Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

The Fight

I finally found Jacob by the beach in La Push. He was with the Sam, Seth and the boys. Running up to him, I grabbed his arm and shook my head.

"You don't have to fight," I looked into his eyes.

He stared at me before pulling his hands away gently.

"Are you saying that I am no match for him?" Jacob asked.

"Jacob's stronger than you think! If you don't have faith in him, we do!" Paul added and the others agreed.

"I do have faith in Jacob! It's Damon I'm afraid of," I was looking at Paul and then to Jacob. "He has something up his sleeve Jacob! And I can't see you get hurt."

"I'll be fine," Jacob muttered stubbornly and looked at his watch. "In fact, it's almost time."

He stood up and when the others began to follow, he lifted his arm out.

"I think Sam is the only one who should come with me," I realized that Jacob's voice was dead.

Before the others could argue, Sam had already agreed with Jacob. Jacob turned to look at me and smiled a little.

"Once this is all over, we can be together again," Jacob insisted and turned away to walk.

I felt a slip of tear roll down my cheek followed by a comforting hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Seth smiling sympathetically down at me. Quickly, I wiped away my tears and ran towards the forest where the death match is set to begin.

As soon as I reached the forest, I saw that Damon was already there with Jacob. Sam, Alice and Jasper was standing behind Jacob.

"Come here, sweetie," Damon purred at me.

When I looked up and shook my head, his smile dropped. He held his hand out for me to take.

"Come here sweetie," he repeated himself before adding a word with venom. "Now."

I could feel the others watching me. The animals and insects in the forest was silent and there was no noise at all. I turned to look at Damon, whose eyes seemed dark and scary as he kept looking at me.

I felt something strange happening to my body. It started to have a mind of its own because they started walking towards Damon, reaching out to take his hand.

What the hell is happening to me?

"How can you use that with her?" Alice shouted.

"She's my bride. I can do anything to her," Damon replied, his head held high as he brushed my hair away from my face with his fingers and kissed my cheek.

"Enough!" Jacob yelled, taking out his shirt, his eyes not moving from Damon. "Let's do this."

Sam held onto Jacob's shirt and with a loud boom, Jacob has turned into a big brown wolf. I heard Damon chuckle from the side as he made me stand under a tree.

"Okay," he dragged the word playfully before he stood rigid.

I heard him take a deep breath before he hissed. His was crouching, his eyes was red like blood. And then, they ran towards each other, Jacob's growl was louder than a bear.

Jacob seemed to have the first-hand in this because within seconds, Jacob was on top of Damon. Jacob's jaw was snapping away, trying to bite Damon's head off but Damon was strong enough to push Jacob back.

Jacob ran a full circle around us before he ran towards Damon who seemed to have anticipated the move because he moved to the side, causing Jacob to hit against a tree on the head. Jacob's body fell with a huge thud and I could hear him whine from his throat - like any other wolf would if they're hurt.

"You should really try changing your attack moves," Damon laughed and shook his head. "Shall I say that this fight is over?"

Damon walked towards me, grabbing my ass in the process as he bent down to kiss on my lips. My body seemed to be still as I went along with his move.

Why can't I move a muscle, I asked myself before my mind screamed: Don't kiss him!

Jacob was growling hard again as Damon pushed me hard to the side causing me to fall as Jacob ran against Damon's small body towards a tree. The tree snapped into half. I quickly stood up to see if Jacob was okay.

I seemed to be able to control my body now.

As I walked closer, I saw two bodies laying motionless on the ground. Jacob had turned back into human. Both eyes were closed, Jacob was breathing heavily.

"Jacob!" I called out and was about to run towards him.

Damon seemed to have heard me because he opened his eyes immediately and was next to me within a second. He was holding onto my hand as I struggled to run towards Jacob - who looked badly injured.

"There there," Damon said, pulling me to him and I had my back against him. "Everything would be okay."

Everything would be okay, the words echoed in my mind.

My body betrayed me again because they simply rested against him, not moving as my eyes looked at Sam and the others surrounding Jacob's body.

"Dick move, wolf boy," Damon laughed, but I could feel his body trembling against mine.

He was breathing heavily - loud enough for the both of us to hear. He had his hand wrapped around my waist and I finally realized that he probably needed my body for support.

Come on Jacob. He's weak. You can strike and everything would be over!

But Jacob lay motionless on the ground.

"Next time I see you, you're dead meat," Damon added before he pulled me away from the forest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let's boost the comments, shall we? : )