Status: Active, with slow updates.

Promises, Promises, Promises.

Trouble

That night Nick sat in my room he didn’t mind that I complained about Nate every other second, it was nice to have someone listen rather than talk. Nick was great that way, he was shy, so he only said whatever came to his mind and was important, he didn’t ramble, only if he was nervous, and only nodded, smiled and held onto me while I talked.

“Ella?” He asked, as if I weren’t there in his arms.

“Mhm..” I replied, playing with his fingers.

“What’ll happen to us when you move back to New York?” He said softly.

I frowned at the thought, going back ‘home’ almost made me want to cry. He shifted uncomfortably as I tensed at his words, but decided to relax again. “I don’t know..” I said just as soft.

“We’ll still be together, right?” He asked as I nodded, lacing my fingers with his.

He smiled into my hair, satisfied with my simple answer. “Promise?”

I didn’t hesitate to reply, “I promise.” I said, turning and kissing him on the cheek.

“JOE I WON THAT! STOP BEING A CHEATER!” Frankie yelled, filling the room with his screams.

“Shh, Frankie, Shh!” Kevin had hushed, covering Frankie’s mouth with his hand.

“But Joe’s suuuch a cheater!” Frankie moaned, his mouth covered, dropping the Guitar Hero guitar on the sofa and slumping on the floor.

Kevin gave Joe a stern look, sending internal messages that screamed ‘Just say you lost and everything will be OK’

“Okay Frankie, you win this time, but I’ll beat you on the next song!” Joe said, passing the guitar to Nick, who caught it just before it dropped on the carpet.

“Stop fighting, you all know I’m going to beat you all when I’m finished with this song..” Nick said, choosing a Beatles song before being interrupted by the doorbell.

“I’m not getting it.” “Not me.” “Nope.” “I got it last time!” The boys complained all in unison.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, “Fine, I’ll get it.”

Before Nick became too absorbed in his game, he dropped the guitar and trailed behind be as we both raced up the stairs from the Games Room to the foyer. I walked up to the door as Nick scanned through the mail.

The doorbell rang again, “Coming!” I yelled, walking to the door. I grabbed the handle and flung the door open.

“Ella,” He said with a relieved sigh, “I’ve found you!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I've been slack, I apologize. My heart isn't very into this anymore, sorry ):
But if you guys nag and nag, I might just update.

Add me as a friend
Subscribe to this story
&Comment it!