Status: Finished

Fake Boyfriend

A Clockwork Orange

Somehow Jesse had weaseled his way into movie nights and had insisted that we hold the next one at his house. It was nice that I didn’t have to go far but I had to be in his house. Since it was at his place, he got to pick the movie. I was intrigued to what he was going to have us watch after seeing him come home earlier toting a Blockbuster bag. All three of us ladies sat on his couch (the only piece of furniture available) as he fiddled with the tv, bowls of popcorn and drinks handy. I was in the middle with Danica and Morgan on either side of me.

“Okay ladies, now it is time to experience the cinematic triumph that is A Clockwork Orange. Please sit back and revel in the excellence that is Malcolm McDowell,” he said. He paused and looked at the couch and then the floor.

“I’ll sit on the floor Jesse. You seriously need to buy more furniture,” Morgan said. He sat down next to me after she slid down to the floor. I immediately pulled my arm away from his body. I think he sensed my discomfort because he leaned over me, placing his entire upper body on me and snagged the remote from the side I shared with Danica.

“You know I could’ve handed that to you,” I said.

“I do but where’s the fun in that?” he said. He stuck a piece of popcorn in his mouth and smiled.

The movie was about halfway through when Danica had us pause it so she could go to the bathroom. Morgan was engrossed with talking to her boyfriend so that left Jesse and I to make conversation.

“I like your choice in movies,” I said to break the ice.

“I take it you’ve seen it before?”

“It’s been a while since I’ve watched it but yeah. I’ve always enjoyed watching it. I’ve been meaning to read the book for years now,” I said. His face seemed to light up when I finished my sentence.

“I could loan it to you. Just as long as you promise not to do the dishes or drink iced coffee near it. In fact, just make sure you don’t get it anywhere near any type of liquid if possible,” he said. Way to ruin a pleasant moment.

“Nice Jesse. Nice,” I said and threw a piece of popcorn at him.

Danica came back and we started the movie again. When it ended, I was in serious need of a bathroom break. Jesse pointed the way to the second floor bathroom after Morgan had taken over the one on the first. When I finished up and dried my hands, I found myself standing outside Jesse’s bedroom. The walls were now painted a medium blue with a white ceiling. From across the way I could see I left my light on in my bedroom. I wasn’t sure what compelled me, but I entered his room. I stood at the window at first, cursing myself for forgetting to turn it off. Then I became interested in just what he had in his room. I found comics which didn’t surprise me. Vinyl records were in boxes littered around his room with little alphabet tabs sticking up. I leafed through a few of them, finding some I knew and some I didn’t. I found myself staring at the window again and realized you could see every inch of my bedroom and the entire bathroom if the light was left on.

“Wondered where you disappeared to,” Jesse said from the doorway. He had his hands on the top of his door jam, leaning forward while gripping tightly to it.

“I was just looking across at my house. I left my light on,” I said.

“I’ve been meaning to buy a telescope,” he said. I sighed and tried to get by him. He wouldn’t budge.

“You mind?” I said, trying to push harder on his solid frame.

“Nope.”

“If you’re trying to keep me in your bedroom it ain’t going to happen.” He laughed.

“Pagan, I’m not trying to sleep with you. I’m just trying to annoy you. I find it fun,” he said. I gave one more hard push and finally was able to get into the hallway.

“Well I hope you’ve had enough fun for the night because I am now going home,” I said. I went to say goodbye to Danica and Morgan but they weren’t there. I checked my phone, which I had left downstairs, as I walked back to my house. I had a text from Morgan.

You were upstairs with Jesse when we left. I’m off to see Craig. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do with Jesse!

I rolled my eyes. She was crazy if she ever thought I was going to do anything with him. I reached my bedroom and started to get stuff ready for bed. I looked up at my window to make sure it was closed and I saw Jesse standing at his, arms crossed. I opened it up and he opened his.

“Hey did Danica and Morgan leave already?” he asked.

“Yeah they did. Morgan went to see Craig. And no Jesse you are not getting a free show tonight,” I said and shut my window. I looked over at him before closing my curtains and he had that stupid smile on his face again.