Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Welcome Home Envy!

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 016

Welcome Home Envy!

I had become semi-conscious after probably several hours of lying in this uncomfortable hospital bed. How did I know that I was in a hospital? I could hear the annoying beep of the heart monitor in the distance and I could smell chemicals and medicine. I also felt someone’s hands wrapped around mine, stroking the skin. It felt really nice and comforting, which is probably why I decided it was time to wake up.

My brown eyes slowly opened so that the bright lights above me didn’t hurt my eyes. I turned my head to the left to see the person beside me. Dad, I should have known. A small smile lit up my face while I squeezed his hand.

His head turned towards mine and relief flooded his face. “Envy, you’re finally awake.”

I didn’t trust my voice at this point, so I just nodded my head in response. My father pulled his chair closer and brushed a few strands of hair out of my face, letting his hand linger on my cheek.

“You had me so worried. I had no idea what the hell was going on, but you looked like you were so sick.”

“I feel fine now,” I croaked out before clearing my throat. “Well, better than before.”

Dad cracked a smile, bringing his hand back down and kissing the back of my hand. “Frank is out in the waiting room you know, he’s been here since we brought you here.”

“We?” I questioned.

“When I went to go answer the door after you had gone upstairs, it was Frank who rang the doorbell. He came to see how you were feeling and I told him that you had just gone upstairs. Then before I knew it I heard a thump and he came out carrying you.”

“He was the voice?” I asked.

“The voice?”

“Never mind,” I said, shaking my head, which ended up hurting a little bit.

My dad patted my head before he got up. I gave him a questioning glance to which he gave me a smile. “I’m going to tell Frankie that you’re awake and he can come see you now.”

“Okay,” I said, refraining from nodding my head.

I bit my lip as I waited for my friend to come through the door. I sat there quietly for a minute or two before I saw Frank’s head poke through the door.

When I gave him a smile he walked inside and sat down in the seat my father had previously occupied. “I’m really glad you’re okay. You had me and your father scared to death.”

“Sorry,” I said sheepishly, “But a girl like me can bounce back from anything.”

Frank laughed softly, sat up a little and gave me a soft hug. “Don’t ever do that to me again.”

It was my turn to laugh this time. “Yes, because I totally fell down the stairs on purpose Frankie.”

“There’s no need to be sarcastic,” the short boy said with a pout, “I carried your heavy ass to the car and into the hospital.”

“I’m just so heavy to you because you’re so small. Are you sure you didn’t drag me out?” I teased. He gave me a fake glare before we both burst out laughing.

“But really Frank, thank you. If you hadn’t caught me, who knows how many more injuries I could have had. Dad may not have heard what went on and I could have been laying there for hours. I owe you one.”

“There’s no need to thank me, it’s what friends do for each other,” he said, “And you don’t owe me anything.”

“Yeah, well I know one way I can repay you,” I quoted the boy sitting beside me. I sat up and did something that surprised the both of us.

I leaned over and kissed Frank Iero.

~~~~~

“You’re free to take your daughter home Mr. Moore. All her flu symptoms are gone and I believe the incident that brought her here was her body fighting off the last of the infection. Envy should be back to perfect health in a couple days.”

Dad smiled at the doctor and nodded his head. “Thank you,” he said before motioning me to follow him out of the doors. Shaking myself out of the thoughts I had been in, I gave him a ghost of a smile, following him through the doors.

Once we were in the car, I leaned my head against the headrest and closed my eyes. Dad turned on some music and left me alone, thinking I needed a little bit of rest.

Which was kind of true, but it was my mind that needed the rest.

It was yesterday that Frankie and I had shared that kiss. It was longer than the last one that had happened, mostly based on the fact that we were both too shocked to do anything. Once we did separate, Frank stuttered out some excuse and left with a blush on his face.

At the moment, I was very proud of myself for doing something so daring, but as of now, I was more embarrassed than he had been. I’d probably die the next time I saw him. It would be so awkward.

“Envy, we’re home.”

Snapping my eyes open, I smiled when I saw my house in front of me. Something I had missed while at my short stay to the hospital. I opened the car door, my father instantly by my side to make sure I didn’t fall over or anything.

“Home sweet home,” I whispered, opening the door.

“Welcome home Envy!”

My eyes widened when I saw my friends and some of their parents standing there with large smiles on their faces. Everyone but Frank. Colored confetti landed in my hair from the confetti poppers they had just set off and I grinned at them all, pushing the absent boy from my thoughts.

“It’s good to be home!”

Bert was the first one that came running up to me, tears in his eyes. “We missed you so much! First you don’t show up for school then we hear you’re in the hospital! Don’t you ever do that to me again or I will kill you.”

He buried his face into my neck and wrapped his arms around my torso. I was shocked, once again, for a second before I hugged him back. “I’ll try not to, okay?” I laughed.

The boy let go of me, gave me a smile then turned to the rest of the crowd. “Let’s party it up!”

The parents all said that they were glad that I was okay before leaving me to talk and hang out with my friends. Once we got a little too rowdy, we were sentenced up to my bedroom.

“This isn’t the way I imagined getting invited into your room,” Bert said, sighing sadly and finding a space on the floor for him to sit.

“You’re lucky to be in here at all,” I scoffed, seating myself at the head of my bed, resting against the pillows.

“Your room is pretty cool, I like the paint job,” Taylor announced as she sat to my left.

“It was my dad’s idea, surprisingly.”

“Your father thinks exactly like a teen sometimes,” Gerard voiced, sitting next to Roxy, who was leaning against one of the walls. I saw her blush before smiling at him.

So for hours we all talked, about nothing, school, and nonsense. Bob, the usually quiet one, told us a hilarious story that had all of us in tears by the end of the night. I was sad when Mrs. Way came up to say that it was time that everyone should head home.

I walked everyone to the door, giving them hugs as a goodbye.

“We’re going to the beach tomorrow after you all get out from school, so be ready, okay?” Ray said before he was about to head out the door.

“Woah, hey, what?” I asked, confused.

“We’re going to the beach,” he repeated, although this time he said it a little slower. I glared at him.

“I don’t get a say in it?”

“Not really, no.”

I sighed, shaking my head. “Fine, I’ll just go along with it. There’s no point in arguing. Bye Sugar Ray, see you tomorrow.”

With a bright smile, he waved goodbye and I closed the door behind him. I let out a breath and closed my eyes. Tomorrow was going to be crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
BIG Thank you's to:
superkitcat
Pixie Stick.
Eugene

They did what I asked, and I heart you guys! Unfortunately, I got three completely different opinions on what should happen, nothing else, so I just went with Frank. Which is always bueno!

_Comment_