Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Problem

"Are you okay?" I walked towards Leo after school hours.

I realized that he was walking normally again. He grinned and nodded his head as we walked slowly out of the building.

"Can you drive?" I asked again.

"I think so," he replied.

I shook my head and I searched for his keys inside every one of the pockets. He moved a bit as he chuckled. I arched an eyebrow and he shrugged.

"I'm ticklish!" He said defensively. "Get over it!"

I smiled but didn't say more as I walked over to his Camero and opened the passenger side of the car for him.

"I'm not disabled, you know," he mumbled but I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not taking any chances," I replied shutting the door close as soon as he was inside.

I got into the driver's side and turned the ignition on before I drove out of the school's parking lot.

"Hey, is it okay for me to sue your best friend?" Leo asked and I looked at him in surprise. "He could've killed me if that girl didn't stop him."

"He has a nasty temper," I quickly said. "Please forgive him on my behalf."

"Nessie," Leo said and I looked up at him with my mouth open in fear. "I was pulling your leg. Chill alright?"

I faked a chuckle and playfully hit him on the shoulder.

"That wasn't funny!"

"You have to admit though. You were a little scared," Leo said smugly.

"Where do I turn from here?" I asked.

"A few houses away," he dragged the words. "Okay, stop here."

The car slowed down to a halt outisde a two-floor house that seemed vacant from the outside.

"Your parents' working?" I asked and he laughed, nodding his head.

"They're always out on business trips," he got out of the car and I did the same. "I would invite you in but I'm not really feeling too good today - you know. With your best friend hitting me and all."

I bit my cheeks and nodded my head with a smile.

"Alright. See you tomorrow in school then!" I waved and walked away.

While walking back home, I decided to head back home - my real home - to check on Daddy. As soon as I stepped by the porch, the door creaked open and Alice rushed out and gave me a tight embrace.

"Is Daddy home?" I asked looking over her shoulder to see the family by the doorstep - with two different figures among them. "What are they doing here?"

"They needed a place to stay," Carlisle said moving aside as a motion for me to step inside the house.

I did exactly just that and as soon as I stepped inside the house, everyone followed me to the living room. Some had their grim faces on, others were delighted to see me with them.

"It's been so long, Nessie!" Emmett said with his goofy grin and I smiled back.

I glanced at each one of their faces before realizing that one in particular wasn't with them.

"Where's Daddy?"

"He didn't came back home," Alice answered before pursing her lips. "And I can't seem to see his future either. He could be with the Quielettes."

There was a moment of silence and I could feel all eyes on me. It felt really awkward.

"You know I didn't mean to drink his blood," I mumbled, staring at my feet with shame.

"We know you didn't," Alice gave me a comforting hug.

"Didn't she?" I could hear Rosalie hiss under her breath causing me to glare up at her.

"You think I wanted to drink his blood?" I demanded, feeling the blood rush up my face.

"You're a hybrid of both species," Rosalie spat and Emmett held his hands on her shoulders as a sign of warning. "Surely you would've known?"

"Know what?" I asked and then there was silence again.

I looked around the room and this time, they were looking at anything other than me. Only the two strangers kept looking at me in a weird way.

"Seriously," I focused on Rosalie since she wanted an argument. "You don't even know the reason why I had to drink his blood so don't ever think for a second that you know me."

"What would that reason be than, huh?" Rosalie looking at me with her murderous eyes.

I felt myself hyperventilating and we stared at each other not once breaking eye-contact.

I love my aunt Rosalie, but sometimes she had a way in flicking a certain switch. I've been keeping the hurt and anger to myself - but now seemed like a good time to let it all out.

"I don't need to explain myself to you," I crossed my arms and looked at the opposite direction.

"You mean you don't have a reason," Rosalie interpreted.

"That's enough," Carlisle jumped in with his stern voice.

I could see some frown lines on his god-like face. Since I was born, I have never seen him feel so exasperated before.

The phone started to ring and I watched as Carlisle dug his hands into his pocket to pull his cellphone out. I looked over at Rosalie to see her still glaring at me.

I felt someone's hands on my shoulder so I snapped out of focus and looked over at Esme.

"I'm glad you're okay, Nessie," Esme said in her soft and gentle voice.

I responded with a smile and nodded my head, giving a quick hug to my 'grandmother'.

"That was the hospital," Carlisle walked over to us, the frown lines on his face deepening. "About ten corpses are found in the woods in Forks."

Immediately, all eyes were on me. I felt myself frown in response.

"It's not Damon," I said before pursing my lips.

"You're defending the animal?" Rosalie scoff in disbelief.

"I know it's not Damon. He's not gone out for days other than the day you came over," I ignored her and looked at Stefan before continuing, "And I know he make true to his promises."

"My brother isn't the type to keep true to his words," Stefan shook his head grimly and I glared at him.

"Maybe you did this so you could accuse him."

"Stefan has been with me everyday and he's a vegan," Elena protested.

"I should go over to the hospital to check if it is indeed a vampire attack," Carlisle interrupted as he took his coat and car keys.

As soon as he left the house, someone spoke up.

"What if there's another vampire in town?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Huge thanks to Kayla, JaspersGirl108, nemessis and Hot_Mess for your support and comments.

Now, it's time for the feedbacks again! : )

I know Damon has been missing for the past few chapters but I promise you Damon girls out there that he will be back in the next chapter!