With Love

Drive Home

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said as we came to the front door.

I went to reach for the door handle my legs gave out. Carlisle caught me before I hit the floor. I laughed embarrassed as Carlisle helped me back onto my feet.

"A little too tired?"

"Possibly." I muttered.

"Wait right here."

I watched confused as Carlisle went back upstairs. A few minutes later he came back down with Edward following him.

"What's going on?"

"I'm driving you home. Edward will follow." Carlisle said taking my keys.

"Carlisle I'm not drunk." I paused. "I'm simply tired.

"Please."

I wanted to scoff at Carlisle treating me like a child but didn't. He only had my best interests at heart. He also looked really cute at the moment.

Edward tried not to smirk, but I saw him struggling. I laughed quietly as he failed.

"Okay." I muttered.

Carlisle gave a small smile.

I followed him out to my SUV.

Him being the gentleman he was he opened my door for me. I thanked him and got in carefully. Carlisle quickly appeared in the drivers seat. I assumed I was more tired than I originally thought with how quickly he seemed to move.

I saw Edward following behind in the silver Volvo. I yawned again, feeling my eyelids become very heavy.

"Dylan."

I yawned again and opened my eyes. I blinked repeatedly to rid myself of the sleepy feeling. I looked over at the drivers seat, only it was empty.

"Over here." I heard Carlisle say.

I turned to face him. He was standing next to me. The passenger door open. I groaned and looked forward. We were already at my house.

Edward was parked behind us waiting patiently.

"I fell asleep?" It was more of a question than a statement.

"Yeah." Carlisle smiled.

He backed up giving me room to get out.

As I went to step out my foot got caught on the carpeted floor. I let out a small scream as the driveway came closer. Cold arms wrapped around my waist quickly.

"Are you alright?" Carlisle asked helping me to my feet.

"Yeah." I placed my hand over my chest. "Just a little freaked out."

Once I was steady on my feet I noticed Edward was standing next to his open driver's door. His facial expression was worried.

"I'm okay!" I shouted to Edward.

He smiled and laughed.

Carlisle walked me to the door. Making sure I didn't lose my balance yet again.

"See you on Monday?" I asked as we arrived at the door.

Carlisle smiled shyly. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped. "Yeah, Monday."

He turned to walk away. I grabbed his arm causing him to stop. He turned back to face me.

"You looked like you wanted to say something."

"It's nothing."

"It's never nothing."

"Do you want to have lunch tomorrow?" He asked quickly.

"Carlisle, if I didn't know you any better I would think you were nervous." I teased. "But I'd love have lunch with you."

Carlisle smiled again.

"What time?"

"Around eleven. I'll pick you up." He handed me my keys.

"Okay."

I expected Carlisle to walk away after that. He then did something I wasn't expecting. He leaned in and I felt his lips brush my cheek.

I felt the heat rise in my cheeks as he walked away.