With Love

Jealous

I almost dropped the phone when Amanda clued me in. I started going over it in my head. It all made sense. He had asked me out last night, but I thought it was just a friendly lunch.

"Dylan?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Oh my god!" Amanda groaned. "Do you not see the way he looks at you? Do you not see him come to life when you're in the room? He's falling for you and you can't even see it."

I couldn't help but laugh at how Amanda sounded. She was ecstatic and annoyed at the same time. Ecstatic someone liked her aunt. Annoyed that her aunt was clueless.

"We'll see what happens." I said with a laugh.

"Just wait. He'll ask you out and give you flowers. You'll see."

He's one step ahead of you Amanda. I thought with a smile.

"Okay." I admitted defeat. "Is that all?"

"Yes. Yes it is."

"See you tonight." I said.

"Tonight, I'll be home around 1:00. Wait-"

I hung up before Amanda could figure it out. I placed my phone on the nightstand and glanced at the clock.

10:02am

I only had an hour before Carlisle was supposed to show up. I groaned and forced myself up and out of bed.

After a quick shower I got dressed. Dark wash jeans, a white long sleeve shirt along with a green short sleeve shirt. I carefully put my hair back into a pony. As I was putting the finally touches of makeup on the doorbell rang.

"Dylan your dates here!" Mom yelled.

I groaned in annoyance.

Just like high school.

I hurried down the stairs as I heard her opening the front door. Carlisle stood in the doorway smiling. He was wearing a nice long sleeve shirt and nice dress pants.

"Hello Carlisle, come on in. Dylan's getting ready. You know girls." Mom joked.

"Mom!" I shouted as I hit the finally step.

Carlisle and mom laughed quietly.

"Just like high school." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that honey?" questioned mom.

"Nothing, nothing."

Silence started to form.

"Ready to go?" Carlisle asked, interrupting the oncoming silence.

"Yes."

I grabbed my jacket and followed Carlisle outside to a black Mercedes. My bike was sitting next to his car. I noticed his eyes traveling over to it.

He opened the passenger for me. The gentleman in him never faltering.

Carlisle pulled into the parking lot of a small diner. It was still in town, but not as busy as one would think. Only a few cars were in the parking lot. I assumed that the cars belonged to the employees.

I followed Carlisle inside without a word.

We were instantly seated in a booth near a window.

Our waiter, a young woman, came sauntering over.

"What can I get for you?" She asked, her attention completely focused on Carlisle.

"Just water."

"And you?" Her tone suddenly became rude.

"Water, please."

With one last look towards Carlisle she walked away. Her hips swinging with every step. I glared at her, knowing fully that she couldn't see my look.

"Jealous?"

My attention snapped towards Carlisle. He had a small smile on his face. I smiled shyly, knowing that he had seen me.

"Perhaps." I said flipping the menu open.

Carlisle laughed softly.

"What?" I asked looking at him.

"You're cute when jealous."

"I'm not jealous." I defended with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update. I haven't been feeling well and still aren't completely healthy. Updates will be slower than usual until I'm back to my old self again. Sorry.