Snake Bite Heart With a Bubble Gum Smile

Chapter43

The television in the living room is on. I sit on the couch, eyes glued to it. There was a note for me when I arrived home telling me to watch MTV. Alex has an interview and he wants me to watch it. So now I await its start. He really should have left the time of the interview-showing on the note.

The front door opens. Footsteps make their way to living room.

It could be a robber. I should have locked the door.

"You're home?" Alex's voice asks.

My body rotates on the couch to face him.

"Yeah," I reply.

"Oh. I take it you went with Jack then."

"I did."

"Did you have fun?"

"Don't you have an interview to attend?"

"It's finished."

"And I'm sitting here watching the television because?"

"It's not a live interview. It'll play in a bit."

Oh, I knew that.

He sits on the couch beside me. I stare mindlessly at the television.

"Welcome back," the television shows a scene of a man and Alex. "We're here with Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low. How are you doing today, Alex?"

"I'm pretty good," Alex responds.

"That's good to hear. The big news on the street is that the missing posters of your sister have been taken down."

"That is correct."

"Is there a good or bad reason for that?"

"A spectacular reason. With the help of one of August's friends, we managed to get her back home. She's staying for good," Alex has a large smile on his face.

"So the rest of All Time Low has met her?"

Alex nods.

"What do they think of her?"

"Well, Rian and Zack have only been around her once so far but they think she's cool. Jack on the other hand has this monster crush on her and he won't leave her alone."

"Jack has a crush on your little sister?"

"Yeah. But they can't really do anything about it because August is only sixteen, almost seventeen. It'll be their decision on whether to wait till she turns eighteen or not date at all."

"So you're okay with them being together."

"I'm the older brother. I'm not okay with her dating anyone."

"Protective, I see."

"Very. Which reminds me: Jack, no participating in baby-making processes with August till she's forty," Alex says to the camera.

I look at my brother, sitting on the couch with a proud smile on his face.

"Forty, Alex? Really?" I ask.

"Yep," he replies.

"You're so dumb."

The television draws my attention back to it.

"Forty?" the interviewer laughs.

Alex nods.

"That poor child."

"Its not that I'm trying to make her life miserable. I just care about my sister. I don't want to loose her again and I don't want her to get hurt. She's been through enough. I was surprised when I saw her again; she's grown so much. She had to grow up and take care of herself too soon. And it's partially my fault."

"How so?"

"I was never around after she was five years old. I didn't even go to her sixth birthday. I knew I didn't have anything in common with her and I didn't want to corrupt her young mind. I just ignored her completely. She needed someone to be there for her. I should have been there. I should have stepped up as her older brother to help her. But I didn't."

That is true.

"She's back now though."

Yes, I am.

"And I plan on making sure she has everything she needs. I'll pamper her and protect her. She doesn't have to do every thing by herself. She can be a sixteen year old and enjoy her life."

Tears perk in my eyes. I don't hold them back. They stream down my face.

"At least you're trying to fix things," the interviewer faces the camera, "We'll be back after the commercials to talk more with Alex."

My eyes look at Alex next to me. The tear streaks down my face most likely make me look pathetic.

"Thank you," I say.

I hug him. He wraps his arms around my shoulders.

"Anything for you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to xXScreamToBeHeardXx, Acadia.Is.Gone, Funhouse;;, xScratchtheplans, jajamerci, Akayytoremember, vegi falling out, kathryncarlisle, followmedown, v i v o l e t t e ., Mrs_Jessica_Midnight, erinx3, RosaxMcrmy (commented four times lol), CypherToorima, and jayanne.
And any new subscribers (including RosaxMcrmy)
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste