Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 44

April brought change. I turned fourteen, Alec turned 26 and Gerard turned 43. James was still being cold, but relented enough on my birthday to give me a card. Another thing April brought was a group of exchange students. I was sitting in homeroom doodling on my homework notebook. Alec finished reading the bulletin and cleared his throat.

“Okay guys, I’ve got some exciting news. We have an exchange student coming into our class. She’s part of the group that came over from England. Be nice, make her feel welcome, and for god’s sake tone down the brit jokes.”

He walked to the door an opened it slightly, speaking to someone outside. Then he stood back and the girl walked in. I paused my doodling to glance at her, then, about to go back to my doodling, did a double-take and dropped my pen in surprise.

“Everyone, this is Cariad.”

I stared at her. She smiled self-consciously.

“Hi, I’m Cari.”

She caught sight of my face and winked. Alec glanced around the classroom.

“Cari, there’s a spare seat next to... Alana. Why don’t you go sit there?”

I gritted my teeth. Not Alana! As Cari sat down, I heard Alana’s voice.

“Hi, I’m Alana,” she whispered, “I reckon we’re going to be real good friends.”

Not if I can help it, I thought. Surely Cari wouldn’t take a liking to Alana. Alana was a bitch of the worst kind!

Oh, yes, of course. Hmmm... you know James has been shunning Alana since she kissed him...

I shook my head. SHUT UP!

Whatever you say... you know it’s true...

He’s just embarrassed! And what do you mean, she kissed him? Are you taking his side? You know he kissed her!

Hey, I’m just your repressed thoughts that you don’t want to believe. Ignore me if you want... I won’t go away...


“Alec! Wake up, dozy!”

I blinked. Cari was standing in front of me. I jumped up and hugged her.

“Oh my god oh my god oh my god!”

“I know I know I know!”

Alana appeared at Cari’s side.

“Come on, Cari, it’s time for Maths.”

Cari smiled and waved at me as Alana led her out the door. I seethed quietly as I heard Alana’s lively chatter all the way down the hall.

“Ooh, burned!”

I turned around.

“Fuck off, James.”

He raised his hands.

“Hey, I’m just saying. You gotta get to Cari quick, or else Alana will convert her.

“Yeah, well you’d know all about that, wouldn’t you?”

As I picked up my books and walked out, I heard Lindsay say, “ooh, now who’s burned?”
♠ ♠ ♠
**Yes, I finally finished a chapter. YESH I WROTE CARI BACK INTO IT! But ho no! What gon' happen naow? Will Alana convert her? Will she have a bitch-fight with Alana? *le gasp* it's up to you. You know what to do. I need your suggestions.

On a different note, HOMIGOD!

There's a new girl in my class this year. Well, two actually, but one of them has become a good friend of mine. Her name is Sylvia. And yesterday, she said she could get me in touch with a colleague of her mum's, who is an author, and who in turn can get me in touch with a publisher!

*dances around happily* I'M SO EXCITED!!!

So I am now working really hard on my book, and Mibba will be taking a lesser priority for a while. I'll still be working on this story, but my main focus is on my book.

XD I'm so happy!

O_O I just had an idea. I believe I may post the first chapter of my book on Mibba to get your opinions. Keep your eyes peeled.

Oh! And also, I wrote another short story for English. This one is chapters 11 & 12 of If Your Heart Stops Beating, but from Alec's point of view. Go check it out here.

Oh, and before I forget, thanks to LearningLines, music is life, Bellkura, Critical_Lemon and mcrvicky for commenting. You five are about the only ones who actually comment, so thanks. You keep me going.

Bye!**