Snake Bite Heart With a Bubble Gum Smile

Chapter41

It is silent in Jack's car. His eyes, no longer hidden behind sunglasses, focus on the road in front of them. Both of his hands are placed on the steering wheel. He's being a responsible driver.

And letting silence have its way with the vehicle.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Just this place I know," he answers.

That didn't help me any. In fact, that gave me such a little amount of information it was a waste of breath and work on my ears' part.

The car stops; Jack puts it in park. He steps out of the car, walks to my side, and opens the door for me.

"Thank you," I say, stepping out.

There are trees, grass, more trees, some scattered flowers, trees, and a few bushes.

Did I mention trees?

"Where are we?" I ask.

"Close to where we need to be. Follow me," Jack takes my hand in his and leads me gently into the wooded area.

His hand is large compared to mine. Calluses rub against the back of my hand. My heart is beating fast. I have no idea where we're going but I trust Jack completely. I have no reason not to. It's not like he's planning on raping me in the woods.

Right?

Jack stops walking; I do the same.

"Close your eyes," Jack instructs.

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"Fine."

My hands cover my eyes. I can no longer see the world somewhere on the other side of my fingers.

"No peeking."

"I'm not peeking, Jack."

"How many fingers am I holding up?" he asks.

Is he serious?

"Twenty?" I ask.

"Peeker," Jack exclaims.

My laughs bubble from my throat. Jack's laugh graces my ear with its sweet sound.

"Well, I guess I'll have to cover your eyes myself," Jack states.

Fallen leaves crunch under Jack's feet. Warmth is placed on top of my hands. Jacks chest presses against my back.

"You have to trust me, okay?" his breath tickles my ear.

"I'm in the middle of the woods where no one can hear me and you're pressed against my back. If this isn't trust, I don’t know what is," I reply.

He chuckles; his chest rumbles against my back.

"Okay, start walking forward. I won't let anything hurt you," he says.

I smile.

I walk straight in front of me, in able to see the world. Jack's hands remain placed on top of mine. His chest pushes against my back, propelling me to our destination. My stomach acids churn. I want to know where we're headed.

"Stop," Jack commands.

My feet do as he says, enchanted by his voice.

"Ready?" he asks.

I nod. His hands leave from my eyes, taking my hands with them.

A plaid picnic blanket sits on the grassy ground, a straw basket and candle sit innocently on it. A small pond is next to it. The water shines brightly in the noon light. I bouquet of flowers lay on a rock on the edge of the pond.

"Is this where we're eating?" I ask, eyes glued to the sight.

"Yep. I set this up all by myself," Jack says proudly.

I look at him, eyes skeptical.

There's no way he had the attention to span to put any of this together.

"Maybe Alex helped me a little," he admits.

My brother helped him? I thought he wanted me to stay away from Jack. He clearly told me to stay away from Jack. Yet he helped Jack set up this picnic.

I'm so confused, but elated all the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks you to Schadenfreude., Akayytoremember, xXScreamToBeHeardXx, save your heart., deekayyx0, turnupthejonas, erinx3, SpondeeDactyl, xoNatasha5xo, v i v o l e t t e ., followmedown, Onsku, Mrs_Jessica_Midnight, Acadia.Is.Gone, jayanne, vegi falling out, and CypherToorima.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
I just started the Alex Gaskarth story and I'll post it once I finish posting this story.
You should give it a chance,
Even if you think Gaskarth is a man whore.
Enjoy?
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste