany with guess who? Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold.

It was incredible and even better than meeting Metallica and getting their autographs was seeing Matt and the boys sing with them on stage on 06-06-06. I almost cried because Metallica is one of Matt’s idols and to see him singing with them made my day.

Once we got back from Germany, I got my next 2 tattoos, I got a shooting star on my right hip and I got a quote from Edgar Allan Poe on my back. It says “All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” Matt loved them and even helped me pick out where I wanted them and held my hand through it.

To make my summer even better, on Matt’s 25th birthday, not only did I get him a Harley Davidson Men's FXRG® Midweight Leather Jacket, but Matt and the boys got a nomination for Best New Artist Video from MTV for the Video Music Awards for “Bat Country”.

I really did cry when we got the news, I just could not stop crying and I swear Matt almost cried too.

This news was incredible and I can only pray and hope that they win.
Avenged Sevenfold released “Seize the Day” as a single on July 7, 2006, on Brian’s 25th birthday.

The fans love it so far. Since Matt’s birthday we have been trying to think about the upcoming tour but we aren’t sure what we are going to do now because the boys really want to work on another album. They have decided to talk about it the day after the VMAs and make a decision soon.

We left for New York City on August 28 so we could get there early and we stayed with Gigi and Poppy because they said

“what is the point in you paying for a hotel when we have room right here?”

So, tonight is the night and I can hardly wait to see all the videos and the other nominees. I have already picked out a dress, a short pink dress and black shoes. Matt has decided to wear a t-shirt and jeans. Now all that there is left to do is wait on the limo to come at 4 and we will be good.

Once I called Leana to make sure the dogs were OK, we were off to the VMAs and were so excited. When we picked up Jimmy, he could barely sit down he was so excited. When we finally made it to Radio City Music Hall, I felt like as soon as the door to the limo opened I would fall out or make it so fast down the red carpet that no one would see me.

Thankfully, once the door of the limo opened, Matt grabbed my hand and led us out of the limo and into the blinding flashes of the cameras.

Thankfully, I was sort of used to them, since I grew up in Los Angeles and my father is well known there. But, fortunately, we made it through and Matt and the boys only got interviewed a couple of times and each time they were asked who I was, it was so sweet.

Matt said that I was his

“sexy wife”,

Jimmy and Brian both said I was

“their little sister”,

Zacky said,

“she is the one who can not only hang with us, but helps keep us straight”

and Johnny said I was

“one cool bitch who doesn’t take no for an answer”.

Those words were amazing and even though Johnny called me a bitch, I knew he meant it in the nicest way possible.
Before I knew it, it was time to go inside and take our seats.

I quickly found out that Jack Black was the host, which kind of surprised me but I went with it because he was hilarious in “School of Rock” and “Shallow Hal”.

It was amazing to see Christina Aguilera perform, "Hurt" and then see Pink win for “Best Pop Video” for "Stupid Girls" and then it was time for “Best New Artist”. As they called out the nominees, I could feel time slow down.

“Avenged Sevenfold, Bat Country”

“Angels & Airwaves, The Adventure”

“James Blunt, You’re Beautiful”, aw, one of my favourite songs of this year besides A7Xs’ songs

“Chris Brown ft. Juelz Santana, Run It!”

“Panic! At the Disco, I Write Sins Not Tragedies”

And

“Rihanna, S.O.S.”

It seemed to last an eternity before the announcer called out, and even then it seemed to take forever for her to get these words out of her mouth,

“And the winner for Best New Artist is…Avenged Sevenfold, Bat Country!”

I was frozen in my seat before all the boys jumped out of their seats and hugged me and then Matt planted a huge passionate kiss on my lips before walking up to the stage.

All I could hear were bits and pieces of the speech because I was crying so hard but I did hear my name mentioned a couple of times. Once they were finished they came back to their seats and once again gave me a hug.

We enjoyed the rest of the evening and Matt and I especially enjoyed the Shakira and Wycleaf John song “Hips Don’t Lie” because that is a new favourite of ours.

We got back to Gigi and Poppy’s around midnight and surprisingly they were still awake.

The first thing Gigi said to us was,

“Congratulations Matt! I am so proud of you.”

Then she gave him a big hug and kiss on the cheek. Poppy said he was proud too and then they left to go to their room. We stayed downstairs for a bit before Matt said,

“You wanna go upstairs and have a celebration of our own?”

“Sure thing winner,”

I said.

And with that, we were running up the stairs, locking the door to our room and making love for about 3 hours, but remembered to be quiet because of Gigi and Poppy.