Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Damon's Friends

Image

I've been silent throughout the car ride - I didn't even realize that Damon took us to the cinema over at Port Angeles. I turned to look at him with wide demanding eyes.

Instead, he gave his 50-watt smile and got out of the car.

"I think that you need to watch some film to make you laugh," he opened the door for me and I got out.

"Uh-huh," I responded as he run toward the booth to get us a pair of tickets.

He was next to me as he handed me my ticket. Taking the ticket, I saw that the movie he chose was called Jennifer's Body. Arching my eyebrow, I looked up to see him smiling before it faded.

"What?" he said defensively. "A little bird told me the movie was kind of stupid - for a vampire anyway."

We were about to walk towards the movie hall when he froze. I followed his gaze to see two vampires - by the smell of it - walking up towards us. They were holding hands and the female was smiling at us.

The female had her blonde hair tied up in a bun and she was wearing a black tee and blue denim jeans. The male was blonde too and his hair was short but a little messy. He wore a white tee with black leather jacket and a black skinny jeans. And they were both wearing Rayban glasses.

"Damon," the female greeted with a weird enthusiasm and she pulled her hands away from the male.

"Jane," Damon responded but he didn't sound happy at all.

She turned to look at me before taking off her Rayban glasses and I knew almost immediately why she had to wear those glasses. Her iris were red in color. I should assume that the male had the same iris color too.

"Aren't you going to introduce us?" she ask with a mock of hurt.

"You can do that yourself," Damon mumbled before he flinched from an invisible pain. "This is Nessie and these are Demetri and Jane."

Jane smiled at me - only her smile has some hidden secret in them. Demetri seemed to be looking at me with interest in his eyes.

"Here to catch a movie?" Jane asked, focusing on Damon and the latter simply nodded his head.

It was strange to see Damon being silent and there was none of his 50-watt smile that goes along with his sarcasm. In fact, it seems as though he was afraid of them.

"We're here to catch a movie too!" Jane replied and grabbed Demetri's hand, causing the latter to flinch in pain. He didn't seem as though he liked her touch.

"Fascinating," Damon muttered and pulled me with him.

"The gore wasn't even that bad," Damon and I were laughing as soon as we got out.

"Are you kidding me? The sight of it makes me hungry," Jane added.

"The movie was bad," I concluded, reaching out for him to catch my breath. "Period."

"I mean, did you see how she got some power and flew at the end? It was lame," Damon shook his head.

I heard Demetri's gutteral growl and everyone among us - almost at the same time - stiffened. The smell was so familiar; it stinks but it had the smell of home.

I turned to my right and saw a group of teenage boys, glaring at us with such venom. "Dogs," Jane hissed from under her breath.

My eyes fell upon the boy in the middle - the boy I know named Jacob. He was breathing hard, his nose flaring. Sam had his hands in front of Jacob, in case he decides to attack in public.

"Jake," I whispered, slowly pulling my hands away from Damon's.

Damon looked at Jacob before looking at me and then to Jacob again before he forced out a laugh. He reached out and took my hand, hoping it would make Jacob angrier. I quickly pulled my hand away again causing my husband to glare at me.

I walked towards him and for a second, I could feel Damon tailing me.

"Let her go," Jane said and it sounded more like an order than a casual remark.
♠ ♠ ♠
Been busy this weekend to post up a chapter! Sorry about that!

Comments are appreciated!

Special thanks to BloodyBlackRose13 , amywentz; , Heaven Help Us , Hot_Mess , JaspersGirl108 & AngelVampPrincess for your wonderful comments! : )

Next update would be up tomorrow!