The World Is Outside

Chapter one

Anna’s POV

I was driving home when I suddenly saw my best friend a bit further, walking down the street.
Her name was Lisa and she had long blond hair falling down her back. She was Cheer Captain and really popular. We’ve been best friends since ages.
“Hey! Over here!” I yelled at her. She turned around, a bit confused. She didn’t understand why someone would call her name. One moment later she noticed me and smiled.

“Hi,” she waved and stopped to wait for me. “Wow, you look really tired! What are you doing here?”

“I just came home from my dancing class. I was just about asking you what you are doing here, walking down the street?”

“Just breathing in some fresh air. My and my brother just had a fight, you know.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry! But I really got to go now, I need a shower!”

“Yeah, sure! Bye!”

“Bye, I’ll see you tomorrow!” I said and drove on.
A few minutes later I got home and immediately went upstairs to take a shower.

“Hey honey, you’re early!” my mum said, as she heard me getting home.

“Yeah, I know, my teacher had to leave early, that’s why. I’m going to take a shower right now, okay?” Not waiting for her answer, I closed the bathroom door. I took of my clothes and got in the hot shower.

Twenty minutes later I went downstairs to see my parents sitting in the couch, watching me.
“Hey sweetheart,” my dad greeted me.

“Hi dad! How was your day?”

“Pretty fine. But it’s going to get a lot better!”

“Why?”

“Because me and your mum have a surprise for you!” he said, flashing me a big smile.

“Really? Thank you so much! What is it?” I yelled, suddenly really excited.

“We’re not going to tell you that already. Or else it wouldn’t be a surprise anymore! Just get ready and make sure you’re at the car in about 5 minutes, okay?” my mum said.

“Yeah, sure. But since you won’t tell me where we are going I don’t know what I should wear. So, do I have to change clothes?”

“No, it’s fine,” my father laughed and I ran upstairs. I couldn’t believe that they had a surprise for me. What would it be? Maybe we were going to my cousin, Jared. Although the family didn’t like him that much, I really liked him. We were great friends and laughed frequently. But there was one thing that bothered me… his girlfriend. We couldn’t get along. She hated me with all her heart, from the first moment we met. I wasn’t really sure what I have done, but it didn’t bother me that much. She was a bitch after all.
Or maybe we would go to my favourite restaurant. That would be great, ‘cause I was really hungry.
But to be honest, I really didn’t know what we were going to do. That made me even more curious than I already was.

A bit later we were in the car, having a lot of fun. The radio was playing our favourite song so we were all singing/yelling along.
After the song I asked one more time if they wouldn’t already tell me where we were heading.

“No, sweetheart. Just wait a bit more. It isn’t that hard, is it?” It was killing me that I didn’t know what would happen. I was someone who loved to know everything that was going on. So I really hated it.

“But I want to knoooooow!” I said, bumping up and down. Was it really that obvious that I was really excited?

But I didn’t know that my life was able to change in one minute.

All suddenly I saw a car coming from the left with full speed. It was heading straight to us and it didn’t seem like it was about to stop.
“Dad, look out!” I yelled as hard as I could, scared as hell. But it was too late. I felt something crashing into our car and the moment after everything went blank…

“Anna? Anna! Can you hear me?” I heard someone and I blinked with my eyes. I suddenly felt pain all over my body. “Anna, please answer me,” the guy in the white suit begged. Wait, the guy in the white suit? In a white suit…

“Where am I?” I managed to whisper.

“You’re in the hospital, Anna. How are you feeling?”

“Not so well, everything hurts. What happened? Who are you?”

“I know it hurts, that will get better soon. I need to ask you some questions, to see if your brain still works fine,” the doctor said, “What’s your name?”

“Anna,” I whispered.

“Last name?”

“Watson.”

“Hmm. What day is it today?”

“Wednesday.”

“Okay, your brain still works fine,” he nodded.

“But you still haven’t answered any of my questions!”

“I’m doctor Thompson. You had a car crash while you were on your way with your parents,” he said calmly. Then it all came back to my. My surprise, the car that came from the left, the crash…

“My parents… where are they? Are they okay?” I asked, suddenly really scared.

"Your parents are extremely injured and they had absolutely no chance to survive the crash. They immediately passed away, there was nothing we could do for them anymore. I'm sorry for your loss." And with that, my whole world crashed down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! This is the first chapter of our story. We really hope you'll like it!
Please tell us what you think about it!