Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 75

~*Alecsandra’s Point of View*~

After the gig, James came back to my place. As we sat silently in the darkness of the garden, he tilted his head back and stared at the stars.

“Look,” he said softly, taking my hand and pointing, “look at that star.”

I followed his gaze.

“It’s so bright,” I whispered.

“That’s me,” he said. “Whenever you see that star, think of me. If you ever feel lonely, or sad, or depressed, look at that star and think of me. Because I will always, always be thinking about you.”

I nodded, with tears in my eyes, and leaned back against him. He bent forward and kissed me, upside-down.

“I love you, Alecsandra,” he whispered. “I love you with all my heart.” He sighed. “I’d tell you I’ll wait for you, but it wouldn’t be fair to ask you to wait for me.”

“What?”

“I want you to be happy. I don’t want you to waste the next three years. I want you to find a boy who makes you as happy as you make me.”

“James, no.”

“You’re going to change, Alec. You’re not going to be happy with a guy who lives so far away. When you meet someone you like, I don’t want you to feel guilty because you’re still dating me.”

“I don’t want to date anyone else.”

“You will, Alec.”

I looked at him. Something he had said didn’t feel right. The way he addressed me… Then I realised. He was the one. I hadn’t seen it before, but all along he was what had been missing, the only one special enough.

“James.”

“Yes?”

“Please… call me Alecsandra.”
♠ ♠ ♠
**This is super-duper-upa- (XD) short because I have to race off to a party. I just wanted to do this scene.

Yes, there will be more of a goodbye for James. At the airport. If I don't put it up tonight (depends how late the BBQ goes) then it will hopefully be up tomorrow. But I do have a maths exam on Monday, so it might be later than that.

Thanks to Critical_Lemon, Superhero. and Bellkura for the comments.**