Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Sorry.

Ryan's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and groaned as the bright light shone into my bedroom window. I dragged my tired body out of bed and shut the blinds before collapsing back on the bed and grabbing a pillow, loving the smell of Pete's cologne wafting off of it. Even through the time I had been so pissed off at him, his belongings were part of what brought me so much comfort. The only ways I've really slept these past couple of nights was with something of his. The night of the "incident", as I have called it, I slept with his hoodie. And then yesterday I snuck into our room and stole his pillow.

I wanted to talk to him, I knew I needed to, but every time I saw him I was reminded of what happened and got angry again. I was determined to talk to him today though, and not let me fucked up thoughts get in my way either.

I heard my bedroom door open but the aching in my head and stomach kept me from lifting my head up to see who it was.

"Hey, Ry." Someone said and I wasn't sure who it was. I still refused to look up and my throbbing hangover kept me from concentrating too hard on deciphering the voice. I figured it was just Brendon anyway. "You okay?"

"No." I answered simply and I heard feet walk closer to the bed.

"Can I ask, why'd you do it?" They asked and I sighed. It had to be Brendon.

"Because every things been so fucked up the last couple days, I needed to get out of here and clear my head. But now I see that was a huge mistake and I'm paying greatly for it, thank you very much." I said before he could shove it in my face that getting wasted probably wasn't the best way to clear one's head.

"Okay. Just... there's a couple of aspirins here on the dresser for you, and a water bottle. For when you get up." He told me and then I heard the door open and shut again. I waited a couple of minute before forcing myself to get out of the bed and go take the wonderful aspirin waiting for me on the other side of the room. I wearily walked over and popped them into my mouth before washing it down with the clear liquid.

"Never again." I muttered sighing and searched through the room to find a clean pair of clothes. I found a clean shirt and boxers and then jeans that I'm pretty sure were clean. I turned around and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. I stripped out of my t-shirt and boxers and stepped in under the warm spray of water. I switched on the little water-proof shower radio I had put in there. It took me a minute to find a station that wasn't all static and then left it alone to take an actual shower. I turned around and grabbed the shampoo and soaped up my hair before relaxing under the spray again. I listened to the music that was playing and it came to a song that I had heard about a million times over the last couple days and loved. The song that brought tears to my eyes and made me cry out for Brendon on Halloween. I turned the music up a little louder and listened to it.

"Oh I had a lot to say
Was thinking on my time away
I missed you and things weren't the same
'Cause everything inside it never comes out right
And when I see you cry it makes me wanna die.

I'm sorry I'm bad, I'm sorry you're blue
I'm sorry about all the things I said to you
And I know I can't take it back
I love how you kiss, I love all your sounds
And baby the way you make my world go 'round
And I just wanted to say I'm sorry.

This time I think I'm to blame
It's harder to get through the days
We get older and blame turns to shame
'Cause everything inside it never comes out right
And when I see you cry it makes me wanna die.

I'm sorry I'm bad, I'm sorry you're blue
I'm sorry about all the things I said to you
And I know I can't take it back
I love how you kiss, I love all your sounds
And baby the way you make my world go 'round
And I just wanted to say I'm sorry.

Every single day I think about how we came all this way
The sleepless nights and the tears you cried
It's never too late to make it right
Oh yeah sorry

I'm sorry I'm bad, I'm sorry you're blue
I'm sorry about all the things I said to you
And I know I can't take it back
I love how you kiss, I love all your sounds
And baby the way you make my world go 'round
And I just wanted to say I'm sorry.
I'm sorry baby.
I'm sorry baby, Yeah.
I'm sorry."

The song ended and I sighed. It hadn't made me cry this time, just a little sad. It made me wanna talk to Pete more than anything though. I started to wash up quickly and got out of the shower reaching for a towel. I noticed I needed to shave because I was starting to get a little beard, but I was going to have to do that later. I pulled my clothes on and then walked out of the room and down the stairs to see Hurley and Joe sitting there, Joe with Andy in his lap and Cali was curled up in the chair sleeping, but no sign of Pete. I walked in the kitchen and then heard Brendon and Patrick talking.

"I don't know, it's just not healthy to let him sit by himself all day, and for him to go out and get drunk like that. And they're both just moping around. Something needs to happen." I heard Patrick say as I walked in the room.

"Aw, Trick, you don't have to worry about me. I'm fine." I told him and he jumped when I walked up behind him. "Hey, Bren."

"Huh?" He asked looking up at me.

"Where's Pete?" I asked not finding him in the kitchen either.

"He went for a walk after he took up that aspirin for you."

"That was him? I thought it was you." I said and he shook his head.

"Pete said he would do it. And then he came back down and said he was going for a walk. He left, like, a twenty minutes ago."

"Do you know where he went?" I asked looking for my jacket and shoes.

"No, but he can't be very far. Why?"

"I wanna talk to him." I said pulling my shoes on and then grabbing my phone and turned it on. "I'll be back." I said and walked out the door. I walked down the street and tried to decide where to look for him. I kept walking until there was a little park where Spencer and I used to play at when we were kids. I saw a figure sitting on one of the swings in a black hoodie with the hood over his head and his eyes fixed on the brown earth beneath him and smiled before walking over to him. I was about two feet away from him and he never looked up at all.

"Aren't you a little big for the swings?" I asked and he looked up ready with a smart remark.

"Never. Remember, I'm never gonna grow up?" He asked smiling at me wearily.

"Sorry, I forgot." I told him.

"So, what are you doing here?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I needed to talk to you. And to see you. And apologize." I told him.

"You don't have to apologize for anything. I'm the one who did you wrong."

"Well, I've been a huge ass lately, I can apologize for that."

"No, you don't have to. I deserved it. I'm sorry for doing that. I don't know what happened. I'm sorry for drinking the drink even after you told me not to, and I should have let you take help me that night. I'm sorry, Ryan, I didn't-" He said and I shut him up by putting my fingers to his lips.

"Pete, it's okay. I forgive you. Stop apologizing. You don't need to anymore, okay?" I said with my hand underneath his chin and tilting his head up towards me. He nodded and I smiled. "Good. I love you Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz."

He smiled before replying. "I love you, too, George Ryan Ross." He said and I kissed his lips. He wrapped his arms around me and tried to pull me down on his lap. I tried to maneuver my body to straddle him as he sat on the swing underneath me, and it worked for a minute before one of the chains at the top broke and we fell down to the ground with a thud. I giggled and he groaned, whining about his ass. I got off of him and pulled him to his feet.

"Come one, before someone sees us and we have to pay for that broken swing." I said grabbing his hand and guiding him away from the swing set. We were almost out of the park when he spun me back around and pressed his lips back to mine. He kissed me for a minute then pulled away grinning widely again.

"I missed that." He told me moving a bang out of my face and I smiled too.

"So did I." We walked back down the street hand in hand and I looked at my phone. "It's only twelve. You wanna go do something before we go home?"

"Like what?"

"We could go to the movies or something like that." I said and he nodded.

"Sure. But shouldn't we call back to the house and let them know what we're doing?"

"Nahh, let's let 'em worry." I told him and he laughed,

"Oh, you're so bad!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so it might not be the confrontation you expected, but it's good, right?

Comments!!

Song is Sorry by Buckcherry.