Status: Complete!

I Had It All

Suit Of Armor.

Image

-Flashback-

“Baby, what’s wrong?” I asked her, genuine concern coating my voice.

“I just… It feels like we don’t really talk anymore. I feel like I can’t talk to you.”

“Kels, you can talk to me about anything. You know that,” I replied softly, placing my hand on her cheek.

“I know I can, but…well, something happened…” She trailed off, her eyes gliding wistfully to the floor.

“What? What happened?” I suddenly became alert, and my tone of voice was firm. If something bad happened to Kelsey - if someone did something to Kelsey - I’d lose it. She was my everything; I’d do anything to protect her.

“I don’t know how to say it,” she whispered.

“Just say it. I’m listening.”

“I…Ian. He - he hurt me.” Her voice sounded weak and exhausted.

“Hurt you? Kelsey, how did he hurt you? What did he do?” My eyes searched hers for an explanation, but I was hoping the only conclusion I came up with was wrong.

Her eyebrows arched heavenward, as if telling me everything without saying anything. Tears pooled under her ice blue irises and she collapsed forward, leaning into me. Her ear was pressed against my chest, and I was sure she could hear how fast my heart was beating. I wrapped my arms around her, resting my chin on her head.

Kelsey began to sniffle as her shoulders trembled, and I held her closer. “It’s okay, Kelsey. I’m here now, it won’t happen ever again. I promise.” I knew it wouldn’t, because I was going to make sure it wouldn’t.


-Present Day-

“Hey man!” Jack screamed, hopping on my back as I walked toward the back of the bus. He was clearly drunk, after all the beer he chugged. I still felt two inches tall, after Jack brought up my feelings for Kelsey. I didn’t want to deal with his childish antics - or anything at all, for that matter - so I leaned forward, causing him to slide off me.

“Dude! What was thaaaaat foooor?” he slurred. I just rolled my eyes at him and got into my bunk, not caring that it was only eleven at night.

About an hour passed, and sleep still failed to consume me. My thoughts wouldn’t let me rest. I groaned and turned onto my side, trying to ignore the yelling from the guys in the front of the bus as I forced my eyes shut tightly. Even this wouldn’t help, so I decided to turn on the mini television in my bunk, watching whatever random show happened to be on.

“Kathryn, I’m so sorry. I love you, forever and always. If I could take back what I did, I’d do it in a heartbeat.”

“Oh, Greg, I’m sorry too. I love you.” The unrealistic scene unfolded in the rain, and he grabbed the girl and embraced her in a passionate kiss. It was so sickening, it made me want to barf. Things weren’t that easy in real life. If they were, I’d still have Kelsey.

I couldn’t take watching the fantasy couple making out in the pouring rain anymore. I grunted angrily, shutting off the TV and laying back down. I pulled the blanket up to my chin, and when the noise from the front of the bus finally died down, I fell into a fitful and restless slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's a little short. The next few will be kind of short as well, but I promise, they'll start getting longer.

Hope you like it! I'd love to hear your comments/suggestions/constructive criticism. It would mean a lot :)