Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 37

Friday, the start of a long weekend, meant I that I was able to sleep in for awhile. Eventually, around midday, I crawled out of bed, rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes. There were suitcases by the front door when I got to the bottom of the staircase in our entrance room, and I proceeded to the kitchen to find some breakfast.

“There you are sleepy head, I thought you were gonna sleep all day.” Mum smiled as I entered the room.
“Oh great.” I replied, rolling my eyes. “I thought you were finally leaving.”
“Well, eat quickly, and go upstairs and pack your things.” She said, ignoring my comment.
“What?”
“We’re going on a trip kiddo.” said Dad, entering the room.
“Since when?”
“Since your father got the long weekend off. We thought we’d go up and stay at the old lake house.” Mum smiled.
“Dad!” I protested, looking over at him. “We haven’t been to the lake house in years!”
“That’s exactly why we’re going.” he smiled. “You loved the lake house.”
“Yeah, when I was young, but wouldn’t it be all mouldy and old by now?”
“Of course not” He laughed. “People have been living in it, so it’s been taken care of. They’ve agreed to stay somewhere else for the weekend, so we can stay there.”
“What if I don’t wanna go?”
“Jackie, we’re going as a family, no objections.” Dad said sternly.
“Can I at least bring a friend?”
“No. I said we’re going as a family, and that means just family.” He said. “Now go pack your things.”

I groaned, but did as I was told and went upstairs to pack. I packed my diary, some CD’s, books, basically anything that would keep me occupied and cooped up in my room so I wouldn’t have to speak to Mum when we were there. As I finished packing, I dialed Frank’s number.

“Hey.” He answered.
“Listen, I’m gonna be away for the weekend, my parents are making me go on a stupid family trip.” I groaned.
“Don’t be so negative, babe. Spend some time with your Mum, she really does seem like all she wants is a chance.”
I rolled my eyes at that. “Yeah, whatever.”
“Jackie…”
“No, it’s fine; I’ll see you when I get home.” I said, and hung up.

I was about to go downstairs when I realized that while I was gone Gerard was in danger of being beaten by his father again. I couldn’t let that happen, but I couldn’t get out of this trip without telling my parents about it, and it wasn’t my business to tell. I decided to call Mikey.

“Jackie, hey!” Mikey answered cheerily.
“Hey Mikey.”
“Wassup?”
“I just wanted to let you know I’m going away with my parents for the weekend, and I wanted to ask you a favor.”
“Sure thing, what?”
“Look after Gerard for me? And if anything happens to him, call me, and I’ll find a way to come back home.”
“Of course. Dad’s passed out at the moment, as usual. But I’ll try to keep Gerard out of the house, if he’s not here, then there’s less chance of Dad beating him.”
“Great. Thanks Mikey, I appreciate it.” I smiled, even though he couldn’t see it.
“Anytime.” He replied.
“I’ll see you guys when I get back then.”
“Sure, try to have fun. Bye.” Mikey snickered.

I zipped up my bag, and took a long look around my room. I sighed, this was bullshit, I didn’t want to go on this trip, but I had no choice. Mum and Dad were already waiting in the car when I got outside, and I threw my suitcase into the trunk of the car, before getting in and slamming the door. I locked in my seatbelt, and folded my arms, a pout on my face.

“Come on, there’s no need for that.” Mum said.

I rolled my eyes, and pulled my MP3 out of my pocket, putting the earphones in my ears and drowning her out with Blindside…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's back.
I know updates have been quiet for awhile, I've been trying to work a little more on my other stories, but seeing as that's going nowhere, I figured I'd get back to this one.
Just so you all know though, once it gets up to Chapter 40 I'm taking a break from it for a bit, cuz I really do need to work on my other stories some more.

Let's see if we can get up to 40 comments???

Comment and subscribe :)

xXShazzaXx