Status: Complete

I'm Just a Good Girl Gone Bad

The Forest Part IV

“Okay I’m ready to get out of here…” Bree sighed grabbing her bags; I took one of them as she stepped closer to the window. I leaped out first, without even taking the tree. Bree looked down at me through the window and she repeated me. I was glad that Bree didn’t hurt herself in the process either, we can’t afford for her to make any noise or interruptions. As soon as we jumped the fence together, we bolted out of there in a straight sprint. I knew Bree was scared of getting caught at the last minute; she just didn’t want to admit it. She would breathe heavy and sometimes constantly look back as she ran. I didn’t want to get caught either, but I wasn’t scared.

"We're not going to get caught. If we do, they will have no idea who we are." I confessed looking back myself, just to make sure no one was in sight or following us. It could be a local or even a vampire; I had to take everything possible seriously. Bree wasn't prepared at all to fight a vampire; we need to start her on training right away. I know Bree can fight; she just has no idea what vampires are capable of.

"I'm not scared!" Bree yelled as she looked over at me, while still running as fast as she could. I just looked straight ahead and smirked at her, laughing. I loved when Bree got defensive and all upset when she was vulnerable, she just didn't trust herself fully. She was good at faking it, but I could see through her wall. She is my soul mate.

"Okay we're getting close," I reminded Bree as I kept running. I looked behind me and Bree stopped running. I didn't get why, but I stopped too. I looked around and listened, then my eyes landed back on Bree.

[Bree's POV]

I stood there smelling something weird, it was a familiar smell. But it was different and I've never actually smelled it before. Whatever it was it was near me, I spelled it pretty well, it was strong. I looked at Jacob in front of me; I was embarrassed to tell him what I smelled. I didn't know it was serious or not. It smelled like blood or something like that, it was gross. I looked around me and behind me, I was scared. I stepped closer to Jacob. He had no idea.

"Jacob I smell something... Something d-dead!" I whispered to him as I was so close to holding onto him. I moved close enough to be protected by him; I didn't know what to do. I looked up at Jacob's face and he looked around frantically too. He flared his nose and breathed in deeply, trying to smell what I was talking about. His eyes widened as he realized what the smell was.

"Vampire," Jacob said almost wordlessly. He whispered so quietly that I freaked out. Where was the vampire, what does it do? I'm not ready to face a vampire, unless it's a Cullen. But this blood spelled human, nothing of an animal. I didn't know there were other vampires here. I thought they fed on animals, not humans.

"Where Jacob. What do we do?" I asked still being as quiet as I could let my voice go. I was afraid of every crack my voice made and every breath I took. I've never been more afraid in my life, the other times I was in control and this time I wasn't at all. The vampire killed someone, could be someone Jacob or I knew. I just hope it isn't.

"Put down your things... We have to change now. I don't care what you say or think. It's safer for us to be wolfs right now." Jacob demanded putting my backpack down on the ground. I listened to him and I put my bags down too. I was scared of changing in front of Jacob, but he said nothing mattered right now.

Jacob changed first and then I changed right after him. We both stood next to each other in wolf form. I looked over at him, he would tell me what to do. I'm not alone and on my own this time. Jacob started to move forward a little bit, I watched him as he was hesitant. I didn't know if I was supposed to wait behind him or go with him. So I stayed closely behind him as he moved forward.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #26: The vampire is no one special or from the books.