Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 66

~*Lachlan’s Point of View*~

“Got you!”

Georgina giggled violently as I dropped her on the couch and started tickling her. She shook her head, pushing my hands away and trying to sit up.

“Do you want me to stop?” sometimes, when your sister doesn’t talk, it’s hard to tell if she’s serious or not.

She stood up, grinned, then shook her head and dived across the floor. I went sliding after her, and had just caught her when the front door opened.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I did knock. I heard voices, so I assumed you hadn’t heard me.”

I blinked up into the glaring light coming in behind the man. Standing up, I pulled Georgina to her feet.

“Melanie? Could you come here?”

“Just a minute!”

“Like now?”

The man stared at me.

“You’ve grown,” he said.

I blinked back at him. I’d seen photos of him, but he looked so different in real life.

“What is it, Lachie?”

Melanie and Alec walked in behind me. There was absolute silence for a split second, then a flurry of blonde as Melanie hurled herself at the man.

“Dad!”

“Mel! You’ve changed so much, darling.”

Georgina’s face split into a smile.

“Daddy!”

He hugged her too.

“Little Georgie! You’re so big!”

He let go of her and hugged me instead.

“Lachlan. I missed you, kiddo.”

Then he turned to Alec.

“You must be Prince Charming.”

Melanie blushed.

“Daaad.”

Alec grinned, shaking Dad’s hand.

“Alec Marshall.”

“Ben Anderson.”

Melanie grabbed Dad by the arm and lead him over to the couch.

“You didn’t tell me you were coming home.”

“I couldn’t miss my little girl’s wedding, could I? I have to give you away!”

Georgina jumped up onto his knee. He patted her head.

“How old are you now, kitten?”

She held up eight fingers.

“Eight?”

She nodded.

“Wow. When I left, you were just a baby. Speaking of which,” he looked at Melanie, “there’s been a new generation since I left. Any chance I could meet my grandson for the first time?”

“Oh, of course! Hang on, I’ll go get him.”

As Melanie left to get Carlton, Dad turned to me.

“Lachie,” he said, “you’re so grown up. Last time I saw you, you were barely five years old.”

I nodded.

“Are you staying for good, Dad?”

His smile faltered for an instant.

“I don’t know,” he said. “Maybe. That remains to be seen.”

I nodded. At that moment, Melanie returned with Carlton.

“Oh, look at you! Hi Carlton, I’m your grandpa.”

Carlton grinned as he was placed in Dad’s lap. Cute kid.

“Grandpa,” he giggled.

“That’s right! How old are you, mister?”

“Two.”

“Two? You’re so big! You’re practically a man already.”

He giggled again.

“No.”

I elbowed Georgina.

“Even Carlton talks more than you do,” I whispered.

She elbowed me back.

“Shut up!”

I grinned. Mission Accomplished.
♠ ♠ ♠
**'Nother chappy.

Everything hates me today. My spellchecker is still on the blink, although strangely only for the later parts of the story. Like, anything written since the day before yesterday. It still picks up earlier mistakes when I hit spellcheck. As in, it picks up things I told it to ignore.

*sigh* Thanks to Critical_Lemon for commenting. That's the other thing that hates me. When I got that little alert telling me I had comments, it said 191 comments. That was right. Now, it's telling me I have 190. Noooo, I have 191. It hasn't deleted any. I counted, I have 191 (No, I didn't count them ALL. I counted the ones on the last page and added them to 180). Mibba is going crazy. It was acting stupid the other day too. Whenever I tried to go to the next chapter in the story I was reading, it would tell me the author did not exist, and I would have to close all Mibba windows and open them again. ANNOYING MUCH?

*cries* and it's 10:45pm and I have to get up at six tomorrow so I can go to work.

I NEED HUGS!

(And comments! XD Hee hee!)

Ahem. Yes. Comments are love.**