Status: Rewriting the chapters. So please be patience. Story will continue soon :)

Why Can't We Be Together

I Give You This Smile

I have came to the conclusion that Mikey likes me and I know he does. He told me he likes me. I mean the whole kissing thing was a give away kind of. After we finally got through the movie,Mikey and I decided to go to the park for a little while.

"Oh I remember this park. My mom use to take Gerard and I here to play."he exclaimed. I took a seat on the swings and started to push myself back and forth.

"Same here. You want to get on the swing with me?" Mikey smiled and sat on my lap. I wrapped my arms around his waist while he held onto the chains. I leaned on head on his shoulders,I heard him giggle.

"This is fun and its a nice day today too. I'm glad I called you and asked you to hang out with me. Imagine how boring school would have been."

"True. Hey whats up with Gerard. I thought you said he never drives his car to school. I didn't see it this morning when I came over."

"He skipped school too. Said something about hanging out with a friend." he said. I wonder who this friend is. We'll find out sooner or later. I managed to press my lips against Mikey's temple. He turned his head and smiled at me. "You have beautiful eyes. Has anyone ever told you that."he asked me,pressing his lips lightly against mine. He placed his hand on the back of my head and pressed his lips against mine even more. The kiss didn't last that long because of the area we were in. We don't need angry parents yelling at us cause their kids ask why were two guys kissing each other.

"Not here." I whispered.

"I understand,"he replied,kissing me on the cheek. We continued to swing back and forth slowly,watching as the people walked by. All of them gave us weird looks. I really don't cause I'm use to all of this but maybe Mikey isn't.

"Are you ready to head back home?" I asked,stopping the swing.

"I guess but can we stay for a few more minutes." I nodded,leaning down kissing his neck. He tensed up under my touch.

"I'm not going to bite you." I whispered.

"I know. Sorry if I made you think that." He turned his head to get a better look at me. "Do it again, I like it." I started to kiss his neck again as he threw his head back.

"Go to hell you sick bastards."a man shouted from afar. Mikey and I jumped up instantly backing away from the swings slowly. The man walked towards us,shouting rude and horrible things at us. "You foul creature." He pointed at me,shouting again.

"Get behind me."Mikey said quietly. I hid behind him quickly,taking a hold of his hand.

"That creature shouldn't be allowed outside. His kind should be locked up in cages. They are a danger to our world."

"Its their world too you know and not all of them should be put in cages. There are vampires out there that kind and won't hurt humans unless it's necessary. And why are you even over here in the first place. We aren't bothering anyone here. We're just minding our own business and you just come running over here shouting at us."Mikey said angrily.

"Stop trying to stick up for that horrible creature."

"Well it isn't his fault that he was born that way. It wasn't his choice to be a vampire." Mikey embraced me in his arms,hugging me tightly. I buried my face in his chest. The man picked up a rock from the ground and threw it at us.

"Get out of here. Your not welcomed to this park."

"Maybe you shouldn't be welcomed. Look at what you're doing to us. Come on Frank,let's go home. We'll come back to the park later."he whispered in my ear.

"Okay." I muttered. We started to walk away from the man but he just had to open his mouth again.

"I'm going to call the police if I see that monster here again. They're going to shoot him in the heart and kill him. You hear me. He will be killed." Mikey stopped in his tracks and spun around.

"Mikey don't." I held onto his shirt,trying to stop him from pulling away. He walked to the man and mumbled a few words.

"If I ever hear that you hurt him I will kill you myself. So shut the hell up."he said bitterly. After that I saw the man fall to the ground. Mikey had punched him straight in the face. "Stay away from me and him you hear. Let's go Frank." Mikey rushed pass me,pulling me along. I glanced over my shoulder to see the guy rubbing his face.

We returned back to his house and resumed to the living room. I sat down on the couch while Mikey stormed around the house cursing at everything. I was too stunned to speak or do anything. Before long he had calmed down and plopped on the couch next to me.

"Mikey are you okay?" I asked.

"What a jackass." he mumbled. He turned towards me and pecked my lips. "Please don't listen to him. You don't deserve to be put in a cage. You're so sweet and adorable and I can't imagine you hurting anyone."

"Thanks for the compliment and thanks for caring about me, I really appreciate it. I've never had a human care for me the way you do." I told him. He smiled and kissed me on the forehead before pulling me on his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his nose. He giggled and kissed my nose.

"You're so cute." he giggled," I could lay here with you all day and night."

"That can be arranged."I smirked as I leaned back taking him down with me. Mikey was now laying on top of me staring straight down at my eyes. I couldn't help but smile. "I love you." I said quietly that he couldn't possible have heard what I said. He buried his head in the crook of my neck and sighed.

We stayed like that for awhile before I realized that he had fallen asleep which I didn't mind at all. I played with his hair the whole time. I ran my fingers through his brown hair,it was so soft and smelt good in my opinion. I wonder what shampoo does he use. I traced my index finger along his face,running it over his cute nose. I was enjoy this moment. I just love watching him sleep. He looked so innocent and peacefully.

I hooked my finger under his chin and lifted his head up slightly,trying not to wake him. I stared at his soft pink lips wanting to feel them against mine once more. I leaned down and gently kissed him. It would be perfect if he kissed back but he was sleeping. I rolled over on my side and draped my arm over his waist,pulling him closer to me. I was about to kiss him once more but I heard a car door shut then a voice. I could tell it was a woman;s voice and not a guy. It must be his mom but I swear she wasn't suppose to come home until Friday. I shook Mikey to wake him up.

"Mikey wake up." I said,shaking him a few more times.

"Uh..."he groaned,his grip on me tighten like I was being pulled away from him.

"Someone's coming." I whispered. That's when he decided to get up.

"Shit I got to hide you. Hurry to my room."he said quickly. I followed Mikey upstairs to his room. "Hide in the closet. Stay in there until I come back for you." I nodded and rushed to the closet as he pulled down the shade to the window. "Don't make any noises." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. I shut the door and curled up in a ball. The bedroom door shut and I heard his footsteps fade.

I have to get out of here before she suspects something. I could text Mikey and tell him I left through the window. As I pulled the door aside, I barely see. The room was pitch dark,damn those powers I don't have yet. I wish my birthday would get here fast enough. And why is his room so dark,its still light outside. I took baby steps as I made my way across the room. Carefully I reached out in front of me thinking I found the window but it wasn't. I bumped the lamp and it crashed to the floor.

"Shit." I mumbled. I hope they didn't hear that from downstairs. I managed to find the window and fumbled with the shade. I finally got it up but I fell to the floor,cowering in the corner. The sun was shining directly on me and it hurt so bad. My skin was burning like I was on fire. I curled up into a ball,trying my best from getting hit by the sun. The light was like a inch from me. Why is this happening? I reached up around my neck to see if my necklace was there but it wasn't.

"I'm telling you there's no one up here. I must have left the window open and a breeze must have blown something over.

"Mikey,tell me the truth. Were you doing the dirty with Alicia?" Wow she's worse then my mom. " I won't be mad....hopefully you used some common sense and used protection.

"What! No Alicia is not here."Mrs.Way slightly squinted her eyes. Mikey sighed,"I really mean it. Alicia isn't here....and I did use protect when we you know."he mumbled.

"Well someone is here because there are three book bags downstairs by the door. One is yours and Gerard's but who's the other belong too." We should have hide my bag but we weren't thinking. Their voices were getting closer and I knew they were coming in this room any second.

"Mom come on don't go in there. I haven't cleaned it yet and its a mess. Let me clean my room first then you can come in there."Mikey suggested. I could tell he was panicking.

"Michael James Way calm down. I'm going in that room if you like it or not." I saw the door knob turn and the door opened. His mom gasped,covering her hand over her mouth. Mikey rushed over to me.

"Are you okay?Your eyes,their red."he said,kneeling down next to me.

"My arm it hurts." I whimpered. Mikey picked up my injured arm and looked at it.

"This doesn't look good. Aren't you suppose to heal?"

"Y-Yeah but for situations like this I need blood."

"Is he a vampire?"Mrs.Way asked,still standing by the door. Mikey was looking around for my necklace. It must have fell off when I tried to get out the window.

"Yes mom. Help me look for his necklace. He needs it to go out in the sun, without it he'll burn." Mikey looked under his bed and all over the floor. "Mom please!" She stepped more into the room and looked around.

"It could be in the closet." I mumbled. Mikey nodded.

"Mom checked the closet for me. That's where he hide when we heard you come in." Mrs.Way rushed to the closet and started to throw out clothes. "Frank,I'm going to close the shade and help you to the bed. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah." Mikey quickly closed the shade making sure no sunlight was coming in and helped me over to the bed. I sat down holding my injured arm. There was no sign of healing anytime soon unless I can get home and get some blood. I pulled out my cell and texted Bob.

Hey I need your help. Can you come and get me from Mikey's house. I pressed send and sighed.

"Is this it?"Mrs.Way said,holding up a silver necklace.

"Yes. Give it to me so I can put it back on him."Mikey said,holding out his hand. Mrs.Way looked over at me then Mikey.

"He won't attack us right."she whispered.

"No. I know him from school so I trust him."Mikey replied. She stepped towards me. What is she doing? I pushed myself away.

"Mikey."I whimpered.

"Mom what are you doing?"he asked. Mrs. Way sat on the bed next to me and clipped on my necklace.

"That doesn't look so good. Mikey,take him to the bathroom so I can tend to that burn."she demanded. Mrs.Way got up and left the room. I stood up and hugged Mikey tightly.

"I thought you said your parents hated vampires." I whispered,pushing Mikey away slightly. He started to pout but I gave him a kiss. "My arm. It still hurts."

"You need blood right." I nodded,sitting back down on the bed.

"But I called Bob to have him pick me up. I need to get home and take care of this."

"Oh. I could have taken you home myself."he said sadly. I sighed and pulled out my cell. I received a text from Bob.

What happened? Are you okay? Did Mikey hurt you? That son of a bitch. I'm going to rip his head off. This doesn't sound good. Bob thinks Mikey hurt me which isn't is fault. I responded back.

Mikey didn't do anything so calm down. His mom came home early and I was still in the house. In the process of hiding my necklace fell off and I got burnt badly. Mikey is taking good care of me while I'm waiting for you. I sent the message, "I just saved your ass." I told Mikey. His eyes widen. "Bob thought you did something to me but I told him you didn't." He sighed in relief as his mom returned to the room.

"Okay Frank. I'm going to wrap up that arm of yours." She put the first aid kit on the bed and lifted up my arm slowly. I hissed causing her to send me glares.

"Sorry." I apologized. I used my free hand to take out my cell. "Mikey,can you do me a favor. Send a text to Bob again and tell him the address. I forgot to tell him where I am." He took the phone from me.

"Who's Bob?"Mrs.Way asked.

"One of my friends. He's going to take me home so I can get some blood. I'm really sorry for causing all this chaos." I just had to try to leave. Now that I think about it I should have stayed put. If I never had tried to leave then my necklace would have never came off and she wouldn't have known I was here.

"No its my fault. This wouldn't have happened if I asked you to come over."Mikey said sadly,handing me back my cell. I placed my hand on his cheek. He held his over mine.

"I say its mine because I should have waited for you to return." He nodded,and moved out the way for his mom to wrap up my arm.

The door bell soon rang and Mikey said he'd be right back. Once he was gone,his mother spoke up.

"Are you going out with my son?"she asked,staring me straight in the eyes.

"N-No. We're just friends I swear."

"Well whats with the whole thing with the hand on my son's cheek. That doesn't look like what a friend would do to another friend."she said,squinting her eyes.

"I-I do that to e-everyone. Would there be a problem if I was your son's boyfriend?" I need to know the answer if Mikey and I would to become boyfriends.

"I just don't want Mikey to get hurt. His father is against the whole gay thing and to add it on your a vampire. This is only going to hurt Mikey if he finds out." She was right. If his father ever finds out Mikey is gay and dating a human he'll probably be sent away. I'll never be able to see him again.

"I promise you. There is nothing going between me and Mikey." I lied. Mrs.Way closed the kit and smiled.

"That should hold until you get home." I thanked her and slowly walked downstairs. Bob was waiting for me at the front door.

"Hey Frank you ready to go."he asked. Mikey was sitting on the couch looking upset. I walked over to Bob and told him to wait for me in the car. I sat down next to Mikey. I lifted up his head so we were eye level with each other.

"Whats wrong?"

"Your leaving aren't you." I was confused, at the words he just spoke. That's the reason Bob is here. I need to leave to go home.

"What do you mean? I have to go home to get blood."I replied.

"No I mean your leaving me. I bet this is the last time you'll hang out with me because of what happened today."he burst into tears. This is the first time I've ever really seen Mikey break down like this.

"Ssh its going to be okay. I'm not leaving you. I'll come back later after I feel better. I promise and please don't cry." I kissed him on the forehead.

"O-Okay. I love you Frankie."he whispered. I froze. Did he just say what I thought he just said. He did not just say I love you Frankie. He even used my nickname. All I could do was smile. Those four words just took me by surprise.

"I'll see you later Mikey." I quickly got to Bob's car and we home. As we got near to my house I couldn't stop thinking about what Mikey just told me. I mean when I said it earlier he didn't hear me but he said out loud for me to hear. Does he really mean it?Does he really love me just after he broke up with his girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
so how is everyone doin :)....its goin to probably take me awhile to write up chp.18 cause Ive been really tired,havent been sleeping well....i blame that darn paranormal activity or whatever its called.that movie freaked me out. but i'll try to hurry up

thanks for the comments:

FluorescentChaos
TheChazmanianDevil
xXRipMyHeartOpenXx
Lawlipop
SuperBat
xmydecemberx
Dr. Mrs. Vandertramp

Title credit-Panic at the disco-When the day met the night (Brenny bear <3)