Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

No One Threatens Damon Salvatore

Image

[Nessie's POV]

I felt something warm lying next to me, so I opened my eyes with force to look over at Damon who is sound asleep.

Memory of last night's event came back to me. I was scared to hunt but after drinking my first human blood, I felt happy. And then Damon came over to me and we kissed.

My heart stopped beating for a moment as I wondered if I had broken my virginity with Damon. I looked at him again and saw that he had no shirt on.

My heart pounded even louder as I looked down to see if I was wearing any piece of cloth. Thankfully, my shirt was still on so I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thinking if we had done it last night?" a playful voice purred into my ears causing me to jump in shock.

Damon was awake and he had his face a few inches away from mine. I turned to face him and he didn't move an inch away. He just kept staring into my eyes, his smile on his face was the most sincere since the first time I've met him.

"Kinda," I admitted and felt my eyes widened when he leaned down to kiss me again.

"I don't like to force someone to sleep with me. It can be quite a handful," he said and got out of bed. "All we did was make-out and exchange our blood."

I watched as he took his clothes from the floor and wore it over again. He bent down before tossing my jacket over to me.

"Are we going somewhere?" I asked, a little puzzled.

He laughed a gentle laugh.

"I'm going to meet an old friend," he said and pointed to me. "You are going to school."

I raised my eyebrow in wonder.

"I thought I was forbidden to go?" I teased him and saw him froze.

After a moment of silence, "Not anymore," he shook his head and left the room.

A few minutes after he left, my mind started to function properly again. Was last night just a part of his game?

Why do I even care what last night meant? I was happy and I deserve to feel happy - even if it's a game to him.

I raised my head when the sound of a car halted just outside the gate. It was strange because I could never hear that strongly before. I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror.

Every one of my senses is three times better than what it used to be. Plus, I could still feel the richness from the blood I drank from last night.

With a few swift moves, I was in another outfit. I grabbed my bag and raced towards Leo's car.

"Hey," Leo greeted with a smile.

"Hey," I replied, forcing myself not to jump on him to get a taste of his blood.

"You look different," he commented as soon as I got inside the car.

"I feel different," I admitted with a smile.

As soon as Leo started the ignition, I faced the front.

My life needs some major changes and it starts today, I thought with confidence.

[Damon's POV]

As soon as I hear the car leave, the doorbell rang. I turned to look at one of the newborns and he knew immediately to go answer the door.

After a few moment, Alec came into the room, his hand behind his back. I quickly stood up.

I had almost forgotten about our deal.

"Aro sent me here to check on your progress. Did you do it?" Alec asked, pacing around the room.

"Deal?" I asked with a fake doubtful look before I walked over to pour the whiskey into two glasses.

Then I walked over to Alec and handed him a glass. He looked at the glass before looking up at me with narrowed eyes. I tried my best to keep on smiling. When it seemed to fail, I quickly drank from my glass of whiskey.

"You should try to loosen up a little," I turned to put his glass on the table and looked up at him.

"I do not have the time to handle your childishness," Alec replied, and I balled my fists in anger as his eyes scrutinizing my every move. "Let me repeat myself. Have you done your part?"

"No," I answered before smiling again. "But I'm working on it."

"Aro would not be pleased to hear of your incompetence," Alec said again.

Geez. This guy needs to lighten up, I thought grimly.

"Well, tell Aro that I will finish the job. I just need -"

With a speed quicker than mine, Alec was standing in front of me - one hand was grabbing my black T-shirt while the other was on my throat. I choked on the forced pressure as he stared into my eyes; his face caught in between animosity and pure boredom.

That look reminded me of someone.

"If you finish your sentence with 'more time', I will have the pleasure of ripping your throat out of your good body right here myself," he breathed into my face.

His red eyes were burning with hatred and he gritted his teeth, making sure I was able to see his sharp canine teeth.

I was breathing heavily, just staring back into his eyes.

"Do you understand me?"

I nodded my head and we stared into each other's eyes. Then, he let me off, causing me to stumble backwards.

"Save us all the trouble and complete your task. And I do hope for your sake," he looked up at me directly, "That on my next trip here, the task will indeed be complete."

"And if I don't?" I mumbled, my hands rubbing my throat but I was looking up at him forcing a smile to show at the same time.

"Aro doesn't like failure. In fact, he does not take it well."

I watched him leave the place and my smile disappeared. With the sudden anger inside of me, I threw the glass I was holding towards the wall - causing it to smash into tiny pieces.

How dare he lay a hand on me!

The female newborns started to crowd around me but I turn to glare at them and hissed, causing them to take steps backwards.

You want to rip my throat? I'll make sure you'll get yours ripped first, dear old friend! NO one threatens Damon Salvatore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whewww. No one should mess with Damon! I'm sure we all knew that! ; )

As always, comments are APPRECIATED!

Special thanks and dedication to : nemessis , Hot_Mess , JaspersGirl108 , amywentz; AND Heaven Help Us for your wonderful comments! You taking the time out to give me a comment really means a lot, so thank you!