Status: Work In Progress

Attatched at the Lips

Goodnight My Lover

A few hours later I could still hear my mother making calls, booking doctors appointments and chattering animatedly to Phil. It wasn't hard for anyone to tell that she was over joyed at being a grandmother-to-be. Meanwhile all this was going on, my bedroom door was open so I could hear it all, I sat on my bed fiddling with my phone and the two tests I had taken. They were both pro-pregnancy. Though, I was hesitating on taking the third one just yet, but I was going to take it soon. I also hadn't broken the news to Dad, Bella or Damien yet. I told Mom to let me tell them, it would mean more coming from me.
Sighing for probaly the thousandth time that day already, I dialed the number I knew oh so well to Dad's house, and awaited the answer to silence the irratable ringing. After about 5 rings, a disorientated Bella answered the phone. "Hello?" she asked, sounding a bit tired.
"Sorry if I woke you up Bella, but it's kind of important." I said to her softly. I missed her like crazy and just hearing her voice now was almost enough to set me into a fit of tears.
"Oh, Vex, yeah what's wrong?" she answered back now more alert. I could hear in her voice, the same lonliness that I felt in my own.
"Bella, I'm not going to beat around the bush, I'm just going to be blunt about it. I'm pregnant." I said quickly. I could almost see her reaction as if she were standing right in front of me. Her eyes would widen so that the whites were visible all around the chocolate brown color of her irises and her mouth would be just open enough to see a small gap between her slightly unproportioned lips. Her chest would rise just a little bit higher with the intake of a gasp, and she would hold it for only a second before shaking her head and regaining her composure.
Timed perfectly with what I imagined in front of me, I could hear her gasp, and I knew exactly when she would start talking again. And she did not dissapoint. "Oh Vex, I really hope you know what you're both getting into. Does Damien even know yet?"
"No, Mom knows, and I'm fairly certain she's told Phil, but you're the first person I've told. Would you mind telling Dad so that I can go over to Damien's and explain everything to him?" I asked of her, hoping that she might comply with my ideals.
I heard her heave a sigh, and then release a yawn. "Fine, I'll tell Dad, but you have to promise to go to Damien's right now and tell him everything. He's just as much a part of this as you are, and has every right to know that you're pregnant with his child." I knew she really didn't want to break the news to him that I was pregnant, because for all we both knew, he didn't even know I was engaged!
"Okay, I'll get dressed, call to make sure he's there and go right now. I promise. Thanks Bell. I'll talk to you soon, I promise." I said before hanging up. I didn't want to have to hear her say goodbye, or say goodbye myself again. It had hurt too much the first time.
Flipping my phone back open I expertly dialed Damien's cell number from pure memory. I held in a sizeable breath and waited for him to answer. Without even realizing that I had done it, I had taken in even more air when I heard his voice ring through the phone in my hand. I squeezed out a greeting and fiddled with my hair nervously. That alone notified him that something was wrong with me.
"Vex, what's wrong? You sound nervous, and just not yourself." his voice sounded alarmed and I let out all of the breath I had kept prisoner.
"Damien, where are you? Are you at home?" I persisted, not wanting to explain myself without seeing his face and feeling his skin.
"I'm at home right now, but I was just about to go out."
"Well now you're staying in, I'll be there in five." I stated with authority, letting him know that he would not question me. All the while I was shoving the tests I had taken, and the unused pregnancy test in my purse. He lived just down the street so I could easily walk there.
I slung the strap of my purse up my arm and securely onto my shoulder, hastily shoving my feet into my flip flops and then rushing out the door.
Once I was outside I slowed my pace and thought on the walk to Damien's house. I didn't know how to say this to him, I was never taught how to do something like this. It's not like your engagement ring comes with a "How To..." manual (although I really wish it would have now) so I was on my own. And something tells me that pure instinct just might not be enough to get me through this.
Before I reaally had time to process it I was standing on my fiance's doorstep, hand clutching the door handle. And even faster than that, the door flew back and tugged out of my hand. Damien was standing there and clearly had been waiting for me. I didn't really blame him, I hadn't even tried to mask or deter the emotion I felt in my voice. I'd heard it plain as day, so it was no surprise that he'd heard it that much louder and more clear.
Seeing that I wasn't moving, he reached through the doorway and pulled me inside gently, and into his loving arms. I felt his lips on the top of my head and I gave up. The shock got to me, the nerves over powered me, and I broke out in tears, clutching my beautiful, beautiful fiance as close to me as the laws of what ever science would allow. And as I cried into his hard chest, he just held me. He knew well enough that the only thing that could be done right now, was physical comfort, not words of pity or sorrow no matter how full.
When my hysterics had stopped and now only the lone traitor drop of salty liquid that slipped from the barracade that was my eyelid, Damien grabbed me up and carried me bridal to his room, where he laid me down on his bed and curled up next to me, playing with my long, wavy, dark butterscotch colored hair. He whispered into my ear, in a voice that could rival the smoothness of velvet and silk, only attractive to me, asking the simplest of questions, requiring the hardest of answers. "What's wrong, Love?"
I don't know how but at the same time, I took in a tiny gasp, let out a small sigh and stopped breathing all together. My purse, that was now just limply hanging off of my wrist, was zippered shut, and for that I was glad. I didn't want him to see anything that I couldn't explain yet or that would possibly lead to a horrid outcome. I pulled it from my limp wrist and unzippered it just enough that I could ease out one or both of the used pergnancy tests, but that they wouldn't fall out if it say, fell over on it's side. "You see Damien, it was an honest mistake, nothing that either of us could have provided. And I'm sorry if you're upset by this, but I'm just giving you the most honest facts I have right now." I said and paused, looking for a possible reaction out of him. All I saw was curiosity. "Okay, I'm not going to beat around the bush any longer, I can't stand it. Damien, I'm most likely pregnant. I've taken 2 tests that say possitive and I have a third here to take, and also Mom scheduled me some doctor's appointments." I closed my eyes. I was waiting for the impact, but it never came. Okay, that was actually a lie. It did come, but not the kind I was waiting for. I was waiting for his to say something, and instead he fainted and fell down beside me. Gee, it's been a great day, don't you think?