Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Hey! You have a baby bump!

Brendon's P.O.V.

“Yeah, we'll be home soon. Brendon just had to get a cast on his arm,” Ryan said into the phone as I sat in the passenger seat, staring out the window. “Okay, bye baby. I'll see you soon.”

“Bye Pete!” I yelled just before Ryan snapped the phone shut.

“Quit picking at it. I'm not taking you back to the hospital to have a cast put back on. Especially since you just had it put on,” he told me and I took my hand away from the material.

“Sorry,” I muttered, looking back out the window.

“What's wrong with you?” he asked and I shrugged.

“My arm hurts,” I lied.

“No shit, you broke it. But that's not what's really bothering you, right?” he asked and I continued staring out the window.

“She hasn't called,” I told him.

“Who hasn't?”

“Um, my wife. Don't you think she would have called by now?”

“Yeah. But don't worry about it, dude, you'll see here soon,” he told me and I tried nodding, only hitting my head against the glass. “Ouch,” I whined, making Ryan laugh.

We pulled in the driveway to see Pete sitting on the porch, making me curious as to why he wasn't inside.

“Hey,” Ryan said, leaning down to give him a kiss. “Where is everybody?”

“They left a little bit ago,” Pete answered.

“Where's Cali?” I asked him and he nodded towards the house.

“She inside. She said she was tired and went upstairs. Actually, she seemed kind of upset,” he told me and I felt concerned.

“What are you doing out here, then?” Ryan asked him and he shrugged.

“Got bored. You said you would be home soon, so I came out and waited for you,” Pete answered and Ryan nodded.

“You wanna head home? I'm getting a little tired myself,” Ryan asked him and he nodded, giving him a small kiss on the lips before standing up. “Okay, Bren, I'll see you later. Possibly tomorrow.”

“Yeah, bye, dude,” I said, standing up to give him a hug and turning to give one to Pete. “Bye, man.”

“Bye,” he said and they turned to walk down the sidewalk, towards the car. I opened my door and went straight up the stairs, towards mine and Cali's room. I opened the door to see the light still on, but a figure in the big bed. I walked over and crawled in the bed, careful to keep my left arm up so as not to hit it. Cali was turned toward the opposite direction I was, and I sat on my knees while leaning over her, trying to see her face. Her eyes were closed, but the movements of her body were telling me she wasn't asleep.

“Cali, sweetie, open your eyes,” I told her, but she didn't. “Baby, I know you're awake.”

She turned a bit so she was lying on her back, opening her eyes to look at me. I leaned down and kissed her softly, determined to make this kiss last a couple minutes. She smiled lightly when I pulled away, giggling and running her hand across my cheek.

“What's the matter, babe?” I asked her and she played with my hair.

“Are you mad at me?” she asked softly and I furrowed my eyebrows.

“No. Why would I be mad at you, sweetie?”

“I broke your arm,” she answered extremely quietly and I laid down with her.

“You didn't break my arm, Cali. We were just playing around and I fell,” I told her.

“Yeah, because I pushed you,” she answered and I shook my head.

“I didn't fall because you pushed me. I stumbled and tripped over the dog, then fell down a couple stairs. Me being a klutz is not your fault,” I told her.

“But you acted so mad when you walked out the door. You didn't even wait for me, I would have gone to the hospital with you,” she answered.

“I'm sorry, baby, I didn't realize you would want to. I know you're really not big on hospitals,” I apologized.

“No, I'm not. But my husband was hurt, I'd rather be there with him than sit at home and wait for news,” she told me and I nodded.

“I'm sorry,” I apologized again. “I didn't mean for you to be upset. I'm fine, though. I just got this pretty black cast put on my arm for eight weeks,” I told her, lifting my left arm to show her.

“Oh, so cute,” she said sarcastically. She reached her arm out and touched the hard cast that covered my forearm. “Does it hurt?”

“Kind of. It itches like fuck, mostly,” I told her and she nodded. “Anyway, how's baby?” I asked, placing my hand on her stomach.

“I think she's upset, too,” she told me and I frowned.

“Awe, I'm sorry, baby,” I said, leaning down and kissing her stomach softly. “Hey! You have a baby bump!”

“Did you just notice that?” Cali asked, laughing.

“Kinda,” I answered, running my fingers over her lower stomach where my baby was. “You said 'she', is it a girl?”

“I don't know. It just slipped out,” she told me and I nodded.

“So you don't know?”

“No. I won't know for another couple of months. And you'll be there, of course,” she told me and I nodded.

“I want a girl,” I told her as she snuggled into my chest.

“Really?” she yawned.

“Yeah,” I answered.

“Me too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm honestly trying to get updates more regular, but it's hard with school. It seems like I only have time on the weekends.

Comments would be really nice, guys.