Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Thirteen

[Jess]

"You gave him another chance? Even after what happened?" Erica asked from the chair next to mine. Kelsey, Erica, Chloe, and myself were all in a salon in Times Square on our girls day out. Against our better judgement, and every instinct that was telling me to cancel, Kelsey and I were meeting the guys later on tonight for dinner, and I decided to get girlied up for it. We invited Erica and Chloe for a day of shopping and other girl stuff.

"I guess I had to, even without Kelsey to convince me." I admitted.

"But why?" Chloe asked from next to Kelsey, who was on my other side.

"We have history with all of them. They were different then, believe me. Being the only girls in a group of guys, we were like a family, because God knows my family situation was less than perfect. I think it's a shock to them how they show up to see us and we can't take the time to be with them properly. That's what tonight is about." I explained.

"So if you knew them for so long and tonight's about picking up where you left off, why are you insisting on getting your hair and nails done and buying a dress?" Chloe asked.

"I can't resist it." I grinned.

"She and Bam were an item for while, and it's kind of a 'you forgot this?!' revenge thing Jess has planned." Kelsey piped up.

"You were together?" Erica's jaw dropped open.

"Summer of junior year and half of senior year. We broke it off when he moved." I sighed.

"Was he your first kiss?" Chloe asked, seriousness in her dark green eyes as she pushed her honey-blonde hair behind her ears.

"Yeah. I think that's why I had to give him another chance. We had something special back then." I sighed.

"You want it back, don't you?" Kelsey asked. I looked into the city, bathed in early summer-late spring sunshine, and sighed.

"Part of me does. But the other part of me knows it might end horribly. What if he goes back to the person he was last night?" I blew on my dark purple, black tipped nails.

"You're gonna look like such a goddess that he'll forget his own name, Jess, trust me." Erica grinned.

-Later-

At the salon, I had also gotten my hair done. Not too much, though. I liked my hair the way it was, naturally wavy, even though the woman did straighten it after washing it. Then someone else did my makeup: dark brown eyeliner, silver and light purple eyeshadow, dark brown mascara, and a light gloss.

Kelsey and I were in my room back in my apartment. While we were at the salon, Kelsey had gotten her hair done too, and it was curled, cascading onto her shoulders and down her back. I was doing her makeup, because she always complained that nobody but me knew how to do it.

I set down the lip gloss as the clock ticked to six.

"Ready?" Kelsey asked. We did a final once-over of ourselves in the mirror on my closet door.

I took a deep breath and nodded as we left the apartment.

[Bam]

"You think they'll show?" We were sitting down in the restaraunt that Kelsey and Jess had directed us to.

"Dude, relax. Is your jacket buttoned too tight?" Dico rolled his eyes. We were all dressed up, none of us in suits, but nobody was in jeans, either.

"Wait! Is that them?" Dunn pointed out the window, to where two girls were getting out of a cab. The shorter of the two, in a black dress, tossed her hair behind her shoulder as she straightened up.

"Oh. My. God." Raab whispered as the taller girl got out. My jaw dropped open in surprise.

"One word: Damn." Novak closed his mouth.

I had two words:

Fucking. Hot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jess's outfit
Kelsey's outfit

see? i kept my promise! ill update this tomorrow morning, too!