Status: Rewriting

When Worlds Collide

The Aftermath

I sat in complete silence once I reached home. What the fuck just happened? My lips felt swollen and bruised to the touch. In all my years of drinking and partying, I had never just made out with someone to make myself feel better and the fact that I had done it completely sober terrified me. What did that say about me? What would Edward think about me? Was he sitting at home right now, just as I was wondering what the hell just happened?
It was too quite in the house. I needed something to distract myself. I dove for my phone and punched in the number by heart.

“Jess I think I just did something stupid.”

“Oh fuck Jazz what did you do now?” Jess moaned exasperated. “I don’t need to bail you out of jail again do I?”

“No, no nothing like that…I, uh, I made out with Edward.” I stammered.

“What’s so bad about that? Isn’t that what you wanted?”

“Well, yeah I think, but, we started talking and Dean came up and his ex-girlfriend came up and it was like we just did it to make ourselves feel better. I feel like I used him…I think I feel a little used…I didn’t want it to happen like that Jess. What do I do now? What if he thinks I’m just some sort of slut now?” I rambled.

Jessica didn’t say anything at first. I didn’t know if she was going to answer me. Finally, I heard her take a deep breath. “Wow kid…that’s kinda fucked up. I’m sure he doesn’t think you’re a slut because if he does well that just makes him an ass and a slut as well. If that’s the case I’m going to have to go to Washington and kick his ass for making my baby cousin feel bad.”

I laughed, “Jess I’m not a baby anymore…obviously.”

“You will always be my baby cousin kid, even when you’re a hundred!” She cooed into the phone.

“Jessica don’t make me hurt you.” I growled. “What am I supposed to do when I see him again Jess?”

“One of two things: you pretend like it never happened or you talk to him about it.”

“I don’t know if I can.” I whined.

“And you want to know why I call you my baby cousin? It’s time to put your big girl panties on and deal with the after math. You were adult enough to do it, now by adult enough to talk about it.” She scolded.

“I hate it when you’re right.” I muttered, “Well I just needed to get that off my chest. I’m going to shower and head to bed. I’ll call you tomorrow.”

After my shower, I laid in the dark in my bed staring up at the ceiling. What did Edward think of me after that? I had no idea when I would see him next. I wished I could just talk to him and get past this.

The next morning I woke up groggy after tossing and turning all night. I had managed to get a few hours of sleep, but when I did, I dreamed of Edward. I just wanted to get my mind off him for a bit, but my brain seemed to think differently. I paced around my house wondering if it would be strange to just show up at his house and demand to talk to him. Although having a private conversation was probably slim when the house was full of other vampires. I jumped when I heard a knock on the front door.
Who the hell could that be? I didn’t know anyone in town except for the Cullens.

I was surprised to see Alice standing in my doorway. “Morning Jazz, I hope you don’t mind me showing up like this, but I figured since you were up we could talk?”

“Yeah sure, uh, come in. Sorry I’m not dressed I’ve just been hanging around the house.” I said suddenly uncomfortable standing next to Alice’s designer outfit in my sweats and t-shirt.

“Sweetie this is your house you can be dressed however you feel like it. I know it’s not really my place to say, but I know what happened between you and Edward yesterday.”

“Of course you do.” I muttered feeling embarrassed.

“You know he doesn’t think any less of you for it. He’s just as confused as you are. Edward is…well he doesn’t particularly like the idea of starting a new relationship after what happened with Bella. She hurt him something awful. I know you moved here because of a vision and I just want to let you know that I have had visions of you for a while and they all involve you and my brother. You two will be very happy together.”

“Look I’m not too keen on starting a relationship either and don’t you think it’s a little soon for talk like that? I mean I just made out with the guy it’s not like we slept together or anything!” I exclaimed suddenly feeling claustrophobic at the topic of a relationship.
“If you really felt that way Jasmine you wouldn’t have been up all night worrying about what Edward thought of you.”

“My god it is really annoying being on the other end of this. OK yes, I was worried about what he thought of me. I want him to like me, but I don’t think now is the time for all this relationship talk. I don’t do well with relationships.” I said rubbing my temples. I was starting to get a headache.

“Why don’t you get dressed and come home with me? You can talk to Edward yourself.”

“What? No! No…I...I don’t know what to say…It’s too soon!” I said suddenly panicking.

“Trust me Jazz you will feel much better when you talk to him. He really wants to talk to you. He’s just as nervous as you are.”

“He is?”

“Of course he is! He may be a vampire, but he is still a guy and they get scared when talking to girls as well. Just come back with me and you’ll see it will be for the best.” She said taking my hand and standing.

I shuffled in my spot, “Well…OK let me just get dressed.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be greatly appreciated!