Status: Rewriting the chapters. So please be patience. Story will continue soon :)

Why Can't We Be Together

The City Is At War

Our school had to be closed down for the entire day from the chaos everyone was creating out front after the incident. Whatever Alicia and Gary were trying to plan, well it was working. I’ve never seen anything like this before in my life. I mean, vampires and humans have been fighting here and there for years but never like this. Mikey and I drove by the school this morning to see humans protesting about us; vampires. They were chanting things I don't even want to repeat. A few were shouting that they didn't want us to be there. Pretty much half the vampire population at the school didn't show up. We didn't want to create more madness just by being there.

This whole situation makes me laugh. If they only knew we were around them hundreds of years before this. There were humans that even knew of our existences but didn't mind us. They got along with us now why can't humans of today do the same. This trick Alicia pulled really impacted the community. A few vampires are blaming Blair for this but it isn't even his fault. He was framed by her. He caused no harm to Gary and Alicia knows it. Mikey and I believed him completely when he said this was planned on the news. I had a feeling Alicia would do something like this. She knew I was friends with Blair. What better way to get back at me is to hurt my friends?

"Did you hear?” Bob asked, taking a sip of blood from the glass bottle sitting on the coffee table next to him. I glanced over at him as I stroked Mikey's hair who was currently sitting in my lap. I shook my head.

"Heard what?” I replied, wrapping my free arm around his waist.

"It's been all over the news but I guess you haven't been watching it lately. It’s complete chaos out there between our kind and his. Last night, three vampires were killed because of the incident. They really think Blair tried to hurt Gary. The humans think we're trying to take over the world." I snorted.

"Are you serious? If we wanted to take over this world we could have did that years ago. I'm sorry but humans are weaklings.” I said, smirking.

"Hey, you’re dating a human!” Mikey exclaimed. I smiled, leaning down to kiss him on the forehead.

"But you're my weakling and plus I don’t see you as one. You’re a strong human in my eyes. You’re not trying to fight against us."

"I would never. I love vampires." And I love humans...well the kind ones.

"I know. Bob, did they catch the humans who killed them?" Bob sighed. "I don't like the way you sighed. What happened?" I hope they caught the people who killed those vampires. It isn't hard to catch them in the first place. All the police needs to do is get a vampire to sniff out the area. He or she can figure out who did it by the person's scent.

"No but I think they know who did it. I think the police are against us too. Frank, it’s getting worse out there by the minute. Alicia has done some serious damage to this community." Bob was so right about that. She really did screw up this community. Before all this, humans and vampires got along. You barely heard killings by vampires or the other way around.

"Alicia has always been like that. She’s the type of person that will do anything to make someone miserable if she can't get her way. Since I broke up with her and started going out with you, she sees you as a target because apparently she still likes me. So she targeted your friends. Bob, I’d advise you to watch out because you could be next.” Mikey warned. Bob just shrugged.

"Ahh whatever. That bitch can't hurt me.” he spat.

"Well that bitch knows people that knows people. One day you could be strolling down the street and bam some guy drives by, blowing your head clean off your body. There would be Bob guts everywhere on the ground." Mikey gasped, mimicking a gun shot noise.

What did he mean by she knew people that people. Does he mean like a hitman? Oh shit, the woman works with the mafia. Yeah I can kiss my ass goodbye then.

"Yeah, yeah whatever and no Frank, she does not work with the mafia so you don't have to worry about waking up to guys at the front door with bug guns.'' Bob laughed. He growled. I hate when he reads my mind sometimes.

"You won't be laughing when I'm found dead in my bedroom and would you stop reading my mind. I could be thinking about Mikey naked for all you know."

"Um yeah I think I'll stop." I stuck my tongue out at him. "Hey! You better not do that. I don't care if Mikey is sitting on your lap, I will do it again." You better not I quickly thought. I knew he was still reading my mind so I hope he heard that.

"Do what?" Mikey asked, looking up at me. I leaned down and kissed his nose. He blushed.

"Back before you were dating Frankie here, he kept sticking his tongue at me, thinking it was funny. So one day I decided to bite it to teach him a lesson and I guess he hasn't learned it yet."

"It hurt." I added, covering my mouth. Mikey giggled. "Not funny. He could have easily ripped it off." I exclaimed.

"Sure Frank." I smiled and so did Mikey. "So are you going to visit Blair to see if he is okay?“ he suggested, sitting up a little.

"Yeah, I was thinking of visiting him today. Do you want to come along?" I asked. He nodded. "How about you, Bob?" He shook his head as he got up from the recliner. "Aww okay."

"Yeah, I'm sorry but I have some business to take care of right now before the end of the day. I'll be sure to see him tonight before I head back in. I already told my parents that I would be staying here for awhile. You know to be on the look out and everything." he replied, making his way to the door.

"That's fine with me. We have plenty of room for another person and please be safe." He smiled and blew me a kiss. I rolled my eyes.

"Bye guys, I'll see you later." he laughed, slamming the door shut on his way out.

"He'll be okay. Bob is a strong vampire and I know he can take care of himself. The same with Bert. I trust Gerard with him because he is strong and he'll never let anything happen to him. If I was a vampire and you were the human, I'd protect you." Mikey said. I snuggled closer to him, burying my face in his shirt, breathing in his scent.

"Thanks Mikey. I love you."

"I love you too." I pressed my lips to his for a few seconds before pushing him off my lap gently. "Hey!" I was enjoying myself, sitting on your lap. Why did you move me?” he pouted, sticking his bottom lip out. I giggled. He just continued to pout.

"Aren't we going to see Blair? I thought maybe you wanted to go now and if we hurry we could get home early before and the others and have the place ourselves.” I said, walking back over to him. I crawled on top of him, straddling him.

"Oh, I like that idea.” he smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Me too." I leaned down to his neck, kissing it softly. He moaned, as he wrapped his arms around my shoulder.

"So I was thinking...y-you might not want to do this but I-I just have this urge for you to bite me. I mean not to turn me but in a playful way or however you put it. I want to feel your fangs sink into me. Please?” He pleaded, rubbing his lower region against mine. A low moan escaped my lips.

"You want me to bite you?" He nodded. "Why? I don't want to hurt you and you know how I said I hate to bite you because you're my boyfriend. Plus I heard humans say that it hurts when bitten on the neck.” I told him.

"So? I'll be fine, don’t worry about me and plus I find it kind of...sexy when I think about it." I bit my lip, trying not to laugh. He finds it sexy? I've heard vampires say that but I never thought about doing it to Mikey. But I don't know if this is a good idea. I can't possibly turn him because I have to drain his blood and then feed him my own so that’s off the list. I don't think he can die from this either. So I guess I can do it but I really don't want to. If it makes him happy I guess I'll do it.

I sighed,” Well...I guess but tell me when the pain is getting too much."

"I promise to tell you." I smiled, showing off my fangs. "I miss that smile. You should do that more often."

"What show off my fangs?" He nodded, grinning. "I don't know. Everyone freaks out when they see them so that's why I never show them and then the whole 'can't show your fangs in school' rule."

"Aww I'm not freaked out by them. I think they're beautiful and fuck the school."

"Really? You’re not playing with me?"

"Yeah and no I'm not playing with you. I really mean it" I could see it in his eyes that he wasn't lying to me. I fucking love this boy. He’s just so perfect.

"Okay.” I grinned. Mikey sat up, holding me on his lap with his arm around my waist. I moved closer to him, staring at his neck. I’m not glad I'm not hungry at the moment. If I was then I could lose control when I bite him but I know it won't happen. I won't let it happen. "You ready?"

"Yeah." I gently turned his head to the side, exposing his neck. His skin was so soft and a pretty compared to mine...pale and sickly looking. I know I can't help it but ugh.

"I hate to ruin your perfect skin.” I whispered. He laughed.

"It's fine. I think your skin is beautiful too." I smiled.

"Thanks." I said, pecking his lips before moving to his neck. I kissed the spot I was about to bite, softly nipping at the skin.

"Just do it.” he moaned. I sunk my fangs into neck, tasting his sweet blood. "Fuck!." he groaned. I bit down a little harder, blood flowing into my mouth. "F-Frank." I pulled away instantly.

"I'm so fucking sorry." I said, freaking out. Blood seeped from the two bite marks, running down his neck. He chuckled.

"I'm fine. Why are you apologizing? I enjoyed it quite frankly.” he smiled. I smiled. "And you got a little something right here." He pointed to his mouth, indicating I had something on my face.

"Fuck!” I was about to wipe away the blood but he stopped me. He leaned closer, pressing his lips to mine, licking away his own blood. After a few seconds, he moved away. "How was it?" I giggled.

"I don't know how you can drink my blood. It has this weird taste to it but okay."

"Well to me, your blood tastes sweet...like a pack of skittles." Mikey rolled his eyes. "Yeah...so I guess we can head to Blair's house. I know he needs some company right about now." I got up, walking over to the closet, getting my jacket out. "

"Let me clean this up a little before I go. I don't want vampires trying to attack me because I have blood on me."

"Good idea." Mikey got up from the couch and ran to the bathroom. I sighed. I really hope Blair is okay. I hate to see our kind and humans against him.

***

"Hi Mrs.Maxwell. Is Blair home?" I asked, his mother politely. She frowned. Not about Blair, no it was because Mikey was with me. I guess since two humans, Alicia and Gary, ruined Blair's life I bet she hates humans at the moment.

"What is his kind doing here?” she growled, eyes glowing with a red tint.

"Oh, um this is my boyfriend, Mikey. He’s a friend of Blair's too.” I whispered, pushing Mikey behind me a little.

"Boyfriend? Frank, I thought you were better then that. I thought you would at least get a boyfriend that was our kind." Mikey gulped.

"No. Mikey is more of my type." Mrs.Maxwell huffed.

"I don't see how. He looks like a normal, tasty human to me. Why don't you just drain him?" Mikey instantly went pale.

"No! I would never do that to him. I love him to much. I’m sorry to be rude but if you don't like the fact that I'm dating a human then you go fuck yourself because I love him with all my heart. Mikey is the best thing that ever happened to me and I will never let anything happen to him. So now if you excuse, Mikey and I want to go comfort our friend. Yes, your son is friends with a human. So if you want to be mad at a human, Mikey isn't the one. Alicia and Gary are the ones that made Blair's life miserable...even Mikey and I."I shouted, angrily.

Mrs.Maxwell was speechless. I can't believe I just yelled at my friend's parent but she just pissed me off. "H-He's up in his room.” she stammered.

"Thank you. Come on Mikey.” I said, grabbing his hand. He and I ran upstairs to Blair's room. The door of his room was closed and music could be heard blaring from inside.

"Does he usually listen to music that loud?” Mikey asked, covering his ears. I nodded. "That's loud! Isn't he afraid he might go deaf? This music can make me go deaf in seconds."

"Yeah, he usually does this when he mad or upset and he can’t. I’ll go in there and get him to turn it down. I’ll be right back."I entered his room, closing the door behind me. The room was dark but I still could see what was in front of me. I spotted Blair on his bed underneath a pile of blankets.

"Blair.” I whispered, stepping closer to him. The pile of blankets moved a little and then a tv remote came flying at my face out of no where. "Holy shit!" I shrieked, taking cover.

"I know you're in here mom. How many times do I have to tell you, I refuse to take my revenge on them. I know they framed me but that's no way to get back at them. That’s what they want me to do so you can continue telling me but I won't do it.” he yelled. I guess his mom is furious about this, if she's telling him to hurt Alicia and Gary. I would too but there's other ways to get back at them.

"I'm not your mother.” I yelled, over the music. I guess he couldn’t hear me because more things were being thrown at me. Is this really how he acts toward his mother? I dodged all the objects and took a seat on the bed next to him. I tapped him on, what I thought was, his shoulder.

"What!" he snapped, lifting the blanket up. Once he saw who it really was, he smiled.

"Frank! Oh shit! I'm sorry if I hit you. I thought you were my mother." he exclaimed, checking my face for any scratches.

"It's okay." I giggled. He sat up, pulling me into a hug.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, getting out of bed and walking over to the stereo to turn it down.

"To see if my best friend is okay. Mikey is here with me too. He wanted to make sure you were okay." His eyes widen. "I'll go get him. He’s in the hall, trying not to go deaf from your loud music." I walked over to the door, opening it.

"Finally, I thought you might have went deaf and lost your mind from the loud music.‘’ he chuckled. I smiled. "Hey Blair. You okay? I'm so sorry about this whole thing. Alicia will pay for what she did to you and Frank." Blair stopped in his tracks.

"Frank? What she do to him?" Oh that's right. He wasn't around when the necklace incident occurred.

"Oh um, she tried to start something in the hall and pulled his necklace off. While he was in pain on the floor, she left him there. If I hadn't come by, looking for him, he probably wouldn't have been dead.” Mikey explained.

"She did what! Okay, fuck it. I’m going with revenge. No human should ever hurt Frank! Where the hell is that bitch?” Blair roared, charging to the door. I grabbed his arm.

"Blair, I’m fine. Mikey saved my life. Please don't worry about it. You could get in trouble for seeing her.” I shouted.

"Frank, let me go. I'm going to have a talk with this whore. What's her address, Mikey?" I glared at Mikey.

"Don't tell him."

"Mikey, are you just going to let that bitch hurt the person you love and get away with it. She hurt Frank. She could have killed him." Mikey's balled his hand into a fist.

"Mikey, please! Do no tell Blair. He's going to get into more trouble if he finds her." I warned him. Mikey opened his mouth and spoke.

"She lives on 694 Charlotte Ave. I'm sorry Frank but she hurt you."

"But we can resolve this a better way." Mikey shook his head.

"She's not going to stop, Frank. The way she see's it, you took me from her. She's trying to get back at me too. The only way to hurt me is to hurt you. I can't let you get hurt again." he said, sadly.

"By getting Blair in trouble too. The fucking police are keeping an eye on him. If he gets into trouble one more time, he could be sent to jail or even killed. Blair, you know how they kill our kind."

"Well, I'm going to kill her before she kills me or you. If you want to come with me, you can but if you don't...do stop me." he hissed. Blair pulled away from my grasp and walked out the door.

"We have to follow him." Mikey nodded. We followed him down to his car. "I'm not taking any part of this. The only reason I'm coming is to make sure you don't get yourself killed." I said, angrily. Blair didn't say a word to me. He just hopped in the car and we got in the back. This is just getting way to out of hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo I'm back xD. Hoped you liked this one

thanks for the comments:

SuperBat
IWillMakeYouScream
secrets-that-die
OurCarnageNow_x

comments?

title credit:Cobra Starship-The City is At War