Status: Active, with slow updates.

Promises, Promises, Promises.

Everything better?

Nate didn't end up staying for dinner. He stormed out of the house and drove back to wherever he was staying. Good riddance. Nick, on the other hand, had other problems to solve, Mrs. Jonas came into the room minutes after, scolding Nick repeatedly and worrying about the blood stain that would take forever to get out of the carpet.

After a week's worth of grounding, which meant no going out whatsoever for 'fun' he was sent to his room to shower. Denise sent me up 10 minutes later with an icepack for his chin and a first-aid box.

"I've never seen you like that you know," I said, taking the betadine and putting some on his skin as he winced at the sting, "Never knew you could be so... violent." I whispered afterwards.

"I'm ever hardly like that, I mean, wouldn't you like to punch a guy like that?" He said as he lifted his chin so I could put a plaster on. Kevin Snr had gotten home from a meeting and Denise was so angry by then, she couldn't really stand to see Nick's face. Everyone knew someone was going to get a long, tiring lecture the next morning.

"I suppose," I mumbled, "It was a good punch."

He chuckled slightly, "Thanks." He said, taking the compliment, even though we both knew it was sort of a weird way to. "What do you think he came here for?" He asked afterwards.

"I don't know," I said truthfully, thinking about it for a couple of seconds before replying, "Maybe he wanted to one, piss you off..."

"Yeah no doubt about it."

I rolled my eyes, "Maybe he wanted to talk to me so you know, we could have some closure on this whole thing."

"Closure?" He said with a scoff, "He said that he still loves you, I could hardly call that closure. He probably wanted to steal you away from me and take you home."

"I don't want to go back home." I replied, sticking on the last plaster, which made it 2 small plasters and a big one for under his eye.

"I don't want you to go home." He admitted, lowering his head and fiddling with the sheets.

I smiled as he said that, "You know what?" I whispered.

"What? I don't know."

"I wanna kiss you right now, but I'm not sure if it'll hurt your.." I said, pointing at his scratched lip.

He laughed before leaning in, our lips touched and it felt perfect. Like nothing in the world could seem more right. As the kiss longed, it was quickly parted when Nick winced and covered his lips with his fingers, "Ouch." He said innocently.

I laughed before kissing the tip of his nose. That seemed to hurt too, seeing he closed his eyes in pain. I gasped, "Sorry," I said with a frown, "Did that hurt too?"

He nodded with a frown.

"I thought kisses were supposed to make everything better." I contemplated, saying it mostly to myself.

"Well if they are, I want one here," He said, pointing to his forehead, "And here," He said again pointing to his cheekbone, "And here, and here and here." He continues, pointing to his other cheek, jawbone and lastly his lips.

I agreed to play along with his game and kissed him all over his face, his bandages leaving a weird taste in my mouth. He pecked me in return and it sent us both in laughing fits. I was always the ticklish one, and he knew, and so a tickle fight broke out next, which left us in a sprawling mess on his bed.

“Kisses make everything better, especially when they’re from you.” He said, kissing my forehead as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Kisses from you are amazing,” I replied, kissing the tip of his nose again.

And we both fell asleep after that, holding onto each other, like there was nothing in the world that could’ve been better. I knew at that point, that a day could be horrible beyond belief, but a night with Mr. Nick Jonas on that same day would make everything seem so much better.
♠ ♠ ♠
I died for a couple of months and came back to life. That's my excuse. Hey, you there with the flamethrower, put that down and stop playing Call of Duty! (Psh, what do I know, I don't play that game :P) Seriously, if you want an update, check my 17th of Jan update on my profile. Comments are always appreciated (;

Add me as a friend
Subscribe to this story
&Comment it!