Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Untitled

"Damon, please don't do it," I tailed him around since.

He was just shaking hands and thanking people who came - something a normal human would do. Why he even bothered doing so is beyond me. He turned and looked deep into my eyes, trying to look for some hidden answers being my pleadings.

We walked into the house where he took a seat at the couch in the living room.

"He wanted the fight," Damon answered nonchalantly. "I was merely giving him his wish."

I felt like ripping the damned smile out of his face when he smiled his stupid grin. Why did I even bother trying to talk Damon - a cruel person - out of a fight?

"Look sweetie," he continued, taking my hand and I felt goosebumps on my skin when he said the s-word. "I am a man - and I have my pride. You do understand that, don't you?"

Huffing out loud, I jerked my hands away and I tried the second thing I could think of - to find Jacob.

"Tell him that I'll meet him soon, Nessie dear! The wedding is almost over." I heard the hidden threat in his voice under the cool exterior.

Right now, I couldn't care less what Damon wants. All I have in mind is to stop this fight from happening.

Damon's POV

As soon as I know she left the house looking for the dog, I stood up and walked towards the backyard of the house. On my way there, I bumped into her father - who was still glaring at me with anger.

"I sense you're not happy with me," I merely noted, and gave him my half-smile.

"Finally caught on, have you?" he spat with sarcasm and I replied with a shrug.

"If you don't mind, I have some business to attend to," I walked past him and he reached out to grab my arm.

Being a vampire, I turned and stared at him in anger, not trying to hide my discontent or my vampire side. The pupils in my eyes became dilated and I could feel blood rushing into my eyes through my veins as I hissed at him with disapproval.

Any vampires would know that I was about to attack him right then and there.

"Don't hurt my daughter, or you'll regret it," Edward quickly let his hands off and looked around us.

Some people were starting to look but I didn't care. I took in a deep breath and as soon as I felt that I looked like human again, I turned to Charlie who was a few feet away from me.

"Don't you think it's time for Edward and his family to leave this place?" I used my Power of mind control over him.

Slowly, Charlie nodded his head in a trance and turned to look at Edward.

"I think you and your family should leave this place," Charlie said.

Edward turned to look at me and then to Charlie before he turned and walked away. I know from the looks of it that it wasn't the end of it.

Keeping my cool, I turned and smiled to Charlie, patting my hand on his shoulder. "Make sure no one comes into the forest after me," I added and he nodded his head.

Quickly, I walked deep into the forest.

In front of me, a figure had his back facing me.

"You're late," the figure turned and revealed himself to be Alec - one of the guards that had been sent to the Volturi.

"Sorry about that," I said, but didn't mean any word of it. "I had some business to attend to."
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh! What could Alec and Damon possibly have planned??

Sorry if it's a short chapter! I couldn't really think of a name for the chapter thus Untitled is born! ;D

Comments are DEEPLY appreciated!