Life's a Game but it's not Fair

Holly Lane had been going through a bit if a pre mid life crisis. She graduated college and was suddenly struggling to find where she fit in, in the real world outside of sororities, keggers, and college events. She had become very well acquainted with the college lifestyle so once it ended she was lost.

Life had always been easy for Holly. Her family was wealthy, beyond wealthy actually, and she had always had everything handed to her. She was one of those children that were born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Even her future was planned out for her and just waiting for her start it. She had a job lined up for her in her father’s Law office and it was assumed that she would marry Paul; her college boyfriend.

One day Holly woke up and it was like an epiphany. She didn't want to marry Paul; she wasn’t even sure that she really liked him. She didn't want to work under her father; she actually hated law. She had figured that school had kicked her ass all those years because it was hard, but it could have been so easy had she gone to school for her rather than her parents. Maybe she would have enjoyed the school part as well. Holly was Pre Law at the University of Vermont and she barely ever opened a book in her four years. Every year her father called up the dean and funded something so that Holly could get A’s.

Holly decided to end that once and for all. She broke up with Paul and she left Vermont determined to make it on her own; live life her way. When she thought of where she would go only one place popped into mind. Toronto.
  1. One
    He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to him. Whatever happened he just wanted to make it better for her.
  2. Two
    “Thank god I stopped at the liquor store.” She told Viktor and Tyler as she returned to the kitchen. “Jack and Jose never let me down.”
  3. Three
    Holly turned towards Viktor with an ear to ear grin. Her hand slipped easily into his. “Come tuck me in Vik.”
  4. Four
    Viktor’s arms wrapped tightly around Holly and she felt his head against her back. All of a sudden everything from last night came back to her.
  5. Five
    For the first time in a long time she felt as though a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. Everything was crystal clear.
  6. Six
    “Sooner or later I'm going to have to meet someone Vik. Maybe you shouldn’t have to fight guys away from me anymore. You don't need that burden.”
  7. Seven
    “You really don’t see it, do you?” Tyler questioned, truly surprised that Holly was oblivious. How could she not see that his teammate was absolutely head over heels for her?