Status: Active

Hogwarts, A Musical

Third Year, Second Semester Part 3

Third Year, Second Semester Part 3

Joanne shivered from the bitter wintry wind that blew her towards Hogsmeade. She walked faster, trying to find the closest shop so she could warm up for a minute. She started to go into Zonko’s, but the moment she saw Neville laughing with Seamus, she decided to walk a bit farther away. She ran to Madam Puddifoor’s Tea Shoppe, and opened the door. She ordered a gingerbread tea, and sat down in a corner booth where no one would see her. She sipped her tea, and let its flavor warm her heart, which was as cold as she felt.

It’s not like she wanted to be this cold-hearted. She just could never trust another guy for as long as she lived. Not after having sex with Snape, no sir… Never again would she open her heart up to another guy. She cast her heart into an unbreakable, unmeltable metal, and that’s how she planned to live from then on.

She drained the last drops of her tea, and then turned the cup over on her saucer. She lightly tapped the bottom of the cup, and then turned it over. With a gasp of utmost shock, she dropped her cup in her surprise. Her tea leaves resembled Neville Longbottom. “Reparo!” cried Joanne as she fixed the broken cup. She put the cup back on the saucer, and left the shop. She ran back to Hogwarts, tears streaming down her face and soon becoming drops of ice. She wrapped her Ravenclaw scarf more securely around her face, and quickened her pace. She passed The Three Broomsticks, and saw Neville come out with a warm butterbeer. “Joanne? Is that you?” he asked as she passed him by. She began to run, and he chased after her. “Joanne? Joanne!”

She ran faster and faster, and still he chased after her. She didn’t think, she just ran, pushing past the first years, the Hufflepuffs gathering at Honeydukes, and the WANTED: SIRIUS BLACK posters. She ran past the gate that led to a path up to the school, and instead ran into the Forbidden Forest. She knew Neville would never venture there.

She gasped for air, leaning against a tree trunk to regain her breath. She pulled her scarf down from her mouth, and coughed. “Joanne? Where are you?”

She walked behind a huge tree and hid, peering out to find where Neville was. To her amazement, he was actually walking around the forest., looking for her. “Joanne? Why did you run away from me? God… am I really that awkward? Do you really hate me that much?”

She swallowed a huge knot in her throat. She prayed he wouldn’t find her, that he would give up his search and head back to the school. “You know, we aren’t supposed to be in here, but I don’t care. Joanne, come out, I just want to talk to you…”

She shivered as a breeze came, making her hair blow around and ultimately giving her away. “Joanne, please just let me talk to you?”

She gasped, and then whipped out her wand. “Get away from me!” she cried. “I-I don’t want to talk! If you don’t leave I’ll… I’ll…”

“Stutter at me?” said Neville. He also raised his wand and pointed it directly at her. “If I have to, I will subdue you. I’m not completely helpless you know…”

“You sir will not threaten me,” said Joanne, aiming her wand at Neville. “I don’t take threats lightly. Back off!”

“Incarcerous!” bellowed Neville, and Joanne was bound by ropes that shot out of the end of his wand. She screamed, and fell to the floor writhing in her bonds. Soon, a rope appeared around her mouth, and she was muffled. “Sorry, it was the only way. Now, I just wanted to talk to you about something. Why have you been avoiding me?”

Joanne growled, and tried to kick at him, but she could barely move. “Is it because you don’t like me?”

Joanne nodded fiercely. “Why though? Why don’t you like me?” asked Neville. He took off her gag, and she screamed at him.

“BECAUSE YOU GO ON AND BLOODY TIE ME UP!”

“Only because I couldn’t talk to you any other way!” said Neville, throwing up his hands in despair. “I tried to meet up with you after class, and you were always the first one to leave! I tried to talk to you at rehearsals, but you were talking to Autumn and Bekkah. I just wanted to know why… and the reason you just gave is not good enough.”

“Well too bad,” spat Joanne. “Sei pazzo! You are crazy!”

“Yeah, despite it all, I am,” said Neville as he picked Joanne up off the forest floor. “I’m crazy about you…”

She bit her lip, and he untied the ropes that bound her. That one caught her off-guard. Neville crazy about Joanne? Well, maybe he was leading her on. I mean, words are just words right?

“Yeah, right,” said Joanne as she brushed the dirt off of her clothes. “Like I haven’t heard that kind of fake flattery before. You say you’re crazy for me, then you tell me how much you want me, then I give you the night of your life, and then it’s ciao! Don’t let the porta hit you on the way out!”

“I’m not like those guys,” said Neville. “I wouldn’t hurt you like that… But I know a lost cause when I see one. I give up.”

Joanne watched as Neville walked back to the castle, and suddenly Neville began to shout. Joanne’s eyes bulged out of her head as she watched Neville sink into the quicksand several feet in front of her. “NEVILLE!” she screamed. “Oh God… Oh God…” She tried to reach for his hands, but she couldn’t reach him without going into the quicksand herself.

“Quicksand, quicksand… I’ve got it!” shrieked Joanne. “Stop thrashing about! You’ll only sink faster the more you move and panic!”

“Oh great, that calms me now!” said Neville as he continued to sink. He was now in up to his waist. “Get me out please!”

“SOLIDIFY!” shouted Joanne as she made the ground near Neville firm enough so she could try to pull him out. “Take my hand, but make SMALL MOVEMENTS.”

Neville grabbed her hand, and Joanne pulled with all her might. He tried as best as he could to make small movements. She pulled and pulled as hard as she could, and finally she got Neville out of the quicksand. He toppled over, and landed on top of her, breathing as hard as she was. “D-don’t you EVER scare me like that again!” said Joanne as she pulled him into a passionate kiss. “Oh God, Neville… Don’t scare me like that…”

Neville kissed her back, and pulled her on top of him. “Joanne please be my girlfriend?” he asked between kisses. “Please do not deny yourself… Don’t deny yourself love and happiness…”

“No, I can’t,” said Joanne as she pulled away. Neville held her face in his hands. “Please, I just can’t…”

“What are you afraid of?” asked Neville. “Tell me what you’re feeling.”

“I’m afraid of relationships, of rushing into something just so it can burst in my face…” said Joanne. “I’m sorry, but I don’t trust you or any other members of the male species.”

Neville kissed her, and she swooned. “You aren’t helping…”

“Well, we should be together,” said Neville as he got up with her. “After all, we are married, and had a child together.”

“Please,” snorted Joanne. “We play Lord and Lady Montague, and our son Romeo is played by Draco asshole Malfoy. Sounds dysfunctional as fuck.”

“We’re all dysfunctional,” said Neville. “So, are you sure you don’t want to be my girlfriend?”

Joanne sighed, and turned and looked him in the eyes. “I would be honored to be your girlfriend only if you will keep our relationship a secret, as will I.”

“I promise,” said Neville as he kissed her. “Do you want me to walk with you back to your room?”

“I think no one is around,” said Joanne as she looked about. “It’s safe to say that all of the others are in Hogsmeade, so yes, you can walk me back.”

Neville grinned and put his arm around her, and she smiled to herself. She felt a great deal warmer as she walked with him up to the school. Just as they were heading up the Great Hall, they heard Filch’s voice scream, “FILTH! MUDDY TRACKS IN MY NICE CLEAN HALL!”

“Turgio!” whispered Joanne, and the bottoms of both her and Neville’s feet were clean, as well as the floor which they had just sullied. Filch looked around the hall, and then gave a growl and walked away, pleased that his precious floor had been restored back to its original state.

“You are amazing,” whispered Neville. “I’ve never once seen a girl your age do magic that advanced.”

“Hermione can do this,” said Joanne as she ran up the stairs. “She just doesn’t want to everyone to think she’s a showoff. But I say, if the situation calls for it, use it.”

They climbed to the seventh floor, and found the hallway quite empty and quiet. Neville took Joanne’s hand, and the two of them sat in the bay window together. They sat there, kissing for quite a while, when suddenly, she heard footsteps. She kissed him. “I’ve got to go before someone sees us,” said Joanne. “I promise I won’t be so cold to you, or run away from you. I will see you in my dreams, Neville.”

“I will also see you in my dreams,” grinned Neville. Joanne hurried into her dorm room, and threw herself onto her bed. She felt like she could do just about anything. And her unbreakable heart began to shed off that skin of iron, and finally began to beat for the one boy who really did love her.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

BOOM! BOOM! Autumn’s door suddenly crashed to the floor as Joanne, Bekkah, and her twin Trey entered bearing armfuls of presents. “MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!” they bellowed as they jumped on top of her and hugged her. She laughed and kissed Trey on the cheek.

“You didn’t have to blast open the door for crying out loud!” laughed Autumn as Joanne fixed the door with ease.

“Trey insisted on it,” said Bekkah. “Now shut up and open your presents!”

Autumn was so ecstatic with what she got: a Paramore hoodie from Joanne, faded black skinnies and a Slytherin necklace from Bekkah, and assorted magical sweets and some galleons from Trey. She then gave them each their presents: several boxes of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans and a Gryffindor sweater
for Trey, a funky headband and some black and white converse for Bekkah, and Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, and Wuthering Heights for Joanne.

“I think Joanne is having a bookgasm,” said Trey as he noticed how happy Joanne was when she opened up Autumn’s gift. “Frankly, I will never understand her…”

“Oh look, she’s already half way into Jane Eyre!” said Bekkah as she pointed to Joanne who was sitting on the bed and reading. “Oi! Stop reading!”

Bekkah tackled Joanne, and Joanne laughed and marked her place. “Whatever, I’ll pick up where I left off tonight.”

“You mean you aren’t going to the party?” asked Autumn. “Aw, you should! I mean, everyone will be there! Minus Draco of course…”

The room went silent. Draco was an iffy topic, especially since Bekkah was his twin, and that he was still in the hospital with no change in his condition. It was a few weeks ago when Joanne had said that she’d hope somebody would pull the plug on Draco as a joke, and Bekkah, who had heard her loud and clear, ran to her room crying, and didn’t talk to her for days.

“Draco not being there is not going to change my mind,” said Joanne. “I have a date…”

“OOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” said Trey, Bekkah, and Autumn. “With who?”

“Mr. Edward Rochester!” cried Joanne as she hugged her books to her chest.

“HUH?!” said Bekkah and Trey. Autumn laughed hysterically, nearly falling off her bed.

“She means the hot guy in Jane Eyre, the book she’s reading!” laughed Autumn.

“Weirdo,” chuckled Trey. “Oh well, we will be happy to party with you if you change your mind.”

“Yeah, Autumn’s crush Dylan will be there,” said Bekkah, and Autumn elbowed her.

“Shut up!” said Autumn. “I don’t like him.”

“Oh you only just prayed my brother would remain in the hospital until we performed Romeo and Juliet so Dylan could be your Romeo,” said Bekkah as she puckered her lips. “Kiss me, I’m Dylan Zamora! I’m Mr. Hot Lips!”

Autumn shoved a pillow into her face, and everyone burst out laughing.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

It was around seven o’clock at night, and all the students were busy partying in the Great Hall. Most of the teachers were there, although some had gone home to their families for the holidays. Joanne Bellacuore, who was one of the few who was not partying it up, was walking purposefully down the seventh floor corridor dressed in her black robes with her hood up, keeping her face concealed in case anyone recognized her. She looked around, made sure no one was watching, and paced back and forth in front of the Room of Requirement. Soon the door opened, and Neville stood there, waiting for her. “I thought you weren’t going to come,” said Neville.

“I never said I wasn’t,” said Joanne as she lowered her hood, and shook her curls loose. They bounced like little silk brown springs. “I have a present for you…”

She handed him a large red and yellow wrapped box. He opened it, and gasped. Joanne had bought him a Screechsnap, a plant that wriggles and squeaks uncomfortably when given too much dragon dung manure. “I-I don’t know what to say,” said Neville, looking up at her. “How did you know I wanted this?!”

“I took a guess,” said Joanne, blushing. Neville kissed her passionately and hugged her tightly.

“Thank you so much, beautiful,” said Neville. He then took out his wand and pointed it at the wrapped box, and then at Joanne. There was a pop, and Joanne stared at him with her hands on her hips.

“What on earth did you just do?” she asked. Neville took out a small remote, and flipped the tiny switch. “What is that supposed to DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Joanne fell to the floor, overcome with ecstasy. She was breathing hard and crossed her legs to stop feeling this way. “WHAT ON EARTH DID YOU JUST DO TO ME!?” she screamed as she tried to get up.

“Vibrating panties,” grinned Neville. “Glad they work.”

“Oh, you are so dead!” growled Joanne, and then Neville turned the vibrating on up to medium, and Joanne gripped the wall as she was overcome with pleasure. “OH GOD… Mmm, Neville please stop this madness!”

“Why, you seem to be enjoying it,” smirked Neville as he kicked it up to high. Joanne began to moan loudly, and bit her bottom lip trying to control herself.

“OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!” she screamed. “OH GOD!!!!!!!!! NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TURN!!!!!!!!! IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

He turned it off, and she stood there, panting and sweating. “Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did,” said Neville.

“You disgust me,” she said as she ran a shaky hand through her hair. “Ti disgusto!”

“But I was trying to be funny,” said Neville as he tried to put his arms around her. She shrugged him off coldly.

“Ragazzo ripugnante!” she spat. “Foul boy! Who do you think I am? What do you take me for? Che pensi?”

“I-I thought you would like it,” he said quietly.

“Allora!” shrieked Joanne. “I don’t know what you thought I would like, but per tuo informazione, I am not that type of girl! How dare you be suggestive to me!”

“I-I’m sorry, please forgive me?” said Neville, trying to console her.

“I can see I should have been studying rather than be with you,” she said harshly. “Che perdita di tempo! What a waste of time!” And she walked out of the Room of Requirement, slamming the door in Neville’s face.

Tears began to force their way down Neville’s face as he took out a beautiful sapphire heart necklace inlaided with diamonds. He threw it to the floor in his anger, and cursed himself for listening to Rosie’s advice. He knew Joanne was a pristine, prudish type. Why did he have to take it to that level of uncomfortablity? He sniffed, and put the necklace back into its blue velvet box. He’d just have to pray that she would eventually come around.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

While all the action was concentrated at Hogwarts School of Drama Between Witches and Wizards, Draco Malfoy was hanging on by a mere thread at St. Mungo’s. His H7N7 virus had now spread to his lungs, making him cough up a lot of glittery dust and spit up blood. Time was ticking, and still the doctors were looking for a cure.

“My baby… My poor son!” sobbed Narcissa as she stroked his blond hair. He lay in his hospital bed asleep and on oxygen. Lucious was at work, so Narcissa had come with Bekkah to visit him.

“He looks…” Bekkah started, but then failed to complete. She burst into tears. “Oh God, please let them find a cure! The stupid play is going to be performed soon, and I want you to be in it Draco! Please get well! I don’t know what the world would be like without you in it!”

Draco didn’t move. Nothing changed. It was how it had been for the past month. Narcissa and Bekkah held each other and sobbed, and then their worst nightmare happened; Malfoy went into cardiac arrest.

“NURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” screamed Narcissa as she watched her son have a seizure. Draco began to flail around in his bed, and within mere seconds, nurses came into the room.

“DRACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” screamed Bekkah as the nurses began to do CPR on him. “DON’T LEAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger! Know you love it as well as I do!