Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 76

~*Alecsandra’s Point of View*~

“Promise you’ll write.”

“I promise.”

“Promise you’ll call.”

“I promise.”

“Promise you’ll be on MSN every day.”

“I promise.”

“Promise you’ll-”

“Shut up.”

He kissed me. I grinned.

“Now dry those tears,” he said.

I wiped my eyes and smiled.

“That’s better. Alec,” he kissed my forehead, “I will miss you so much. Be good, stay happy, and never let anyone tell you you’re not good enough.”

I nodded.

“I... I...”

I slid my hands inside his jacket and hugged him tightly, holding him close.

“Is there any chance you won’t leave?”

He was silent. I sighed.

“I’d better let you go,” I murmured.

He didn’t move.

“James?”

He turned his head slightly so his face was pressed into my hair.

“I want to remember what you smell like,” he whispered. “Like... like strawberries and oranges and grass and spring rain. I want to remember it.”

A few more tears escaped my eyes. Finally he let go.

“I’ve got something for you,” he said.

“James-”

“Shhh. Hold out your hand.”

I opened my palm obediently, and he dropped a small, gold something into it.

“It’s a charm for your bracelet.”

“A teardrop...”

He lifted my chin with his finger.

“Let it be the only one you see for the next three years.”

I nodded. He gently wiped away my tears with his thumb, then paused, still touching my cheek. He traced his fingers softly down the side of my face, then before I could blink he lifted me off my feet and kissed me.

“James.”

He put me down and turned to look at his father standing behind him.

“We have to go.”

He nodded, and before I could register that he’d kissed me again, he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Hello my lovely readers!

I'm so sorry I haven't updated this in ages. Several times I opened it up and tried to write more, but I just couldn't. And yet today... maybe it was the fact that I was so utterly bored at work on Tuesday that my brain worked out the plotline for the next thirty-five years. Or maybe it was the fact that I've just been reading a certain novel that I won't name as just thinking about the title causes me great embarrassment due to the fact that I for months have adamantly refused to read it and yet here I am owning a copy...

Anyways! The important thing is, I updated. I wrote the hard chapter, and now I can get on to more interesting storylines and literary devices.

Thanks to Bellkura, Critical_Lemon, Superhero. and TheGhost...ofME! for commenting oh so long ago.

(Good god, it's been over two months *guilty grimace*)

Toodles!**