Status: Rewriting the chapters. So please be patience. Story will continue soon :)

Why Can't We Be Together

Sound Effects and Overdramatics

Something is very wrong here. I don't know if he's sick or just going crazy---I think I'll go with choice two. I watched as Gerard giggles at his cell phone. Yup he has gone crazy. I nudge Mikey in his side to get his attention.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked Mikey,watching as Gerard giggles at his cell phone again. Mikey glances over at his older brother and shrugs. "Gerard,you okay." He closed his phone and grinned.

"I'm fine. Why you ask?"he beamed. He was kind of creeping me out now. This didn't start up until Bert left this morning. I think something is going on between them. I mean after the movie went off we decided to go to sleep since we had school today. Gerard thought it would be a good idea if Bert spent the night so he did. Now I wonder what were they doing down there all alone in the basement....ewww. Mikey didn't mind but he made sure to lock the door. We didn't want his father to come in and see me with my necklace on which I had to put on.

"You're acting all weird. You're gigging and laughing at the phone. It's like you kill someone." I said,taking a quick sip of blood. Since Mikey and have become real close friends,he isn't sicken by the blood.

Mikey suddenly sighed dramatically,"Please don't tell me you did." Gerard wiggled his eyebrows and smiled.

"Maybe."I smacked myself on the forehead. Who did he kill?Mikey looked horrified.

"You serious!?!?! Please tell me your joking. Great my brother is a murderer now. What's next,you're going to rape me in my sleep?"he complained.

"Maybe."Gerard said,licking his lips. "I mean you look hot my dear brother. I might have to get mom and dad out the house so I can have my way with you." Oh my god,no he didn't.

"U-um that's so creepy on so many levels. You officially scare me now."Mikey said,giving his brother this weird look. Gerard scooted over one chair and wrapped his arm around Mikey's waist. I saw him tense up and giving me the "uh-can-you-help-me" look.

"Sorry Mikey that's you're brother not mine. Plus I'm trying to get on his good side. Remember he doesn't trust me that much yet." I pointed out. Gerard nodded. Since I've been hanging out with Mikey a lot,Gerard has loosen up a bit around me. I can tell he still has second thoughts about me but he's talking to me though.

"Now where we're we you sexy beast."Gerard whispered seductively. I never seen Mikey get up that fast in my life. He shrieked before jumping onto my lap. I wrapped my arms around him in a protective way.

"Save me."he said,burying his face in my chest.

"No incest for you." I told Gerard. He pouted and whined a little as he held out his arms towards Mikey.

"He's mine."he whined. I rolled my eyes. Only if he knew. Mikey is mine and will always be so in your face. "Fine you can have him for the day but that's it. Remember Mikey,I'm coming for you tonight." I laughed at Mikey's facial expression. I'm sorry to burst his bubble but Mikey is technically mine. Even though I haven't asked to be my boyfriend yet,we have confessed our love for each other and that's one step closer to being boyfriends. I might ask him soon cause I don't want another guy stealing my Mikey from me.

I made sure no one was looking nor Gerard and kissed Mikey. He giggled,turning a bright red.

"I love you."he mumbled.

"I love you too."

Mikey got back in his seat and started to eat his lunch again and Gerard went back to giggling and smiling at his phone. It was like nothing never happened and it got silent. Don't get me wrong it's very loud in the cafeteria but I mean at the table. Mikey nor Gerard were talking so I just had to start up a conversation.

"So the weekend is coming up,anyone doing anything special."I asked.

"I might go to the school dance with someone."Gerard replied,not taking his eyes off his phone. I had forgot all about that thing. I wasn't going seeing that no one asked me to it and if I do go then I'll just be by myself the entire time. I doubt Mikey wants to go with me cause we have to keep this hush hush.

"Who you going with?" I asked,curious to find out who's the lucky girl.

"I'm not telling. You'll see sooner or later." I huffed.

"Have you talked to Lyn-z lately."Mikey asked out of no way. Gerard sent him a evil glare. "Sorry."he apologized.

"No I have talked to her since you know what and I like it to stay that way."he said before grinning at the phone. Okay something is definitely going on. I want to know....I hate being left out.

"Speaking of the devil look who it is."Mikey mumbled,nodding his head in the direction of Lyn-z. Gerard groaned and put his phone away. I glanced over his shoulder to see Lyn-z walking towards us with a tray full of food. I watched as she set it on the table next to Gerard and sat down. You could tell he wasn't a happy person right now. If I were her I would just leave like right now.

"Hi Mikey,Gee bear....freak."she said with a hint of hate and disgust in her voice when she talked to me. No one said anything until Mikey did.

"He's not a freak."he snapped. She rolled her eyes and then gave her full attention to Gerard.

"Whatever. So baby can I talk to you?" Gerard acted like he didn't hear anything. He started to play with his hair. "Silent treatment huh?"

"Um Mikey do you hear something." Lyn-z huffed.

"Stop acting stupid. I'm sorry for cheating on you. I don't know what came over me. I regret what I did and I miss you very much. I love you Gerard. Please take me back."she begged. She placed her hand on top of his,caressing it. He better not take her back. She'll just do it again and break his heart which I don't want to see happen. Gerard snatched his hand away from her.

"Why should I? You'll just do the same thing to me again. Why do you want me back in the first place?I don't want you ever because all you are is a slut. You left him cause he wasn't giving you what you wanted and now you're trying to get me back cause all you want is a quick fuck."he said bitterly. There was a smacking sound and the Gerard holding his now red cheek. Oh no she didn't just smack him. I jumped up.

"No Frankie calm down. Don't get involved,you'll just get in trouble."Mikey whispered in my ear,trying to calm me down. I growled at her and then sat down,leaning my head on his shoulder.

"You'll regret what you just said to me."she spat.

"No, thanks to you I have someone better. He treats me so much better then you and he loves me for who I am and not just for the sex like someone I know." Mikey nearly choked on his food. I patted him on the back to help.

"H-He!"he shrieked. Gerard has a boyfriend. Who?When?How?What?!?! I'm confused now. I didn't even know he rolled that way. Mikey leaned over towards his brother,whispering something in his ear.

"I'll talk to you about it later."

"Aw why later. Why can't you tell all of us about this mystery man you claim to be seeing. I bet its no one and this is just a lie. I don't see how someone will go out with you."Lyn-z laughed evilly.

"For your information,he is real and why would I lie. I know I'm sexy and get any man or woman I want. And no I'm not trying to make you jealous so you can get that out of your thick skull."he said,opening his cell back up. Maybe that's who he's been talking to this entire lunch period.

"Whatever. I don't need you anyway. You're just a freak like all those horrible vampires out there especially this one."she spat,pointing her finger at me. If I could I would bite it off but I can't. Instead I snapped at her hand making her jump.

"Do it again and I'll bite it off." Lyn-z picked up her tray and walked away before shouting at us, "You better watch vamp boy. I have the power to get you suspended from here. The school will believe anything I say and not you." What is she up too? I didn't get a good feeling from her right there. I had this gut feeling that something bad was going to happen soon.

"Don't listen to her. She's just trying to mess with you. She can't do anything to you."Gerard said. I nodded. "I'll defend you if she tries to blame you for anything."

"Thanks Gerard."I smiled. Mikey squealed and jumped up down in his seat.

"My brother and best friend is getting along. What a dream come true."he said excitedly. I laughed. Only Mikey would get excited over this.

The lunch bell rung dismissing us from our lunch. We waved goodbye to Gerard and went to our lockers. Mikey's locker was stopped at first then mine. When we got to mine the halls were almost empty. I guess we're going to be late to Geometry which I don't really care about.

I put in my locker combination,pulling out my books before slamming it shut. I turned around to face Mikey who was day dreaming. He looked quite cute. I giggled as I pecked him on the cheek.

"Huh?"he mumbled.

"What's up with you? Can't stop thinking about me." I wiggled my eyebrows and smiled. Mikey grinned as he leaned down to kiss me.

"Actually I was thinking about you. C-Can I ask you something F-Frankie."he stuttered,looking down at the floor. He started to get nervous which is obvious cause he always messes with his hair or clothes when he does. Something I noticed about him the first few days we started to hang out.

"What is it?"I said,stuffing my books into my bag and then slung it over my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his thin frame,burying my face into his chest. Luckily no one was out in the hall. I don't care if we're late. Mikey wants to tell me something and he can take as long as he wants.

"Um the school dance is coming up this Friday right."

"Yeah. And?"I sniffed his shirt,inhaling the wonderful smell of axe.

"Do I smell that good or is it the blood that you smell?"

"No,it's the axe. Now don't try to change the subject. What about the dance do you want to talk about?" Mikey exhaled deeply,scratching the back of his head.

"I wanted to know if you were free that day cause I want you to be my date for the dance. I mean you don't have to say yes .I'll understand if you don't want to go with me. If this gets out my dad could find out but I wouldn't care cause you mean a lot to me and if I can't act normal out in public with you then......"he started to rambled but I put an end to it.

"So your asking me to the school dance on Friday?" Mikey nodded. "Yes." His head shot up with wide eyes. I laughed.

"What?"

"I said yes. I'll go with you. I've never been asked to a school dance before."

"I guess I'll have to make it extra special then."he said,winking at me. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him on the nose.

"Love you."

"Love you too,Frankie. So we have two days before the dance. We have to pick out something to wear."

"We can do that after school. Wait don't you have to get tickets. They might be sold out already." Mikey pulled his bag off his back and unzipped a pocket,pulling out two tickets. "How did you....."

"I bought them last week. I was going to ask Alicia to the dance but as you can see we're not together anymore soooo."I pecked him on his cheek. The late bell soon rung and we were definitely late to class but I didn't care at the time because I was so fucking happy. "Well we're late. Why don't we just skip? I'm not in the mood for math right now. What do you say?"

"TO THE MALL AWAY!"I exclaimed.

***************

It took us forever to get to where we wanted to go. Mikey nor I had a car to get there so we decided to take the public bus but that's where we went wrong. You see I never rode the public bus so I had no clue if we had gotten on the right bus or not. About fifteen minutes later we came to the conclusion that it was the wrong one. So Mikey and I got off and walked around.

"Well that was a fail."he laughed,grabbing my hand. I smiled and looked up at him. I guess he isn't nervous about showing everyone.

"I know right and that will be the last time I ride a bus other then the school bus." Mikey and I walked hand in hand for awhile trying to figure out which way the mall was.

"We need to find someone to ask. Maybe they could give us some directions or tell us the correct bus to take us there."Mikey said,looking around for a person that might know the way. I looked around and pointed.

"There's a old lady on that bench across the street. You stay here while I ask her."

"Okay." I quickly ran to the other side of the street to the lady. I hope she doesn't have anything against vampires or if she's one of those cranky old people."Excuse miss." I said. The old lady looked up at me and smiled.

"Why hello young man."she slurred. I noticed she was missing some of her teeth.

"Hello. Um I was wondering do you know the way to the mall. My friend and I are kind of lost and don't know how to get there from here."I explained. She smiled again.

"Oh what you do is;go down this street about five blocks. Once you get to the fifth block take a left and keep on walking until you get to that dry cleaner store. Then you take another left and walk some until you see it." Wow its that simple I thought were like two miles away from it.

"Thank you so much." I chirped. Finally,now Mikey and I can get our outfits. I thanked the lady again and ran back to Mikey. He was leaning against a wall staring at his phone. "What's up?"

"Oh Gerard just text me. He said he saw us walk out the school." I cocked my head to the side. "He has a free period so he just drives around town until the next one." I mouthed a "o" "He was wondering where we were heading cause he said he might meet us there."

"Oh cool and the lady told me where to go so follow me." I grabbed Mikey's hand and yanked him in the direction of the mall. I heard him giggle.

Once we got to the mall we planned what stores we look at. "I already figured out what I wanted to wear so what are you wearing?" I asked Mikey.

"I dunno. What you wearing?" I grinned.

"I'm not really a dressy person so I'm just going in my skinny jeans with a pair of converses with a nice jacket with a t-shirt."

"Cool. I still don't know what I'm wearing. I'll probably find something when I least expect it."We entered this one store that looked interesting. I found a cool t-shirt to wear. Well actually Mikey picked it out for me. It was a black shirt that said I'm fun sized on the front of it. I thought it was cute so I decided to buy it. Then we went on the get Mikey something. There was a tuxedo store like on the other side of the mall. I laughed when I saw Mikey literally dragging himself across the floor.

"Are you that tired?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah."he huffed, "All that walking has worn me out. Carry me?" I helped him from the floor. I crouched down a little even though I'm already short and everything. Mikey jumped on,wrapping his legs around my waist and his arms around my neck.

"All good?"

"Yeah to the tuxedo place away."I started out at a slow pace but then sped up. He was having a good thing just giggling and messing with my hair. When we got there,about three people rushed at us asking if we needed any help. We told them no and that we were just looking. Mikey ran off somewhere while I just looked for a nice jacket to wear. I came across a few ones I liked so I picked them out to show Mikey when I find him.

"Hey Frankie over here."he called out from the dressing room. I raced over to him and gasped. He was in a white t-shirt with a black vest on along with a striped tie. And let me tell you he looked hot. I couldn't even speak that's how amazed I was. "What do you think." He turned around to let me see the rest of him.

"You look so sexy."I said slowly. Mikey blushed.

"Thanks. I didn't think you'd like this one but the lady over there convinced me to call you over."he said pointing at the old lady that helped us earlier. She walked over to us and smiled. Whoa how did she get here that fast.

"You have a nice young man here. You better be good to him cause you don't want to lose this one."she exclaimed. I chuckled. "He looks really nice in this. All the girls would be jealous of you." She got that right. If any girl tries to hit on Mikey,there will be some problems.

"I know he's amazing." I hugged Mikey tightly,pecking him on the cheek.

"Well I hope you two have a nice time at the dance. And remember don't let this one go. He's a keeper. I can feel it in my bones."she winked. Mikey went back in the dressing room to undress. After we paid for our things we decided to visit Bert. When we got to Comic Universe a different guy was at the counter. Apparently Bert took the day off to do some personal business.

"I guess we can come back later then or tomorrow."Mikey sighed.

"We can ask Gerard since they're friends in all." I said. He nodded. We left the mall and headed home. Mikey offered to walk me home which was fine to me. Plus we didn't want his dad to see me since its still daylight outside. I stood on my porch grinning from ear to ear.

"So I guess I'll see you tomorrow morning then. I'll try to give you a call later tonight to see how you're doing and everything."he said.

"That would be nice. I'll miss you." I unlocked the door and walked in. Right before I closed the door I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Yes."

"Where's my good-bye kiss?" I ignored him and shut the door. I set my bags on the floor then pressed my ear against the door to see if he would say something. "Aw come on Frankie."Mikey pouted from the other side of the door. "Am I that bad of a kisser." Actually he was quite good.

"No."I giggled.

"Then I want my good-bye kiss now!"he demanded. I walked over to the window next to the door and peeped out. He was just staying there looking like a lost puppy. I went back over to the door.

"You still there?"I shouted.

"Yes and I'm not leaving until I get that good-bye kiss." Someone wants to be stubborn.

"Okay well you can stay on the porch all day then." I picked up the bags and went to my room. I'll probably let him in eventually.

Ten minutes have past and no word from Mikey. I started to wonder if he was even still here. I have to admit that would be so cool if he was. That just shows how much he loves me and cares for me right. I got up from my comfy bed and raced downstairs to the door. When I opened it,I was disappointed. He was gone not in sight. I stepped out on the porch and looked around. Maybe he was hiding and then when I least expect it he would pop out and scare me.

I soon came to the conclusion that he left. I was sad,thinking that I should have let him in. I might have hurt his feelings. What if he doesn't want to hang out with me no more and decided not to take me to the school dance. I slammed the door shut and ran to my room. Throwing myself on the bed. I took out my cell and called him. After five rings it went to the answer machine. No he's mad at me.

Tears threaten to fall from my eyes but I refuse to cry. He'll be back won't he,I hope so. I was so caught up in my thought that I didn't hear someone fall through the window.

"Ow! Frank?" I slowly turned my head in the direction I heard my name.

"Holy shit."I shrieked,falling off the bed. I heard laughter coming from the window. "Mikey?"

"Yes."he said,appearing from atop my bed. He grinned at me.

"How the hell did you get in here? I'm pretty sure that I locked the door before I came up here."

"You did but not the window. Didn't you see me fall through the window. By the way my head hurts."he said,rubbing the back of his head.

"Need a ice pack?"

"That would be nice." Mikey helped me up from the floor and I went to the kitchen to get him a ice pack from the freezer. I took out a wash cloth and put the ice pack in it. I returned back to my room and handed him it. "Thanks." He placed it on the back of his head. "It's cold."he complained.

"No really. I wonder why they call it an ice pack. Maybe it's because it comes from the freezer." Mikey licked his tongue at me which made me remember that time Bob bit mine. I miss Bob. Where is he anyway? I didn't see him at school today which is weird. I'll call him later to see if he's okay. "So care to explain how you got through my window."

"Oh,well if you wanted to know I didn't leave. I just walked around to the side of your house and climbed the tree that's right outside your window. Then I jumped over to the ledge and climbed through your window that you happen to leave open for a rapist to get in."he explained. I chuckled. I doubt a rapist is going to come in here with a house full of vampires.

"Oh but I'm sorry for not opening the door. I was going to open the door for you but you left before I could..I thought you were going to be mad at because of this."

"For what? You didn't do anything wrong. I knew you were playing around so I thought I'd surprise you by coming through your window. I scared the shit out of you didn't I."Mikey said,poking me in the side. I giggled,swatting away his hand "I see someone is ticklish."He tossed the ice pack to the floor and jumped on me,tickling me.

"N-No Mikey. Stop please."I laughed. He continued to tickle me until my stomach started to ache from laughing to hard. "No stop it hurts." I managed to roll over with him on the bottom. "Ha."

"Okay okay you got me." I threw my arms in the air. Victory is mine yay! Mikey sat up and kissed me on the top of my head. "Do you mind if I stay here until your parents get home?"

"Sure. I was going to let you stay anyway." Mikey laid back on the bed. I snuggled closer to him. He placed his hand on my back and rubbed his hand around.

"Love you."he whispered.

"Love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
hi *waves* another update for you all. i hope you enjoy it
OMM i finally hit 100 comments and theused. was the 100th one. i feel happy that people are readin this leave me comments

thanks for the comments:

Lepromatic Failure.
Circe
xXRipMyHeartOpenXx
SuperBat
Lawlipop
secrets-that-die
theused.
Dr. Mrs. Vandertramp

comments please?

title credit:The Used-Sound Effects and Overdramatics