Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

No More

[Nessie's POV]

A few hours have passed by and Damon still isn't back. I was starting to get worried - and scared. Did he really leave me here alone in the hotel room?

I felt so stupid for blurting the words out. And I don't even know why I said it.

I didn't have any cash with me to book myself an air-ticket back to America. I certainly couldn't call my family or Jacob after what happened between us.

Sighing, I went over to the kitchen and took out a bottle of gin. Just as I was about to take a sip from the bottle, the doorbell rang. Turning to face the door with a frown, I wondered if Damon had forgotten his keys.

I walked over and opened the door to see Daddy and Alice by his side. I saw his eyes travelled down to the bottle of gin I was still holding.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, shocked and stood aside to let them in.

"Damon -"

"Damon?" I interrupted, feeling panic all over. "Did something happen to him?"

Daddy was still quiet, not taking his eyes off me. Alice on the other hand was frowning in irritation.

"Damon called us to come over to Paris."

"Why would Damon do that?" I interrupted again, outraged by Damon's actions.

"Who knows what Damon's motives are," Alice mumbled before she shook her head. "That's not the point. We came here to bring you back with us before the Volturi Guards come."

I saw her froze before she quickly turned to the door. Something about her rigid body told me that we were too late. Even Daddy was crouching, getting ready to attack.

The door was still open ajar and Demetri was by the door with a smile on his face - a smile more sinister than Damon's. Daddy had his hands out to me, as though telling me to stand back.

I shook my head in response. No way am I going to let him fight Demetri all by himself. Just then, both Daddy and Alice screamed in pain as they fell to the floor. I stared at them, taken aback.

"Nessie, run!" Daddy managed to say before he screamed out in pain again.

"No Nessie, don't run," another voice cooed and a girl about my age stepped inside the room.

She was wearing dark clothes and had her blonde hair all bun up in a formal way. Her red eyes told me that she was probably one of them - the Volturi guards. I stood rigid - my legs refused to run.

"Seriously, don't," the girl's face wasn't joking anymore. "Unless you want daddy dearest to die?"

Tears were starting to fill in my eyes when Daddy screamed for me to forget about him and look for the others.

"Edward, you really need to stop screaming," the girl tsked in disapproval before she turned her attention back to me. "Are you going back with us or not?"

"Why?" I demanded and balled my fists.

"Because we have Damon," she grinned and my heart skipped a beat.

They have Damon, I thought and felt scared for him.

"NESSIE!" Daddy growled as he struggled to stand up, even though it was taking a toll on him.

"I can't leave you here!" I yelled as tears rolled down my cheeks.

I already didn't have a mother so if I left him here, I wouldn't have a father either. I turned to look at the girl.

"I'll come with," I stated but pointed to my family. "But you have to let them go."

"No negotiations, little Renesmee," the girl shook his head as Demetri grabbed hold onto Daddy while another vampire got hold of Alice.

Daddy was glaring hard at me - angry that I wouldn't listen to him. But I didn't care. No one was going to get hurt because of me.

[Unknown's POV]

Throwing away another body I had drained dry, I howled out loud to the full moon above me. Looking over at the city of Paris from the hill I was at, I tried to focus on the one person I wanted to find.
♠ ♠ ♠
First update since centuries ago. I bet you're sick and tired of waiting! Sorry about that. Computer's finally fixed so the updates will come fast.

That is, if you guys still like it?

Comments are deeply appreciated!