Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 63

I hooked my legs over the top bar of the jungle gym and swung upside down. James sighed, flicking my knee with his finger.

“Can’t believe they’re getting married.”

I raised an eyebrow at him.

“What you didn’t see it coming for miles? Jesus, the man was acting like a love-sick chicken.”

He laughed.

“Speak of the devil. Here he comes.”

I swung upright and immediately grabbed James’ arm to stop myself falling backwards off the jungle gym.

“Wooh, head rush.”

“Ha ha.”

“Shut up!”

Alec leaned on the bar beside me.

“Hello, kiddies. Having fun?”

“Why yes, we are. And yourself?”

“Quite.”

James put his head on one side.

“If I were you, Marshall Man, I would avoid Mrs Arbelle for a while.”

Alec looked at him cautiously.

“Why?”

“Because Little Miss here,” he prodded my shoulder, “let slip in English about your engagement. And, you know, you always were Mrs Arbelle’s favourite student.”

Alec sighed.

“Great,” he muttered.

“And,” added James, “she’s striding purposefully across the playground right now.”

Alec winced, then hitched a smile back onto his face. I wondered how many gushing congratulations he had endured today.

“Alec!”

“Dorothy!”

“I heard about your engagement, congratulations!”

“Thanks, Dorothy.”

She put an affectionate arm around his shoulders and steered him towards the staffroom. James grinned. I glared at him.

“And how many teachers have you told?” I asked him.

“Dunno,” he said, still grinning, still looking at Alec and Mrs Arbelle, “five. Possibly six. No, wait. About ten.”

I rolled my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Woop woop.

I'm sorry to say, I'm breaking a promise. You know how, right in the summary, it says this story is all going to be told from Alec's point of view? Well, that's only half true. The next chapter will be from the other Alec's point of view. I don't know where I'll go from there, I might just put it back to anyone randomly. And for future reference, when I'm stating point of view, it's Alec and Alecsandra. Just so you don't get confuzzled.

Thanks to Critical_Lemon and Bellkura for commenting. As always, comments are love.

I think I'm going to put the next chapter up straight away.**