Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Second Vision

[Nessie's POV]

I heard the door creaked open and I couldn't help but to glance over at the grandfather clock by the corner of the huge gothic living room. The short hand was pointing to four whilst the long hand showed twelve.

Damon was whistling cheerfully as he strode into the living room, completely ignoring my presence. I cleared my throat - the only way I knew to get his attention.

He stopped and turned to look at me with wide eyes. Whether it was for real or it was to mock me, I do not know. I mean, with Damon, no one knows for sure.

"Oh!" he took a step back to scrutinize if it really was me. "You caught me off-guard."

"Please," I scoffed sarcastically and crossed my arms, not taking my eyes off him.

Damon's smile came back on, his eyes showed no sign of interest in our conversation. Instead, he walked over and took a seat next to me with a big 'Ahhh'.

When he did not say a word, I decided to speak. "Why are you back so late?"

Once again, Damon looked at me in a funny way and shook his head, chuckling softly to himself.

"Am I supposed to tell you where I go everytime I'm out? Sure, you're my wife," I flinched when he said that word and for a second there, I could have sworn he glared my way, "But there is no way I'm going to tell you everything."

I felt the blood rush up to my face - and it wasn't out of embarrassment. I huffed in anger and stood up, almost walking away when he reached out and pull my arm, causing me to fall on him.

My wide eyes went back to normal and a second later, when his breath caught my face. I looked up to see him staring deep into my eyes, his breathing accelerated with each passing silent seconds between us.

It was strange how the blue eyes seem to have an effect on me everytime I looked at it.

He didn't take his eyes off of me. He simply kept looking into my eyes as though he was searching for a buried secret deep within my soul.

"Damon," I whispered but he didn't acknowledge my calling. The sound of the ticking from the grandfather clock filled the whole room. "I need you to help me stop this hunger for human blood."

That was when he blinked and pushed me off of him and faked a chuckle as he leaned his head on the headrest of the couch.

"And why would I do that? You're not going to be much of a cool person when you have the Stefan Diet," he shut his eyes with a smirk on his face. "Besides, I like you better when you're an animal."

Tears started to form on my eyes. He must've sensed that because he opened one of his eyes before he sighed out loud.

"That was supposed to be a compliment," he added with an annoyed tone.

When I didn't speak, he stood up and shook his head. "Get up and start packing. We're going on that roadtrip the day after tomorrow."

And he left the room with a blink of an eye without telling me if he would help me on the cravings.

The smell of the ocean hit my nose and there was the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks coming from below. The wind was sweeping past my face and I felt myself shiver a little from the cold. All I could see was the dark starry sky above me. I moved my head a little and saw the full moon shining ever so brightly onto my face.

That full moon was blocked from my view of the head of the same man that I saw in my recent vision looking down at me and I could see his forced smile through his pained expression. It was a look that Daddy always gave me when he thought of Mom.

His eyes was a darker brown - almost black - and there was the purple bruise under his eyes that was much more visible. His lips were chapped and a little faded. I knew almost immediately that he had been starving himself - the way Daddy had done when Mom died.

"I know you're going to hate me for making this decision for you," he talked and I could see a little of his canine teeth showing a little.

He is a vampire. That much was clear. But he wasn't going to drink my blood or anything. I think the canine teeth was one of the symptoms of hunger for us vampires.

I heard myself gurgle as I reached both my tiny baby hands out for him. And at that moment, he smiled a tired but genuine smile as he took one of my tiny hands and kissed it.

"But I have to do this for your safety," he finished as he looked to the dark horizon. After a few second ticked on by, he looked down again and gave a small laugh. "I've yet to name you yet. Penelope and I were supposed to come up with a name for you after you're born."

Those sad eyes...

How I wish I could light up the dying fire in his eyes.

"She always loved the name Gabriel, 'like the archangel' she says," he chuckled bitterly, "And I would tell her that heaven was not a place for things like us. We would never be accepted. Not anywhere. But she would never give up reminding me of the my past life as a pious human and she kept persuading me otherwise.

"I want to believe that there is a higher power again. I do and I'm still trying. For her sake. But He took her away from me," he looked down at me, the pain on his face was indescribable.

"And now, I hate Him. If He was the good guy, why isn't he doing anything to stop the evil done in this world? Why would He make lives miserable by taking the one good thing they love?"

That pained look was replaced with fury - hot red fury.

"That's because there is no God," someone interrupted - a voice that was so familiar, I had difficulty matching his face with his voice.

The man stood and turned around, a little shocked from the sudden intrusion. "Who - who are you?"

My view was blocked again by his back.

"My name is Aro. And I am only here to help you - "

ARO!

No wonder that voice sounded familiar!

" - Do not be afraid of us."

"What do you want?" the man demanded and gave a low gutteral growl, not lowering his guard.

"We are here about the child," Aro spoke and for a second, the man took a step back.

"You're not taking him away from me!" the man shook his head in anger.

"You're weak to even protect him. What are you going to do against us?"

KILL HIM! I screamed in my head.

"We do not want to harm you or the child. We just want to talk," Aro continued when the man didn't speak.


"Noooo!" I screamed.

"Nessie! are you okay?" Someone shook me hard and Leo's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I blinked and looked around, realizing that I was now in the school cafeteria. I glanced up to my friend and saw that he was watching me with a wide fearful eyes. A couple of eyes were looking at me from all around the cafeteria.

I looked down and saw that I had my hand over Leo's so I quickly pulled my hand away and stared at him through wet eyes.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Leo repeated himself, but there was a flicker of light in his eyes.

"I'm sorry," I stood up, taking my books. "I'm not feeling too good.”

I turned and ran out of the cafeteria, leaving Leo dumbfounded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, thank you everyone for backing me up on the whole capitalization error stuff. You guys are by far, the most coolest crowd on Mibba!

Anyway, no. My computer is not yet fixed [it was Christmas so I had to wait longer!]. But rest assured, I'll still be updating on this story as soon as I can!

Treat this as my belated Christmas gift to you because this story, is for YOU. : )