Status: Finished!!!

Life Starts After Dark

9

Eric’s POV

There was no way I could face her after what I had done to her. She would never forgive me. That was certain. How could she, when I had tricked her?

If there was anything redeeming about my trickery, it was the fact that I did it to save her, and not to seduce her. Although the dreams she was having now, I could use as leverage. However, more than anything, I did not want her to die. That was an unbearable concept to consider.

It did not help that lately, I had been dreaming as well. She did not need to give me her blood to make me dream of her in the daytime, when I was safe from the sun in the basement of my home. After centuries of never having a single dream, I was suddenly flooded with the subconscious images of her. I had forgotten just how strange dreams could be. I also had forgotten just how real they could feel to me.

I suppose it served me right for doing that to her. She would probably laugh at me if I bothered to confide in her how much she drove me insane. I was not sure if she ever took me seriously before. She always seemed to see past my pretenses. The dreams she had of me were probably more annoying than effective.

That was why I could never face her again. I had made damage that I could never repair. In addition, she would never even partially trust me again. It was better that I just left her alone to live out the rest of her human life. I would always be able to feel her, and that would just have to be enough for me. It would make it easier for me to keep her safe. I would always be there for her, but just at a distance. She would forever remain the one that got away from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
: ( This was a sad chapter for me to write, but I love this story so much now! I am really getting into writing it. I hope you guys like it too!