RockStar

Track 02

More than an hour later and Dani found herself lazing by the poolside guzzling straight Bacardi Silver before a familiar but unwelcome face snuck up behind her. “Hey there!” the person said.

Dani scrunched up her brow at the sight of the lead singer who tried speaking with her earlier. “What do you want?”

“Well, it’s nice to see you again too!”

She scoffed. “I’m kinda busy here,” she grumbled in an irritated voice.

Completely disregarding her rudeness he continued, “I thought you said wouldn’t be here.”

“I’m only here because my friend thought this was a party for the other band. Which it clearly isn’t.”

“So do you drink like this at all the parties you go to?”

“Actually, boy, I graduated a few days ago and I haven’t drank like this since freshman year so back off.”

“Whoa whoa whoa. I was just making a joke.”

Dani took another swig of the liquor and squinted angrily at him. “Can I be honest with you?” she said after her drink.

“Sure.”

“Firstly, I forgot your name. Secondly, to tell you the truth, I think rock music sucks. I think it requires no real talent. And I hate the way the boys sound like girls.”

“Well then, my name is Ryan and what kind of music do you like?”

“Classical. Particularly Russian romantic pieces.”

“Like Tchaikovsky?”

Dani squinted again. “What the hell do you know about Tchaikovsky?”

“Pretty much everything. He was Russian, gay, died nine days after conducting his last symphony. He’s one of my favorite composers.”

“Hmph,” Dani growled, surprised by his knowledge of her absolute favorite composer.

“Actually, my favorite from him is Valse Sentimentale for cello. I heard a rendition for viola and it was nice but the cello is always slightly warmer.”

For the first time since they’d been speaking, a smile spread across her face. To her, intellect determined attractiveness. “I play the cello,” she giggled.

“You know, you’re even more beautiful when you smile,” he whispered. She tried to cover her grin with her shoulder. “So what other types of classical do you like, Enriqueta?”

“Call me ‘Dani’,” she smiled.

The next few hours passed like minutes as they talked and talked and talked about nothing but music.

“Okay, Handel or Bach?”

“Hmm,” he thought for a few seconds before answering. “I’m gonna go with Bach.”

“Are you serious? Handel is so much better!”

“Dude. No. Bach was such a beast.”

Dani chuckled. “Whatever! How about I pick Mozart because he owns the rest of those Baroque fools anyway.”

“Nah. I hate Mozart.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me! I played his entire Requiem and it’s a masterpiece.”

“Come on now, his pupil did like half of it because he decided to croak midway through.”

“Wow, I can’t even talk to you anymore,” she laughed.

Ryan felt an awkward silence coming so he started, “Where’s your friend anyway?”

“Probably getting laid.” She went head back again, gulping down the burning liquid.

He was thrown off guard by how open this girl had gotten. “Where do you live and how are you getting home?”

“Well, I live about twenty blocks from here and I was going to walk but it’s too late now and I’m totally drunk so I should probably take a cab.” She let out a loud laugh. “My alcohol is gone,” she frowned.

Ryan smiled. “I don’t want to seem forward but would you like to come to my room? I don’t want to take advantage of you or anything or make you feel pressured or even—”

“Yes,” Dani responded.

Surprised by her sudden and sure decision to accompany him to his room, Ryan stood up and held out his hand for Dani. She grabbed hold and followed him closely. In the elevator Dani spoke softly, “You know, you’re way smarted than I expected.”

Ryan grinned. “Why thank you.”

Once on the top floor they went the opposite direction of the party suite. “The trick is, rent out the entire floor. Sleep on one end and party on the other.” They both laughed. “And here we are,” Ryan narrated out loud as his swiped his key to the room.

Dani walked in ahead and kicked off her heels. She was pleasantly surprised that his personal suite was just as big as the party room. “It’s like an apartment in here.”

“I know. See, we planned this though. We’ve been sleeping in shitty motels this entire time so we could have this when we got to Miami. Figure we’d live it up while we could. The other guys have the same thing. It’s pretty awesome.”

Ryan followed Dani as she explored the suite. “I love hotels,” she finally spoke.

He smiled. “Hey, I’m gonna go to bathroom really quick. Make yourself at home.”

Dani nodded.

In the bathroom, Ryan splashed water in his face and talked to himself. “Look, don’t fuck this up,” he said. After finger-combing his hair he walked out to se Dani lying on the bed.

“So did you go to college?” she asked.

“Yeah, CSU in LA.” Dani raised an eyebrow. “Oh sorry. California State University in Los Angeles.”

“Are you from Cali?”

He scoffed. “No.”

“Well?” she inquired further.

“Um. Apple Valley, Minnesota.”

Dani laughed. “What?”

“Apple Valley, Minnesota.”

“You act like such a city boy. You could’ve fooled me.”

“Apple Valley isn’t an actual valley. It’s just not a city.” Dani laughed again. “Well, where are you from Miss City Girl.” Ryan sat on the bed next to her.

Dani cleared her throat. “I’m from the grand city of Rio de Janeiro. I moved to Miami when I was five and I’ve lived here ever since.”

“I must admit, that’s more interesting than me.”

She giggled again and rolled over coyly away from him. “So what was your major?”

“Oral communications.”

“Hmm. Oral?” Dani laughed.

Ryan smiled. “You?”

“I double majored in business management and psychology with a minor in musical performance.”

His eyes widened. “Wow. You weren’t bullshitting about your smarts.”

“Nope, I take pride in my schoolwork. I need a good paying job so I can take care of my Mami.”

“Is she sick?”

She leaned in close and whispered. “She’s a schizo.”

“Like, she has schizophrenia?”

“Yep.”

“Isn’t that in someone’s genetics?”

Dani laughed loud again. “You think I’m crazy?”

“No, no, no! I mean. I just thought—”

“Relax,” Dani ordered. “I was just making a joke.” Ryan sighed. “And no, it’s not genetics. Schizophrenia is a random disease. Actually, the most common psychological disorder. It affects 1 in 100 people worldwide.”

“I didn’t know that,” Ryan said, captivated by not only her beauty but intelligence.

“Yeah, most people don’t.” Ryan just stared at her for a moment, taking in all of her looks. “Yes?” she asked.

“Sorry,” he blushed and looked away.

“Don’t be.” Dani stood up as she spoke. “You know, skinny jeans are really uncomfortable.”

He laughed, “They are actually.” When he looked at her again she was wriggling out of them and his heart began to beat faster. The only light on in the suite was the small lamp next to the bed and the dull, yellow color made her tan skin seem creamy.

They made brief eye contact and she asked, “You mind?”

“No, no. I don’t mind.”

She wore boy shorts and a plaid button-down shirt. “Is that what you’re sleeping in?” she questioned.

“Um no,” he mumbled nervously. He pulled off his shirt and pants so he was only in his boxers and got under the covers.

“You know, this shirt’s buttons always gives me problems. Can you help me?” Dani was being abnormally forward with him and even though she was acting like she knew what she was doing, she didn’t. She’d been with a guy once when she was a senior in high school. Her boyfriend of a year took her virginity and then wanted nothing to do with her. The experience had been painful and unromantic and although she had had boyfriends since then, she never went all the way with one again. But it had been over a year since her last boyfriend and she had almost forgotten what the touch from a man felt like. Her heart was racing.

Ryan’s fingers tripped over themselves as they unbuttoned her blouse to reveal a bra that matched her boy shorts. Her skin was flawless with not a single scar and the curves of her body Ryan had never seen on a woman before. “I think,” he began. “I think I’ve never seen a woman as gorgeous as you.” Dani smiled as her hair fell far over her shoulder. “Light off?” he asked.

She nodded.

After he turned the light off he touched her face for the first time and used his index finger to put her hair behind her ear. “Can I kiss you?” he whispered.

“Yes.” His heart pounded in his throat as he pressed his lips against hers softly. “Ryan,” it was the first time she’d said his name and he loved the way she said it. She pulled away. “I don’t want you to think I’m a whore or anything. I normally never drink and I haven’t slept with a guy in over four years. I don’t do this. I don’t meet guys and sleep with them the first day. I just haven’t had a chance to let my hair down and I—”

“Dani, I don’t want you to feel pressured. I don’t do this either,” he laughed. “And I don’t think you’re a whore. That’s… That’s terrible. If you want, you can just sleep here and I’ll take you home tomorrow morning. I’ll even sleep in another room.” He rubbed her arm gently.

Feeling reassured, Dani sighed, “No, I want this.”

“Are you sure?” he asked with sincere concern.

She smiled and kissed him again. “Yes.”

Secretly thanking God in his head, Ryan began to kiss her more deeply now and began to explore her body with his hands. He’d had quite a few sexual partners but never had any of those girls come close in comparison to her. He unbuckled her bra and she tossed it carelessly aside. The more his hands roamed, the harder he felt himself grow. Dani ran her fingers through his shoulder length hair with one hand and traced his skin with the index finger of the other. Finally, after a few awkward movements he’d taken off his boxers. He then lifted her legs over his shoulders and pulled off her underwear too.

After marveling at her completely naked body he leaned in and whispered, “I did major in oral communications.” Dani giggled as he began to kiss from her ear to her jaw line to her neck to her collarbone to the middle of her chest to her bellybutton to her hips…

Dani had never had a guy do that to her before so she was taken aback by the pleasurable sensation and was saddened but relieved when he began kissing his way back up. When he kissed her again, she tasted herself in his mouth and it was almost sweet. “Take me now,” she groaned and without hesitation he slowly entered her.

“Tell me if I’m hurting you,” he spoke quietly.

“You’re not,” she lied. She bit her lip and dug her nails into his hips as he began to move in and out leisurely. He was definitely bigger than the first guy she’d been with and since it had been years ago, it was like her first time all over again.

“Are you sure you’re alright,” he asked, sensing her tenseness and pain.

“It’s just been awhile,” she whimpered.

“It’s easier if you relax.” He kissed her forehead. “I’ll be more gentle.”

Dani was happy at how tenderly he was treating her, as if she were an antique porcelain doll that could break if mishandled. She relaxed her muscles and did find it to be easier as he moved even slower than before. After a few minutes the pain had numbed and even though she wasn’t feeling any real satisfaction she was still content. Feeling that she had become used to him, Ryan picked up his pace. Finally, Dani started feeling pleasure, something deep inside her that Ryan only hit every few pushes but she moaned loudly every time.

Ryan was good at making love. Unlike most men, he actually cared if his partner reached climax. For him, it didn’t matter how many women he had sex with, it was how many he could make happy. Because of this, he had learned how to read his partner; he knew when to speed up or slow down and how much each individual woman could take. He knew that women could receive two different types of orgasm and both were equally hard to reach for any man. But after being with a woman for just a few minutes he could tell which would be easier for her. He already had Dani figured out. Although she might as well have been a virgin he knew that he could make her come.

As more time passed, that spot that Ryan had only been hitting every few times, he now hit every single time. Dani had never been pleased like that before in her life and her entire body was trembling from the core all the way out to her fingertips and toes. Her legs were shaking uncontrollably and she actually felt slightly embarrassed at the power he now had over her. Dani moaned loudly and cried out his name.

Sweat dripped from his face into her hair. She was beautiful and the faces she made only fueled his flame. To him, after pleasing his partner, the second best part about sex was the authority it gave him. No matter how much a woman could run a relationship outside of the bedroom, a man always has total and utter command when it comes to sex. He may have a hard time actually getting to it but once he’s there, he’s in control. It’s all mental and the one giving up their body essentially is the woman. Although most of the time she has the choice of who to share it with and when, ultimately, she is still the one in submission.

Ryan felt her legs tightening around him and he knew he was doing it right. She clawed at his back and he kissed the middle of her neck. Dani felt the blood pulsing in her teeth as she reached her climax. Her body fell near limp and Ryan then became more focused on pleasing himself. It didn’t take much longer thereafter. White-knuckled, clutching the thick sheets near her head he came with the last few hard thrusts.

He collapsed over her and their skin stuck together by sweat. After he caught his breath, he propped himself up with his arm so his weight wasn’t entirely on her. Using his other hand he wiped the few wet strands of hair back from her face. He kissed her delicately and whispered, “How are you feeling?”

She let out a small chuckle, “Amazing.”

He laughed and rolled over onto his back. “Same here.”

Dani took deep breaths to try to slow her heart rate and turned on her side to face him. “You are something else,” they both smiled and she rubbed his dark hair. After a few minutes of catching up on breathing, Dani cuddled close to him and place her head on his chest. “Can we sleep now?” she asked in a tone so innocent, he had to laugh.

“Yes.”