Status: I'll be posting chapter 4 Either Tonight or Tomorrow Afternoon :)

Parkers Shadow

Arrangements

I hate school. But not in the normal way regular teens hate it, I don’t hate having to wake up
early, I don’t hate the work, I don’t hate the homework or the teachers. I hate the kids.

“Hey Shady, tell your shadow she’s a freak!” Carrie shouted across the lot.

I hung my held low wishing I could run away and hide. As I did every day I ignored every insult and every offense.

It was nothing new to me. I hated the feeling it left, that tugging in the back of your throat leaving you gasping for something to say back, then the disappointment of failing when you realize there is no point at all.

“Move it Shady.” I stepped to the side but Jackie still managed to shove me over. I dropped down onto my knees and scrambled my things back into a neat pile and ran to the bathroom as always.

It was empty to my luck. The final period was starting, but I didn’t want to go. I dumped my books on the bench and stood in front of the sink, staring into the mirror. I tucked a lock of black hair behind my ear and turned the tap on. Splashing the cool water on my face calmed me down to an extent, when I looked back up my face was covered in bloody.

I shivered and began screaming. I tried to turn off the tap, but the blood just kept flowing. I backed away till I tripped over my own feet. I shrieked harshly till my body shook with the sobs that took me whole. I tried to rub the blood off, but it wouldn’t fade away. With my bitten fingernails I tried desperately to claw it away, it left little scratches on my arms and only more blood.

“Shade Jacobs?!” Someone exclaimed. Miss Tyrant I was guessing. The schools shrink, the only teacher who liked me, but who I still hated. She always tried to ‘help me’, the way she treated me made me feel like I was insane. “Carrie get back to class.” Miss Tyrant ordered.

“Hey everyone look! Shady finally cracked!” Carried howled with laughter. I could hear a stampede of footsteps, I could see them all pushing to get a good view of the freak show.

“Fuck off all of you!” I shrilled, lunging at Carrie. I tried to hit her, but Miss Tyrant was ahead of me.

Miss Tyrant pulled me back. “Shade, stop this!”

“Get off me you whore!” I snapped back, trashing from her grip.

“Oh my god, Shady you freak! What the fuck is wrong with you?!” Carries mouth was a gaping hole at the site of my rampage.

“Ugh shut up you frigid bitch!” This time I was able to push her over into the massive crowd who were all gasping and squealing. Miss Tyrant grabbed me before I could start up the punch on.

“Principal Ford, call Shade Jacobs mother.” I could see the principals face shoving through the crowd. He nodded before instructing his assistant to do so.

I gave up the worthless struggled and just glared at the group gawking at me. I bared my teeth and the front row took a step back. I laughed menacingly.

Looking down at my hands, the blood had disappeared.

~

“Her behavior is out of control Mrs. Jacobs.” Principal Ford told my mother. He shuffled some papers on his desk then pushed one towards mum. “I think she should see someone about the accident. We all realize that she must be going through a lot, maybe talking to a-”

“Shrink?” I butted in. “I’ve seen plenty of shrinks Sir. They don’t help I hope you know.”

He quirked a brow at my interruption then mum spoke. “I’m afraid she’s right. We’ve sent her to quite a few over the past year and it has done no good.”

I smirked.

“Ah, I see. Well have you considered… err…” He trailed off. “Shade, would you mind if I spoke with your mother for a moment.”

I didn’t really have a choice. I heaved myself up and bounded out of the room. I sat on one of the waiting chairs outside his office and picked up a magazine. On the cover was some smiling lady holding her new baby, oh how lovely. I rolled my eyes and flipped to a random page. They were all happy stories, of new life and love. Made me sick to the bone really… I threw the magazine across the floor and lounged back in my seat.

A few kids walked past the waiting room window and made faces, shouted curses and made L shapes with their fingers holding them to their foreheads. I just smiled back. At this they frowned and Carrie stuck the finger up at me. I responded with a finger of my own. Fuck her…

After fifteen minutes the office door cracked open and mum stepped out shaking Mr. Ford’s hand.

“Thank you Mrs. Jacobs, I’m sure this will all work out.” With one final smile she shut the door and mum turned to me.

“Go to your locker and pack your things… we’re leaving.” She instructed. I frowned. “I’ll meet you in the car, so you have time to say goodbye to your friends.”

Why would she even mention the word friends? A seven letter lie in my vocabulary. I nodded silently and let her leave first.

“Bye Shady!” The receptionist waved. My eyes narrowed at her cold smile. She hated me, she was Carries mother.

~

“Shady.” Mum hadn’t said a word at dinner till now.

“Yeah?”

“Mr. Ford and I had a long talk about what is best for you, to help you get over the trauma of your past experience.”

My eyes tightened. This didn’t sound good. “And…?” She kept her eyes down a she chewed. “Where’s Damien anyway?” I wondered.

“Shady listen!” Mum hit her fist on the table stunning me. “Your behavior has become crazy, it isn’t normal anymore. I know it’s been hard but you need proper help.” She explained.

I decided to intervene. “If you’re sending me to another, ‘better’ shrink then that’s fine with me. It’s your money…” I taunted lightly.

Mum pursed her lips. “Shady we’re sending you to an ‘Institute’ somewhere you can really get help.”

I dropped my fork. “You’re sending me to a nut house?!” I shouted, rising from the chair.

She bit her lip. “It’s not a nut house Shady… I just think you need to go somewhere away from all your troubles.”

My jaw dropped. “I can’t believe you’d do this to me!” I sneered in hysterics.

Mum put her head in her hands. “Shade Annette Jacobs you are going whether it be with your dignity or if we have to drag you there screaming.”

I shook my head. “I am not going! I hate you!” I stormed up to my room screaming and screaming. Damien was leaning against my bedroom door.

“So she told you hey?” He asked.

I nodded, furious tears streaming. He had a smoke in his hand, not just any smoke, a ‘devils lettuce smoke’ I liked to call it.

He caught me eyeing it and held it forward. “Want a drag?” I glowered at him. “If you don’t want to share I can get you a fresh one?” He suggested.

I hit his chest. “No I don’t want some of your stupid weed!” I went into my room and slammed my door.

You know what? Even a nut house is better than this hell hole.

~

I woke the next morning and packed my bag, just the necessities. Mum was very, very surprised to see how cooperative I was being. She didn’t say much, she just kept saying ‘it’s for the best’. I think I rolled my eyes more than one hundred time that morning.

The ‘Mental Rehabilitation Center’ was in Los Angeles so mum was planning to move there once she could sell the house.

“It might take a month or two before we can make the move, but we’ll do anything to be over there for support.” She promised in the car to the airport. I looked off into space, drowning out her idiotic promises and failed support.

I was going to a nut house. It didn’t matter where they lived, Mum had betrayed me and as far as I was concerned I didn’t give a shit if she came to see me or not.

Oh fuck my life…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey readers, thanks for reading. To thoes who subscribed, thank you to you too. I'd love some more comments on what you think of the story, it would be great to hear from you guys. So comment and subscribe if you like.

Thanks, Rose. Aka, MemoriesdonoJustice.